Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 06:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

An year gap after graduation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

An year gap after graduation [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2010, 09:01
Hi everybody,this is Adarsh from India.My academic record is:Bachelor degree in Industrial engg. with 69% and post graduate degree in engineering from a top engg. college with a cgpa of 8.5 out of 10.I have an experience of 2 years in a leading public sector bank of India, but i have an year gap of one year after by bachelor degree because the company in which i was selected cancelled the recruitment.I have qualified GATE two times( GATE is an entrance test conducted in India for admission into PG programs in engg. in National level institutes and is considered as one of the toughest exams to crack).Will the year gap affect my chances of getting into a top B-school if i score very well in gmat.Do the US B schools consider marks of 10th and 12th class?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Status: One Consultant. Unparalleled Experience. Unlimited Support. - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Stanford admit rate 2013: 100%
GMAT 1: 740 Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

Re: An year gap after graduation [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2010, 11:00
What did you do during that one year gap? It certainly will not help you but if you can tell a pretty convincing story, so something else that you were doing, that will help. Volunteer work, family things, etc. The important thing now is to figure out the best way to talk around that one year gap. When are you applying?

-Scott
scott@personalmbacoach.com
www.personalmbacoach.com
--Free application strategy discussion & initial essay review
--Insider tips and mock interview preparation

Scott Edinburgh
Personal MBA Coach
scott@personalmbacoach.com
http://www.personalmbacoach.com
--Free consultation & application strategy discussion

Re: An year gap after graduation   [#permalink] 21 Nov 2010, 11:00