Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 12 Jul 2014, 23:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Analysis of an Issue - Interviews - Appreciate Feedback

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 97 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Analysis of an Issue - Interviews - Appreciate Feedback [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2009, 20:18
I did a trial GMAT prep including AWA today. This may sound stupid but I couldn't figure out how to get my essays from my previous attempt so this time I spent the last 3 mins doing print screens :P So obviously didn't get a chance to check my spelling. I would appreciate any feedback for my essay... Kudos given for good constructive feedback. Thanks
Attachments

Analysis of an Issue.JPG
Analysis of an Issue.JPG [ 287.79 KiB | Viewed 1125 times ]

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Knewton GMAT Representative
Schools: BA Amherst College, MFA Brooklyn College
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 1

Re: Analysis of an Issue - Interviews - Appreciate Feedback [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2010, 07:32
Thanks for sharing this essay. I think it would shake out around a 5.5.

You would receive such a high score because the essay is well organized and you make nice supporting points.

You would not, in my opinion, earn a 6 because there's not enough meat in the thesis. Introduce your supporting points in the very first paragraph.

For example: You're thesis could be: playing soccer for your club team is more important than playing soccer for your country. And then you say, in the first paragraph, the reasons are practical, financial, and responsible.

And then your first body paragraph is all about the practical importance of playing for club.

And then your second body paragraph is all about the financial benefits of focusing on club play.

And so on.

Lastly, I think you pay too much deference to the other side of the argument. Don't say "I agree that both" -- just make a strong argument in favor of one perspective.

You're really close to a perfect score!

Thanks. Let me know if you have any more questions about the AWAs in particular or your GMAT preparation in general.

Cheers,
Josh

Josh Anish
Senior Editor
Knewton, Inc

Free GMAT Club tests ($250 value) in addition to any other discounts or coupons when you buy the Knewton Course with KnewtonBest-GMAT-Club discount code.
Use this promo code when you sign up for Knewton: KnewtonBest-GMAT-Club

Re: Analysis of an Issue - Interviews - Appreciate Feedback   [#permalink] 19 Jan 2010, 07:32