Took my GMAT Prep CAT 1 - 650 (48Q/31V)
- 15 Wrong in Quant (so many errors! never ever happend to me in Quant)
- 12 Wrong in Verbal (When started the Verbal section, wasn't comfortable with my responses on first 5questions, then saw a very short RC, so decided to retake the CAT, and skipped next 5 problems, then thought of completing the CAT, anyways! )
- Never try to assess the difficulty level of problems
- Stay focused on the test
- Some problem (from your strong area) might be easy for you but possibly be difficult as per GMAT standards Experience
- Read the question fully
- GMAT prblems are tricky not difficult
- Avoid doing silly mistakes
- On an average, one can spend 1.5 min/problem
- PS: Some weak areas: Circular P&C, Number Theory
- DS: Problem try to solve through equations, don't go by gut, which i usually do Verbal
- Got 12 wrong with 71% accuracy; But got them wrong at wrong places rather skipped those problems, which i got wrong
- 1 Liner SC could be difficult: Don't try to assess the level of the problem
- 3-4 liner CRs could be difficult: Don't try to assess the level of the problem
- Small RC passages could be difficult: So don't assess
- Throughout CAT1, i saw very small 1-2 liner SCs; 3-4 liner CRs; And 4 short RCs & 1 Long RC
Attaching here quant problems, which i got wrong.....still seeking answers! Will try re-attempting....
Verbal - analysis yet to be done. Will come back.
Will come back with overall detailed analysis of CAT1.
Dated: 8th Sept 2009
Took GMAT Prep 2 - 640 (48Q/29V) with 3 missed in Verbal
- 11 Wrong in Quant (Not happy with my Quant performance)
- 15 Wrong in Verbal with 3 missed (Quite demotivating)
Will come back with the analysis.....I personally feel i can do better than this.
1 observation, i never timed myself on any of these tests
1. Need to time myself: - Quant: By 15th minute i should be on 31 question
- Verbal: By 45th minute i should be on 15th Question / By 15th minute i should be on 32nd problem