Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 12 Jul 2014, 08:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

And.. I start my GMAT Journey from here....

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

And.. I start my GMAT Journey from here.... [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2012, 05:47
Hello BB,

Let me tell you one think to start with. You are doing GREAT job. Amazing. Superb. Excellent.

I just decided couple of days ago that i want to go for MBA. I need 700+ in GMAT at any cost. Come what may!

But, i need your advice.

I am Chartered Accountant by profession and was an average in Math in School. Its been pretty long time that i opened any math work book. So, Math is the area where i have to improve a lot.

I have 2 questions for you:

1. Do i need to give GMAT Prep Test now? Considering the fact that i need to improve a math to a great extent?

2. Which books you would suggest me for MATH?

I would highly appreciate for your answer.

Thank you.

Cheers!

WAR (Hard Work) is the only truth that i know. And, i stand by the truth !

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS '14
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [2] , given: 8

Re: And.. I start my GMAT Journey from here.... [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2012, 22:59
This post received
KUDOS
Don't take GMATPrep in vain! I know that you are very curious to know what your current level is, but I can guarantee you that it won't be near to the 700's. Moreover, if you fail to reach the 600's, you will definitely be very upset, which could seriously discourage you.

Talking about math, I was very sure that I am very good at math, but not until I took my GMATprep1 have I understood that I am lack of some math tips crucial for a good Q score. I would recommend you to devote a significant amount of time to MGMAT books. They comprise everything you must know about GMAT, in terms of basic principles. After that, go on with more complicated issues, typical of 700- level questions.

KUDOS needed URGENTLY. Thank you in advance and be ACTIVE!

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 21

Re: And.. I start my GMAT Journey from here.... [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2012, 11:29
This post received
KUDOS
Ozlander wrote:
I have 2 questions for you:

1. Do i need to give GMAT Prep Test now? Considering the fact that i need to improve a math to a great extent?

2. Which books you would suggest me for MATH?

I am not BB. But let me try to answer your qsns.. and yes indeed BB has done a great job by creating this site.

1. Do not waste GMAT prep now. Its very precious to try when you know you are not even close to being ready. If you want to check where you stand, you can try free manhattangmat test. It comes very close to Gmat prep test

2. best-gmat-math-prep-books-reviews-recommendations-77291.html?fl=menu

Manhattan Books are good to learn Basics. I would suggest Manhattan Books

- Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

http://gmatclub.com/forum/finally-gmat-is-over-730-49q-41v-130632.html

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 276

Kudos [?]: 602 [1] , given: 5

Re: And.. I start my GMAT Journey from here.... [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2012, 21:46
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
You should be able to take 2 GMATPrep practice exams - if you want you can take the first one so you have a feel for the exam and the interface. After that first test, go over all your wrong answers, focus on learning basics and understanding frameworks. Leave the second GMATPrep practice test for when you're ready to so how far you've come.

There are many resources out there for practice questions - we recommend the Official Guide 13th edition for your question bank.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: ISB '15
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 33 [1] , given: 34

Reviews Badge
Re: And.. I start my GMAT Journey from here.... [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2012, 00:52
This post received
KUDOS
Hi....go through BB's study plan.....he advices taking GMAT prep 1 at the beginning : gmat-study-plan-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

And no, its not much of a waste.....its neccessary to gauge your true level.....and anyway even if u retake the GMATPrep test u'll find only very few overlaps....and especially if u take 4-6b months later then it'll almost seem like new....
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.08

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 104

Re: And.. I start my GMAT Journey from here.... [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2012, 13:04
This post received
KUDOS
I think it's a good idea to take the GMATPrep test to determine what level you're at. Once you figured out some initial weaknesses, you can create a customized study plan for yourself.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 39

GMAT Tests User
Re: And.. I start my GMAT Journey from here.... [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2012, 15:06
I second that you should use Manhattan GMAT Math Books as they are one of the best on the market. If you are also having some issues with Data Sufficiency, look at Veritas Prep GMAT Data Sufficiency. That one helps one who is sort of new to that question type to tackle those type of questions on the GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

Re: And.. I start my GMAT Journey from here.... [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2012, 00:52
Dear All,

Thank you very much for your responses. I am glad to receive so many responses for my questions. This forum rocks!

It's great to be here and know and communicate with many learned people like you guys. Highly appreciated !

While you all have given very good suggestions, i have selected my plan accordingly my capabilities:

1. I know that i need to work extensively on Match. So, i am going for MGMAT Books. I am planning to order all strategy books for Quant.

2. I am not going for any GMAT Test Prep now. I already know that i need to work hard in Math. It would be difficult to score even 30 in math if i give a test now. So, i will keep those intact once i am done with my all MGMAT Math Strategy books.

I know MGMAT is quite indepth and will take huge amount of time. I am also working and it hardly gives me 2 hours a day for study. Its gonna take long time to complete all 5 math strategy books. But, no option...! I need to do it.

Thank you all.

Regards,

WAR (Hard Work) is the only truth that i know. And, i stand by the truth !

Re: And.. I start my GMAT Journey from here....   [#permalink] 22 Apr 2012, 00:52