Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Jul 2014, 03:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Posts: 13
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q38 V45
GPA: 3.37
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2012, 08:49
jty107 wrote:
I'm planning on applying for the R4 round...I know I'm late to the game, but just had to keep my motivation up to finally app this year.
Planning on taking GMAT by May 1st week and get all other docs together by then.

Is applying in the last round automatically make your app look bad?
Why d i get that feeling reading through this forum..

Your 2 cents appreciated...


I don't think applying in round 4 automatically makes your app look bad - if they would automatically disadvantage a round 4 candidate, why even bother having a 4th round? I would just approach applying in round 4 with an awareness that they've filled a majority of the spots through the earlier rounds, so they may be more selective in admissions as they're only going to accept enough candidates to get the # of students matriculating that they want (Historically, I think they've targeted around 280 matriculating students per year). You may face stiffer competition than in early rounds, but if you put your best app forward, I wouldn't be overly concerned.

HTH!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Mar 2012
Posts: 43
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2012, 08:57
triviabuff wrote:
jty107 wrote:
I'm planning on applying for the R4 round...I know I'm late to the game, but just had to keep my motivation up to finally app this year.
Planning on taking GMAT by May 1st week and get all other docs together by then.

Is applying in the last round automatically make your app look bad?
Why d i get that feeling reading through this forum..

Your 2 cents appreciated...


I don't think applying in round 4 automatically makes your app look bad - if they would automatically disadvantage a round 4 candidate, why even bother having a 4th round? I would just approach applying in round 4 with an awareness that they've filled a majority of the spots through the earlier rounds, so they may be more selective in admissions as they're only going to accept enough candidates to get the # of students matriculating that they want (Historically, I think they've targeted around 280 matriculating students per year). You may face stiffer competition than in early rounds, but if you put your best app forward, I wouldn't be overly concerned.

HTH!


At the info session a couple weeks ago, they mentioned that they were currently "55% complete with admissions." I can only assume this means they have filled 55% of slots. This is probably the reason they added an R4 in the first place. They also mentioned they may admit more students than initially planned due to the flex program.

I also noticed the decision date is the same for R3 and R4
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Mar 2012
Posts: 14
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 13:53
To anyone out there interested, I just rcvd my welcome package today at work. It had a hat, poster, book, student handbook, pen, post its, luggage tag, flash drive, a welcome letter, and some other flyers/information for the upcoming year. Very nice!

I have to admit, I think sending it to my work is strategic to get the people around me to see it. They were all very impressed.

Hopefully everyone else that has been waiting will get theirs soon!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Nov 2011
Posts: 3
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 14:12
ckAnderson wrote:
To anyone out there interested, I just rcvd my welcome package today at work. It had a hat, poster, book, student handbook, pen, post its, luggage tag, flash drive, a welcome letter, and some other flyers/information for the upcoming year. Very nice!

I have to admit, I think sending it to my work is strategic to get the people around me to see it. They were all very impressed.

Hopefully everyone else that has been waiting will get theirs soon!



Sweet! 8-)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2012
Posts: 32
Location: United States
GMAT 1: Q48 V30
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 5

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2012, 22:12
Hi All,

Anyone with a gmat score of around 650 who has been admitted?
_________________

-If you like my post, consider giving KUDOS

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Mar 2012
Posts: 43
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2012, 23:05
dddmba2012 wrote:
Hi All,

Anyone with a gmat score of around 650 who has been admitted?


I believe the middle 80% range is 640-740
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Mar 2012
Posts: 43
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2012, 16:49
Submitted! Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2012
Posts: 32
Location: United States
GMAT 1: Q48 V30
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 5

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2012, 09:24
Anyone who has already interviewed on Super Saturday - it would be nice to know your experience. Anything to be aware of ? Any unusual questions?

Thanks.
_________________

-If you like my post, consider giving KUDOS

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2012
Posts: 32
Location: United States
GMAT 1: Q48 V30
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 5

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2012, 11:33
triviabuff wrote:
dddmba2012 wrote:
Anyone who has already interviewed on Super Saturday - it would be nice to know your experience. Anything to be aware of ? Any unusual questions?

Thanks.


I did a Super Saturday interview for round 2, and I thought it was pretty typical/standard, without any real out-of-the-ordinary questions. My questions were along the line of tell me about your background, work history, why are you pursuing an MBA now, why UCLA, etc. One point to keep in mind is that the interviewer has not seen your application, so feel free to talk about topics you address in your essays - you may think it's redundant, but they haven't heard it yet.

HTH, and good luck to all the round 3 applicants!



Thank you. Yeah my interview is on Saturday.
One more question - any idea when they announce the outcome - whether selected, wait-listed or denied?
_________________

-If you like my post, consider giving KUDOS

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Mar 2012
Posts: 43
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2012, 11:36
dddmba2012 wrote:
Thank you. Yeah my interview is on Saturday.
One more question - any idea when they announce the outcome - whether selected, wait-listed or denied?


I was doing some research on this, it seems they start releasing decisions around 2 weeks before the published date.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Posts: 13
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q38 V45
GPA: 3.37
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2012, 13:04
gtdj06 wrote:
dddmba2012 wrote:
Thank you. Yeah my interview is on Saturday.
One more question - any idea when they announce the outcome - whether selected, wait-listed or denied?


I was doing some research on this, it seems they start releasing decisions around 2 weeks before the published date.


I think this depends on the volume of applications they receive. Definitely for R2 we were notified about 2 1/2 weeks before the posted deadline, but the only caveat I would point out is that (according to mba consultants I've spoken to) part-time programs tend to receive the bulk of their applications in R3 (vs. full-time programs which receive the bulk in R2). So even though R1 and R2 FEMBA were notified early, don't be surprised if you have to wait until the posted deadline, as they'll for sure be reviewing more apps this time than in previous rounds.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Mar 2012
Posts: 43
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2012, 13:09
triviabuff wrote:
I think this depends on the volume of applications they receive. Definitely for R2 we were notified about 2 1/2 weeks before the posted deadline, but the only caveat I would point out is that (according to mba consultants I've spoken to) part-time programs tend to receive the bulk of their applications in R3 (vs. full-time programs which receive the bulk in R2). So even though R1 and R2 FEMBA were notified early, don't be surprised if you have to wait until the posted deadline, as they'll for sure be reviewing more apps this time than in previous rounds.


It's gonna be a loooong ride
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Posts: 13
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q38 V45
GPA: 3.37
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2012, 13:49
gtdj06 wrote:
triviabuff wrote:
I think this depends on the volume of applications they receive. Definitely for R2 we were notified about 2 1/2 weeks before the posted deadline, but the only caveat I would point out is that (according to mba consultants I've spoken to) part-time programs tend to receive the bulk of their applications in R3 (vs. full-time programs which receive the bulk in R2). So even though R1 and R2 FEMBA were notified early, don't be surprised if you have to wait until the posted deadline, as they'll for sure be reviewing more apps this time than in previous rounds.


It's gonna be a loooong ride



Haha yes, but enjoy it! I thought the waiting after I submitted was painfully slow. After getting admitted, though, I feel like I can't slow this thing down, and we're still 4 1/2 months before the first class!!! The next 3 years are going to be crazy, so I'm just doing my best to soak up free time and 8 hrs of sleep a day while I still can. :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Mar 2012
Posts: 43
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2012, 14:57
triviabuff wrote:
Haha yes, but enjoy it! I thought the waiting after I submitted was painfully slow. After getting admitted, though, I feel like I can't slow this thing down, and we're still 4 1/2 months before the first class!!! The next 3 years are going to be crazy, so I'm just doing my best to soak up free time and 8 hrs of sleep a day while I still can. :)


Good point, but for now I will be hanging out in this thread:

stress-management-during-applications-what-do-you-do-123655.html
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 May 2012
Posts: 12
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.52
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 May 2012, 12:06
Guys, I apologize if this has been asked before. How accurate are the admission stats on businessweek page for UCLA FEMBA?

If you see the GMAT distribution for applicant and admitted pool:

GMAT score distribution (applicant pool)
10th Percentile 540
25th Percentile 610
50th Percentile (median) 660
Average GMAT Score 643
75th Percentile 700
90th Percentile 720


GMAT score distribution (incoming class)
10th Percentile 640
75th Percentile 710
25th Percentile 660
50th Percentile (median) 690
90th Percentile 730
Average GMAT Score 689

You'll see that if you have a score close to 690/700, only 25% applicants have scores greater then you, but over half of the admitted class have scores greater then you. BW says there were 640 applicants for FEMBA and 288 got in.

Using that figure, it'll mean that 160 applicants have scores greater then equal to 690/700, and so close to 144 of them were admitted.

Is this right?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Mar 2012
Posts: 43
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 May 2012, 13:47
premgoel wrote:
Guys, I apologize if this has been asked before. How accurate are the admission stats on businessweek page for UCLA FEMBA?

If you see the GMAT distribution for applicant and admitted pool:

GMAT score distribution (applicant pool)
10th Percentile 540
25th Percentile 610
50th Percentile (median) 660
Average GMAT Score 643
75th Percentile 700
90th Percentile 720


GMAT score distribution (incoming class)
10th Percentile 640
75th Percentile 710
25th Percentile 660
50th Percentile (median) 690
90th Percentile 730
Average GMAT Score 689

You'll see that if you have a score close to 690/700, only 25% applicants have scores greater then you, but over half of the admitted class have scores greater then you. BW says there were 640 applicants for FEMBA and 288 got in.

Using that figure, it'll mean that 160 applicants have scores greater then equal to 690/700, and so close to 144 of them were admitted.

Is this right?


I don't know how big their sample is for this data, but wow the 50th percentile for applicants and the 10th percentile for incoming class are only 20 points apart
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 May 2012
Posts: 12
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.52
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 May 2012, 18:04
It's actually 120 points apart. Maybe you thought you saw 640 instead of 540 for 10th percentile incoming.

Last edited by premgoel on 06 May 2012, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 May 2012
Posts: 12
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.52
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 May 2012, 18:05
Looks to me the analysis is done on the entire data and not on a sample.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Mar 2012
Posts: 43
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 May 2012, 18:56
premgoel wrote:
It's actually 120 points apart. Maybe you thought you saw 640 instead of 540 for 10th percentile incoming.


US News and BW state 640 as the 10th percentile for incoming...

im comparing the median for the applicant pool and the 10th percentile of the incoming class
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 May 2012
Posts: 12
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.52
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 May 2012, 08:44
gtdj06 wrote:
premgoel wrote:
It's actually 120 points apart. Maybe you thought you saw 640 instead of 540 for 10th percentile incoming.


US News and BW state 640 as the 10th percentile for incoming...

im comparing the median for the applicant pool and the 10th percentile of the incoming class


Yup...your right...that's indeed only 20 points apart.
Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 07 May 2012, 08:44
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
14 Experts publish their posts in the topic Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants USCTrojan2006 281 08 Sep 2011, 00:18
59 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! tim0thy 331 04 Nov 2012, 01:33
52 Experts publish their posts in the topic UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants johnnyGMAT2k10 956 25 Aug 2011, 23:12
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  15    Next  [ 282 posts ] 

Moderator: DefyingGravity



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.