Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 06:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.59
WE: Corporate Finance (Entertainment and Sports)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 33

GMAT Tests User
Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Sep 2011, 00:18
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Anderson FEMBA 2012

Add Your Name to the List

Anderson FEMBA Applicant Summary (Real Time)

Quick Glance: GMAT Club vs. Latest Intake (Class of 2013)

Real Time App Tracker Feed

Detailed Applicant List: Add Yourself to This List (add Anderson FEMBA to your profile)

GMAT Club's Real-time Admissions Statistics

Add Your Profile to This List
Questions about this Roll Call?

Last edited by rasta on 02 Jan 2012, 03:58, edited 1 time in total.
Updated
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2011, 01:12
This post received
KUDOS
Good Evening Everyone!

Congratulations to everyone that is taking this exciting step and submitting applications to MBA programs. I am a FEMBA student at Anderson, and wanted to make myself available to anyone that has questions about the application process or the experience. I know there is a lot to take in, weigh and worry about as this waiting game progresses.

One of the most frequent questions I get about the process is the about the interviews. The "Super Saturday" admission interviews can be daunting, but they are administered by students and alums that are passionate about the program, and just want to learn more about you guys. They are not gatekeepers, and although it is easier said then done, just take a breath relax, and treat it like another opportunity to learn about the program and get that added dimension beyond rankings speculation, and admission statistics. Best of luck, and I will be checking in on this thread to see if I can be of assistance!

Best,

Andy Bruin :-D
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.59

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 33

GMAT Tests User
Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2011, 13:33
This post received
KUDOS
Same as you.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2011, 14:07
This post received
KUDOS
mrfeder wrote:
Thanks trojan. Anyone Else?

Same
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, General Management
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 4

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2011, 13:53
This post received
KUDOS
just received a call .. i am in!!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.7

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2011, 14:48
This post received
KUDOS
I got the call as well. In at UCLA!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 3

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2011, 16:08
This post received
KUDOS
I got a call this afternoon. I'm in as well. Was told that the official letter would be available online tomorrow :)
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2011, 16:38
This post received
KUDOS
Derek,

It sounds like you are accomplished. Forget the stats...the die is cast and I wouldn't belabour the points. Dylan and FEMBA want to know about YOU. Everyone in contention has a lot under their belt and a lot to contribute, but find your honest voice and convey who you are and why you want to be here. Honestly, the GMAT, GPA and experience allow people into the conversation, and based on your numbers, you are in it. The lion's share of your time, should be spent finding your voice and desire for why you want to be at Anderson. How do you lead, and facilitate change? My classmates are dynamic as hell and amazing to work with, but I do not benefit from their GPA or GMAT. My classmates are awesome people with sweet experiences. Sell yours. BTW...surrounded by engineers in my section--good people! Best of luck!

Andy Bruin
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: UCLA Anderson FEMBA Class of 2014

Kudos [?]: 17 [1] , given: 4

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2011, 20:39
This post received
KUDOS
suwaguman wrote:
Does anyone know the total cost of the program? The only information I can find is the 1st year "fee" which is $36,000 (not including books, materials, fees, etc). Is this really the fee for each of the 3 years for a total of $108,000?

If that's the case, then it's more expensive than Marshall MBA.PM, which is $108,000 BUT INCLUDES fees, books, parking, etc.

Is it true that UCLA is actually more expensive than USC? Can anyone chime in on this?

That's correct, annual tuition is about ~$36k for UCLA FEMBA. If I remember correctly, when I was applying last year, the difference was that USC's fees are not locked in, meaning each year it can go up and at the end of your program cost more than UCLA's. UCLA's is locked in the year you apply for the remainder of the program. The 2012 FEMBA Class actually has books included in their fees and they were locked in at a lower rate than our class.

On another note, I wouldn't focus too much about the difference of a few thousand dollars. Not saying it's not important, but your decision should be based more on fit with the program than which is a few thousand cheaper.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.51
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2012, 15:16
This post received
KUDOS
razor35gmat wrote:
Folks,

The wordings on my status today are a little different.
It says: "Your FEMBA application is currently being reviewed by the admissions committee and a decision will be released by the publish date for your round."

Previously, it used to state: "Your FEMBA application is complete and is being reviewed by our admissions committee."

Anyone else having this updated message in their online status??....

Yes, mine says "your application has been reviewed by the admissions committee and you have been put on the wait list". I called thekm to see what the process was and they told me that they think their is an error in the status and will try to call me back by the end of the day.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2012, 18:42
This post received
KUDOS
I got the call this afternoon - I'm in! :) I wasn't expecting any news this soon (FEMBA R2)...can't wait to get started.

G/L to all.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2012, 18:50
This post received
KUDOS
Also received a call from UCLA this afternoon but missed the call! No voicemail was left. When I called the number back I reached a general UCLA afterhours recording. Looks like I'll have to wait until tomorrow.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 1

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2012, 18:52
This post received
KUDOS
Got the call @ 6:30PM today. I'm in!!
Hope to see more such good news from others in the forum.

Good luck to everyone!

PS: I think the online results/e-mail should be updated sometime tomorrow evening...
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q38 V45
GPA: 3.37

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2012, 09:44
This post received
KUDOS
dddmba2012 wrote:
Anyone who has already interviewed on Super Saturday - it would be nice to know your experience. Anything to be aware of ? Any unusual questions?

Thanks.

I did a Super Saturday interview for round 2, and I thought it was pretty typical/standard, without any real out-of-the-ordinary questions. My questions were along the line of tell me about your background, work history, why are you pursuing an MBA now, why UCLA, etc. One point to keep in mind is that the interviewer has not seen your application, so feel free to talk about topics you address in your essays - you may think it's redundant, but they haven't heard it yet.

HTH, and good luck to all the round 3 applicants!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: UCLA Anderson FEMBA Class of 2014

Kudos [?]: 17 [1] , given: 4

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2012, 18:53
This post received
KUDOS
SurferNerd wrote:
How many people here are signing up for the math, stats and excel refresher courses in August?

The refresher course for Excel really isn't needed, I'd recommend saving your money. Anything you do in Excel for Stats and Finance the first year, the prof. will go over in detail. For Math and Stats, very very few people from my section took those, and those that did, they said there was a lot of repetition in that the prof. goes over it in the first weeks.

- (I'm a second year femba in case you're wondering)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.11

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2011, 11:16
Is anyone else getting antsy waiting for the FEMBA decision date (December 9)??

I applied in R1 but was unable to make it to Super Saturday for an interview. I was not contacted for a phone interview, so that might be a bad sign. The one major weakness in my application is my cumulative GPA (3.03), however, I'm hoping that my major GPA (3.8) will make up for it.

I hate waiting! How are the rest of you getting through this?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2011, 23:22
@amylucha, I feel your pain. I am getting anxious as well. I'm the yin to your yang. Hoping my GPA makes up for less than stellar GMAT. I am surprised there are no decisions out yet for FEMBA r1. Don't know what to expect...
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2011, 10:36
I am thinking decisions will be released on or within a few days of the deadline. What does everybody's status message say on the online app?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2011, 10:44
My status is below. Hasn't changed since my submission date.

Submission Status: Submitted
Your FEMBA application is complete and is being reviewed by our admissions committee.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.11

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2011, 10:50
Same here. Hasn't changed since submission date.

Submission Status: Submitted
Submitted Date: 10/21/2011 8:35:00 PM EST
Your FEMBA application is complete and is being reviewed by our admissions committee.
Re: Anderson FEMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 02 Dec 2011, 10:50