Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Dec 2014, 04:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 May 2014, 09:22
jackanatic wrote:
cssrikanthca wrote:
Hi guys

Any body got interview invites for R3? I applied on April 14th 2014.
Does ucla intimate the candidate if not short listed?

A brief about myself
Age 30
9 years of work experience in corporate finance.
Currently working as country finance head in east africa for a singapore based MNC.
Nationality indian
GMAT 620

Hi cssrikanthca,

Your experience is impressive, but Anderson may question your GMAT scores. Also, round three tends to be the most competitive. Perhaps you should re-test and apply again in round one.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the response. I do understand your view point and agree that I might have to retake the test. But just wanted to know if UCLA responds to those candidates who are not short listed for interview. Because the website clearly says that they may not be able to give feedback on rejected admissions after interviews. But how about the shortlisting of applications and sending interview invites.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 May 2014, 05:47
ssgt wrote:
immadavid wrote:
Any R2 Waitlist folks have any updates or insights?

This wait is torture...

The wait is pretty bad - I check this site pretty much daily and the lack of transparency into the process is frustrating (and unavoidable). At least we should have some update in early June.

Agree. Applied on April 14th 2014. Waiting for an update.

Will still be ok if not invited. But just want to know whats happening :(

What is the last date till which we have to wait for an update. Been checking the status tab and email obsessively.

Sesha
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V38

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 3

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 May 2014, 06:49
This post received
KUDOS
cssrikanthca wrote:
ssgt wrote:
immadavid wrote:
Any R2 Waitlist folks have any updates or insights?

This wait is torture...

The wait is pretty bad - I check this site pretty much daily and the lack of transparency into the process is frustrating (and unavoidable). At least we should have some update in early June.

Agree. Applied on April 14th 2014. Waiting for an update.

Will still be ok if not invited. But just want to know whats happening :(

What is the last date till which we have to wait for an update. Been checking the status tab and email obsessively.

Sesha

The decision deadline is on June 3. Since early May, Anderson knows exactly the number of Round 2 admitted that accepted their spot. Hence they are probably now in a position to evaluate candidates and understand what type of profiles they would like to add up to the Class of 2016. I would not get worried until the end of May.

There is still time, keep calm and try to keep your eyes away from this forum as Anderson sends interviews in different batches. Good luck to you!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 5

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 May 2014, 11:46
http://mbablogs.anderson.ucla.edu/mba_a ... ahead.html

there's your answer - now the question is, will they update candidates before the decision deadline - has anyone heard a definitive answer?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 May 2014, 04:26
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Anyone applied for round three and did not get an interview invite yet?
As they have said in the blog update that the vast majority of interview invites have already gone out... So those who haven't received an invite are most probably to get denied?
Intern
Intern

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 May 2014, 00:38
Schingi wrote:
As they have said in the blog update that the vast majority of interview invites have already gone out... So those who haven't received an invite are most probably to get denied?

Hi Mate,

Pretty much in the same boat. I guess we have to wait till end of May. Do they send a mail if dinged. Just wondering :roll:
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 May 2014, 05:47
This post was
BOOKMARKED
cssrikanthca wrote:
Schingi wrote:

Hi Mate,

Pretty much in the same boat. I guess we have to wait till end of May. Do they send a mail if dinged. Just wondering :roll:

The same for me, still no answer. From what I could understand we have about one more week to expect interview invitations. They will send an email with the decision anyway, if admitted or dinged. Good luck to both of you!!
4 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [4] , given: 0

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 May 2014, 09:55
This post received
KUDOS
Was just admitted off the R1 waitlist! Received the email earlier today.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 90

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 May 2014, 10:04
amyelizzabeth wrote:
Was just admitted off the R1 waitlist! Received the email earlier today.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Congratulations! Look forward to meeting you in the fall.

Follow my reapplicant story at http://mbareapplicant84.blogspot.com/

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 May 2014, 13:50
Received the official notice this morning - I'm in! (R3)
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.49

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 50

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 May 2014, 21:44
dbailey1 wrote:

Awesome, and congrats!
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.49

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 50

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 May 2014, 21:44
Oops! Double post. Congrats to all R3 accepted applicants.

Last edited by chouman on 22 May 2014, 08:54, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 May 2014, 03:52
dbailey1 wrote:

Congrats mate. Good luck.

Btw when did you get the first email , i mean interview invite/date
Current Student

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 May 2014, 21:10
chouman wrote:
dbailey1 wrote:

Awesome, and congrats!

Thanks, chouman. Congrats to you as well!
Current Student

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 May 2014, 21:13
cssrikanthca wrote:
dbailey1 wrote:

Congrats mate. Good luck.

Btw when did you get the first email , i mean interview invite/date

Thanks, I received the interview invite shortly after the R3 deadline. I interviewed on 4/24. Good luck on your application, I hope all goes well!
Intern
Intern

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 May 2014, 20:48
Hi everyone, I need opinions! I got accepted into Haas EWMBA and UCLA full-time. I have not received financial aid for either program, although I may be able to get my MBA paid for by the company I work for if I pursue the Haas EWMBA route.

Which MBA program is better between the two..Haas part time or UCLA full-time? It seems like Haas part-time does not have the prestige as the full time program, which has me worried. I also don't know if it is worth going to a full-time program and taking out large amounts of loans.

Any opinions?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.32
WE: Research (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 6

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 May 2014, 04:00
Star838 wrote:
Hi everyone, I need opinions! I got accepted into Haas EWMBA and UCLA full-time. I have not received financial aid for either program, although I may be able to get my MBA paid for by the company I work for if I pursue the Haas EWMBA route.

Which MBA program is better between the two..Haas part time or UCLA full-time? It seems like Haas part-time does not have the prestige as the full time program, which has me worried. I also don't know if it is worth going to a full-time program and taking out large amounts of loans.

Any opinions?
l.

It seems like you're leaning towards Haas based on the financial support. But, you would rather go to UCLA, if all things were equal. You should contact admissions and explain your situation. If you receive a fellowship to UCLA, then the scales might lean towards Anderson. The financial support should be a major issue, and I think it would be hard to accept UCLA w/no money vs. Cal w/full-ride.

See what Anderson can do about fellowships. It can't hurt to ask.
Intern
Intern

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 May 2014, 05:11
Unfortunately there is no hope for any financial support for UCLA at this point. I didn't get any fellowships and it is too late to get any type of scholarship. I am 90% sure that I will get financial support if I attend Haas but that is not fully guaranteed, and there is the possibility that I will leave my job to intern somewhere or try out a new position with a different company, which means that my financial support will be cut. I guess my main question would be is UCLA full time considered a better program than Haas part time? If I applied to Haas full time I would know for sure that it was ranked higher and an overall better program.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 5

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2014, 11:01
any movement or updates from R3 applicants?
Intern
Intern

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2014, 21:47
ssgt wrote:
any movement or updates from R3 applicants?

Still waiting for R3 Update. I reached out to Adcom last week. Requested for status update and mentioned that the status of application does not change in the website. Got a reply from them to wait till June 3rd as they were sending interview invites.
Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 01 Jun 2014, 21:47