Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:19 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V24
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
kumar541 wrote:
My application status is still "Submitted" not 'completed'.
Does it mean that admission committee has not received some of the required documents?

P.S.: I haven't send my scan copy of my bachelor's degree.

If you've not been interviewed yet, then submitted is the correct status for the application to be in. Your application will only be complete after your interview is done, and transcripts and degree certificate(original or attested by school) have been received. If anything is missing, it will say Application Incomplete. If you've sent the documents, it may just be that the portal has not been updated yet. Just wait for a bit or call them and confirm.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1492 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Has anyone, who applied in R2, heard from UCLA yet? Or do they start notifying after R2 deadline is over.

Regards,
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [2]
Given Kudos: 30
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
cyberjadugar wrote:
Has anyone, who applied in R2, heard from UCLA yet? Or do they start notifying after R2 deadline is over.

Regards,

Hey cyberjadugar,

They university was on shut down till yesterday. I think we can expect the interview invites to start soon. I guess the interview invites will last till the first week of feb(yes, even after the notification deadline. This happened last year. They put some people on waitlist and then immediately called for interviews). So let's keep our fingers crossed!! And yeah, Happy new year!

Thanks,
Prodizy
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1492 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
prodizy wrote:
cyberjadugar wrote:

Regards,

Hey cyberjadugar,

They university was on shut down till yesterday. I think we can expect the interview invites to start soon. I guess the interview invites will last till the first week of feb(yes, even after the notification deadline. This happened last year. They put some people on waitlist and then immediately called for interviews). So let's keep our fingers crossed!! And yeah, Happy new year!

Thanks,
Prodizy

Hey Prodizy,

Wish you the same, and happy new year to all the aspirants too!
It's always delightful to see optimistic replies, keeping the hopes alive.

Regards,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 186
Send PM
cyberjadugar wrote:
Wish you the same, and happy new year to all the aspirants too!
It's always delightful to see optimistic replies, keeping the hopes alive.

Regards,

Hey man,
Nice username! ;)

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Seems that there are not too many R2ers in the forum (108 vs 211 for R1). I thought R2 is historically the largest round?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 186
Send PM
mukakucing wrote:
Seems that there are not too many R2ers in the forum (108 vs 211 for R1). I thought R2 is historically the largest round?

Seems so!
Also considering that so few R1 acceptances have been sent out... R2 is going to be an epic round in terms of competition!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
jainpiyushjain wrote:
Am I at disadvantage applying to UCLA if I have a 3 year degree from UK instead of the preferred 4 year degree in the admission requirement?

Hey,

I don't call it a disadvantage. In the earlier years, they right out required the four-year degree. They changed the policy later. So I am guessing they are OK with people with three year degrees. I am guessing whoever is applying to a program such as UCLA might have more things to show than their acads. So may be you can try showing other merits in your profile?

Thanks,
Prodizy
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
mgh234 wrote:
aditya988 wrote:
mukakucing wrote:
Can anyone help to give an update of how many members the admitted fb page have currently?

EDIT: I found the group on FB. Only 54 members right now, and as previously mentioned about half are current students/adcom members.

I've been meaning to ask someone this for a few days! :) This is good news, I guess. Even if only half or one-third of those who have been invited joined, it sort of indicates that there are a LOT of admits in Round 1 that are yet to be given out. *fingers crossed*

I had a pretty long conversation with an Anderson student who was a student admissions rep. One of the things he mentioned was that this was the most competitive round 1 ever. I'm assuming they're waiting until Round 2 applications are in to see if it remains as competitive before deciding on a majority of round 1 people.

Yea that is what I have been thinking as well. They will admit the superstars and then wait until R2 comes in (on the 7th of January) to admit the rest. Effectively wait listing everyone who wasn't admitted in the early notification. I guess this strategy is a win win for them since they can still say they have two separate rounds with having to decided on the first rounds until all applications are in. It is only a bummer for the R1 applicants I guess who didn't have until round two to work on their applications.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there is any chance of getting an interview invite this late in the round (R1)? I am from India (working in Singapore) and it seems like the interview process has already been done for India as some Indians have already been interviewed. Is anybody else expecting an interview this late ?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
SmallFry wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there is any chance of getting an interview invite this late in the round (R1)? I am from India (working in Singapore) and it seems like the interview process has already been done for India as some Indians have already been interviewed. Is anybody else expecting an interview this late ?

Hi SmallFry,

Yes, we can very much expect the interview invites. UCLA process is a slightly different. They like to hold all the aces themselves. Though it might seem a bit unfair to the round one applicants, the bottom line is that only great people get selected in the end. Read some of the posts in this page itself. You will know what I mean.

Thanks,
Prodizy
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
WE:Supply Chain Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
R2 Applicant here. Am I the only one who feels UCLA application hardly provides any space to describe undergraduate and post-undergraduate activities, hobbies, awards etc?
How do I describe something in such less space :(

Having a hard time trying to fill up information. Same goes to GPA and other things. These are mandatory fields and ours was not a GPA system. How do the rest of the Indians handle this?

Thanks!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Laksh2013 wrote:
R2 Applicant here. Am I the only one who feels UCLA application hardly provides any space to describe undergraduate and post-undergraduate activities, hobbies, awards etc?

Having a hard time trying to fill up information. Same goes to GPA and other things. These are mandatory fields and ours was not a GPA system. How do the rest of the Indians handle this?

Thanks!

Hey the first question is kind of rhetorical. But I agree. I remember my supervisor telling me he had to change the reco at the last moment due to the character limits. Between the resume, essay, and app, won't you be able to cover all your extra curriculars? If you have to leave out very important extra curricular activities then may be you should use the optional essay explaining the lack of space in the app. But I would tread cautiously as it might come out as arrogant.

I don't think I faced the GPA issue you are mentioning. There should be clear instructions explaining what to do if you do not have GPA system. Are they not?

All the best!

Thanks,
Prodizy
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
WE:Supply Chain Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
prodizy wrote:
Laksh2013 wrote:

Thanks!

Hey the first question is kind of rhetorical. But I agree. I remember my supervisor telling me he had to change the reco at the last moment due to the character limits. Between the resume, essay, and app, won't you be able to cover all your extra curriculars? If you have to leave out very important extra curricular activities then may be you should use the optional essay explaining the lack of space in the app. But I would tread cautiously as it might come out as arrogant.

I don't think I faced the GPA issue you are mentioning. There should be clear instructions explaining what to do if you do not have GPA system. Are they not?

All the best!

Thanks,
Prodizy

Thanks for the response!
Regarding the extracurricular activities, its not the issue with space available for number of activities, but rather the space available for describing each of those :)
Allows you to type like 30-40 characters at the max. Its kinda tough to write that little about certain types of volunteer work :-D

Regarding the GPA issue. There are instructions for those of us who did not have a GPA scale. We are asked to mention what scale was followed and it should match whatever is on our transcript. This field takes only numerical values and my transcript has something like First Class with distinction. For now, I calculated the average of all my semesters and placed a percentage value in those fields. Will probably talk to someone from admissions tomorrow and make sure its safe to put it that way.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Schools: ISB '15
Send PM
prodizy wrote:
wize wrote:
Hi guys,

Do you have any ideas why adcom asked me to send official degree certificates while my application status says "complete"? Those certificates are optional, since transcripts showed the degree types.
I emailed adcom but they still insist on the request. :(

Actually, I don't want to send them over, because they are the only copies that I have.

Hey Wize,

You will not get the admission decision until you submit the hard copies to the school. UCLA doesn't even require your official GMAT score when you are applying. But, once you are invited for interview, you are supposed to send all things official in the stipulated time frame. You can ask your school for another set of official copies by paying a fee(my alma matter charges 100$ for that :( ).

Thanks,
Prodizy

Hi ! Could you please questions asked in Letter of recommendation?

Thanks!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Send PM
gsanchit wrote:

Thanks!

Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.anderson.ucla.edu/degrees/mb ... mendations

Thanks,
Prodizy
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Schools: ISB '15
Send PM
prodizy wrote:
gsanchit wrote:

Thanks!

Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.anderson.ucla.edu/degrees/mb ... mendations

Thanks,
Prodizy

Hey ! Thanks a lot. Are these the questions asked in actual LOR as well? I thought these questions are just for reference.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts