Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 04:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 221 [0], given: 54

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2014, 08:13
Expert's post
TechWithNoExp wrote:
This is just my two cents.
But I think they do a quick overview of all the applications and invite the people they really want (Super Stars) for an interview. Before doing a second round of in depth reviews and see who they want to interview. (This is done in each round.)
I think the best way to check this would be to see if the people that got offered $$ in the first round had all been invited to an interview before the generic email went out (during R1).

I agree with this. I submitted my R1 application last minute, and got an invite two and a half days later. It seemed most people who got immediate invites were domestic applicants with above average GMAT scores. I'm certain they looked at my gmat score, brand name company I worked at, and quality of my undergrad institution, without reading anything else about my application.

Also, most of the people who got an early acceptance in December were people who got scholarships (I think only one on this board DIDNT get a fellowship).
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 28

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2014, 08:23
mgh234 wrote:
TechWithNoExp wrote:
This is just my two cents.
But I think they do a quick overview of all the applications and invite the people they really want (Super Stars) for an interview. Before doing a second round of in depth reviews and see who they want to interview. (This is done in each round.)
I think the best way to check this would be to see if the people that got offered $$ in the first round had all been invited to an interview before the generic email went out (during R1).

I agree with this. I submitted my R1 application last minute, and got an invite two and a half days later. It seemed most people who got immediate invites were domestic applicants with above average GMAT scores. I'm certain they looked at my gmat score, brand name company I worked at, and quality of my undergrad institution, without reading anything else about my application.

Also, most of the people who got an early acceptance in December were people who got scholarships (I think only one on this board DIDNT get a fellowship).

I hope you guys are right. :)
I applied in R1 and still have 1% hope of being invited to interview.
Let's wait.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q V
GPA: 3.48
WE: Other (Consumer Electronics)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 8

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2014, 09:53
Hi,

Congrats for the interview invitations ! Any Indian R2 applicant getting an interview call ?

Cheers,
R2K
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 37

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2014, 10:36
r2k wrote:
Hi,

Congrats for the interview invitations ! Any Indian R2 applicant getting an interview call ?

Cheers,
R2K

No; not a word.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.59
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 12

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2014, 11:05
Hi guys. I am a R1 applicant that got invited to interview in December and just did my interview a week ago now. My question is if everyone will get notified of acceptance on the same day (the 28th) or if decisions will slowly come out starting fairly soon?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 770 Q V0

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 9

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2014, 19:10
westsidah408 wrote:

Where in SEA are you based?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Singapore at the moment. You are from Thailand? Hope the riot was not so bad where you are at.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Sauder '16 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.29
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 21

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 06:21
Desley1 wrote:
westsidah408 wrote:

Where in SEA are you based?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Singapore at the moment. You are from Thailand? Hope the riot was not so bad where you are at.

Surprisingly peaceful protests this time; wouldn't even call them protests. Some major intersections are closed off but we're pretty much function near-normal.

Any others from SEA?
Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB '15

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 07:35
r2k wrote:
Hi,

Cheers,
R2K

How did you calculate your GPA?
6 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 44 [6] , given: 70

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 07:58
This post received
KUDOS
Interviewed yesterday with a 2nd-year student. Overall I feel like it went really well. There were a couple areas I wish I would have explained a little better, but I am happy with how I did. The interview was very conversational, and for the most part, no unexpected questions. Here is a general summary of the questions I was asked:

-Tell me about yourself.
-Why an MBA now?
-Why Anderson?
-Why are you looking to change careers?
-What do you envision yourself doing when begin working in X industry?
-What are your long-term career goals?
-How will you contribute to the Anderson community?
-What are your strengths as a leader?
-What leadership qualities do you want to work on at Anderson?
-Any question for me?

The interview was about 35 minutes. Good luck to everyone interviewing or waiting for an invite!

Follow my reapplicant story at http://mbareapplicant84.blogspot.com/

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE: Programming (Investment Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 16

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 10:16
Thanks for sharing!

MBAreapplicant84 wrote:
Interviewed yesterday with a 2nd-year student. Overall I feel like it went really well. There were a couple areas I wish I would have explained a little better, but I am happy with how I did. The interview was very conversational, and for the most part, no unexpected questions. Here is a general summary of the questions I was asked:

-Tell me about yourself.
-Why an MBA now?
-Why Anderson?
-Why are you looking to change careers?
-What do you envision yourself doing when begin working in X industry?
-What are your long-term career goals?
-How will you contribute to the Anderson community?
-What are your strengths as a leader?
-What leadership qualities do you want to work on at Anderson?
-Any question for me?

The interview was about 35 minutes. Good luck to everyone interviewing or waiting for an invite!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.92

Kudos [?]: 25 [1] , given: 2

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 18:44
This post received
KUDOS
Interviewed this morning - was nervous but felt like I did pretty well. very conversation and I felt like I illustrated a strong fit to my number 1 choice. Really really really hope I can get in.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 2

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 18:49
Now begins that horrible waiting game that seems to last forever and makes the pit of your stomach feel sick for the next 3 months.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 18:59
gambelda wrote:
Interviewed this morning - was nervous but felt like I did pretty well. very conversation and I felt like I illustrated a strong fit to my number 1 choice. Really really really hope I can get in.

Congrats on receiving an interview. Would you care to share your experience of the interview (while you wait anxiously for the next three months) hehe :-D
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 25 [1] , given: 2

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 19:36
This post received
KUDOS
bydoc wrote:
gambelda wrote:

Congrats on receiving an interview. Would you care to share your experience of the interview (while you wait anxiously for the next three months) hehe :-D

I think each interviewer has the freedom to ask what they want. My questions were different from above posters. time you failed, time you had to network, etc. Most of the questions were based around me and would not be relevant to other interviewees as they were questions regarding my goals of working for a large bicycle manufacturer.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2014, 16:16
gambelda wrote:
Now begins that horrible waiting game that seems to last forever and makes the pit of your stomach feel sick for the next 3 months.

I applied on the R2 deadline and have an interview coming up next week. Are you saying I have to wait until April 2nd to find out the admission decision? Or do they release the decisions before April 2nd?
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 56

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2014, 16:21
icarus86 wrote:
gambelda wrote:

I applied on the R2 deadline and have an interview coming up next week. Are you saying I have to wait until April 2nd to find out the admission decision? Or do they release the decisions before April 2nd?

I have seen that some schools make calls to all admitted students a few days beforehand. I wouldn't anticipate finding out earlier. On the other hand, if you don't get an interview invite by the last week of March, I would take that to assume a ding.

Don't sweat it. Just focus on interview preparation in the event you get invited. Good luck!

Thoughts, anyone else?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.56

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2014, 18:14
Sounds like Anderson accepted (and offered scholarships to) some candidates well before the deadline in R1 if you go back a few pages on this thread.

Not sure if they will do that in R2 as well but it would definitely be nice. I'm interviewing next week as well.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Analyst (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2014, 15:08
Does anyone knows when is the next date that they will send invites for people on r2?
Any inteernational or latinos already invited in r2?
I am losing hope
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2014, 17:07
jcdv8686 wrote:
Does anyone knows when is the next date that they will send invites for people on r2?
I am losing hope

I'm an international applicant and got invited to r2 interview. But it's still very early so lots more invites will come in the next month or two. Definitely no need to lose hope.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 770 Q V0

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 9

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2014, 17:16
This post received
KUDOS
@ Icarus86 Just curious, where are you from? my application status has stayed as "submitted", hasn't changed since so i'm quite nervous.... Not sure if there is anything wrong :(
icarus86 wrote:
jcdv8686 wrote:
I am losing hope

I'm an international applicant and got invited to r2 interview. But it's still very early so lots more invites will come in the next month or two. Definitely no need to lose hope.
Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 19 Jan 2014, 17:16