Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Aug 2014, 20:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Other (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 9

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2013, 07:33
reesespieces2521 wrote:
hashpipe wrote:
reesespieces2521 wrote:
Hi Everyone. I received an interview invite last night as well. I submitted my app 6 hours before the deadline on Wednesday. Great to get the invitation, but am very surprised at the quick turnaround, considering my metrics aren't high.

Thats good news for folks like me ;) Could you share more details about your profile ?

Cheers!

I hope this helps.

White Male
GMAT 710
GPA 3.2 from Top Private University
WE: IT Consulting + Entrepreneurship
EC: Varsity Athlete, Community Service, Started Non-Profit
Goals: Entrepreneurship

Didn't seem like UCLA had a lot of space to put down all the EC's and Entrepreneurial Work, so I'm quite surprised by the invite, but more than gracious and humble.

Thanks reesespieces2521 ! Can totally understand the lack of space for all your ecs..!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: Q V

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2013, 08:54
Congrats & All the Best to all who got the interview invitation.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.59
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 12

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2013, 10:56
This is definitely making me nervous now that a 710 GMAT has been invited. I submitted well before the deadline early October. I wonder if they are going backwards in terms of when submitted? Did anyone log in to see if their status online changed before they received the invite? Just trying to figure out some type of pattern.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q V
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 22

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2013, 12:59
Not sure whether transcript should be in a sealed envelope. However, according to the email, I think it's not necessary. In fact, my university doesn't provide transcripts in sealed envelopes, so I have no other option

Original, hard-copy undergraduate academic documents, certified as official in original ink by your school, including:
* Transcript in the native language of your school's country, showing coursework and grades plus the exact degree awarded and its conferral date
* Degree certificate or diploma in the native language of your school's country, showing the exact degree awarded and its conferral date (if complete degree info is not on transcript)
* Translation of your entire transcript by a certified translator, if the native language of your school's country is not English
* Translation of your entire degree certificate by a certified translator, if the native language of your school's country is not English
* If applicable, transcripts for any graduate work that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider, especially if seeking to boost your English fluency profile
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 24

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2013, 21:30
mgh234 wrote:
That was quick, submitted 10/22 on deadline, got interview request last night.

Congrats! and all the best for the interview!
Manager
Manager

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2013, 21:32
reesespieces2521 wrote:
Hi Everyone. I received an interview invite last night as well. I submitted my app 6 hours before the deadline on Wednesday. Great to get the invitation, but am very surprised at the quick turnaround, considering my metrics aren't high.

Congratulations!!!

Thus the myth of applications being sorted by GMAT has been busted :?:
Manager
Manager

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2013, 21:34
SMA1206 wrote:
This is definitely making me nervous now that a 710 GMAT has been invited. I submitted well before the deadline early October. I wonder if they are going backwards in terms of when submitted? Did anyone log in to see if their status online changed before they received the invite? Just trying to figure out some type of pattern.

Stress is not our friend! No point looking for a pattern... What has to happen will happen!
Manager
Manager

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2013, 21:36
luisoc1985 wrote:
Not sure whether transcript should be in a sealed envelope. However, according to the email, I think it's not necessary. In fact, my university doesn't provide transcripts in sealed envelopes, so I have no other option

Original, hard-copy undergraduate academic documents, certified as official in original ink by your school, including:
* Transcript in the native language of your school's country, showing coursework and grades plus the exact degree awarded and its conferral date
* Degree certificate or diploma in the native language of your school's country, showing the exact degree awarded and its conferral date (if complete degree info is not on transcript)
* Translation of your entire transcript by a certified translator, if the native language of your school's country is not English
* Translation of your entire degree certificate by a certified translator, if the native language of your school's country is not English
* If applicable, transcripts for any graduate work that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider, especially if seeking to boost your English fluency profile

It is all about authenticity I guess.
Some universities do provide sealed envelopes. Doesn't hurt to have them unopened.
In other cases like the one above. since they do not provide it in sealed envelopes, I guess it has been "certified as official", which is good enough IMO.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE: Corporate Finance (Insurance)

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 8

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2013, 08:56
Hey guys
I got the interview invitation too,
but I wasn't able to get on a computer to schedule mine until now..
and the online Skype interview slots are all taken!!

Does anyone know whether I have to go for the on-campus interview
or they're going to open up more slots for the Skype interview or not?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.6

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 1

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2013, 09:38
Interview invite as well (Friday Evening). It does make sense that they process applications faster given there is only 1 rec and 1 essay this year
7 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 81 [7] , given: 30

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2013, 21:08
This post received
KUDOS
Going through the last year thread, this what I understood.

1. It's going to be a looong wait for some people
2. And again it's a very long process :)
2. There are no fixed date for interview invites. They keep sending the invites as and when they read the applications(they might group invites and send)
3. People interviewed in the month of November got their result on December 13th or so(provided they are admitted. No ding or wait-list results I think)
4. Another set of results came in on actual decision date. On this day, a lot of people that are not interviewed are put on waiting list.
5. Very quickly many people from that wait-list got the interview call and then some of them were eventually admitted.
6. Scholarship notifications are not sent with the decision. Admissions director personally called them and notified the same.

Best,
Prodizy

Last edited by prodizy on 27 Oct 2013, 21:24, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2013, 21:14
prodizy wrote:

1. It's going to be a looong wait for some people and it's a very long process.
2. There are no fixed date for interview invites. They keep sending the invites as and when they read the applications(they might group invites and send)
3. People interviewed in the month of November got their result on December 13th or so(provided they are admitted. No ding or waitlist results I think)
4. Another set of results came in on actual decision date. On this day lot of people that are not interviewed are put on waiting list.
5. Very quickly many people from that wait-list got the interview call and then some of them were eventually admitted.
6. Scholarship notifications are not sent with the decision. Admissions directory personally called them and notified the same.

Best,
Prodizy

Thanks for the information! At least we can be prepared...
Although it sounds like a long long process
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE: Web Development (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 34

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2013, 01:28
prodizy wrote:

3. People interviewed in the month of November got their result on December 13th or so(provided they are admitted. No ding or wait-list results I think)
4. Another set of results came in on actual decision date. On this day, a lot of people that are not interviewed are put on waiting list.
6. Scholarship notifications are not sent with the decision. Admissions director personally called them and notified the same.

Best,
Prodizy

Awesome stuff prodizy. This actually helps a lot. If not specifically, we can actually see how this generally goes.
2 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 81 [2] , given: 30

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2013, 01:35
This post received
KUDOS
nalin1 wrote:
prodizy wrote:

Best,
Prodizy

Awesome stuff prodizy. This actually helps a lot. If not specifically, we can actually see how this generally goes.

Hey Nalin1,

Thanks. The waiting game is killing me. So "spending time" like this :)

Best,
Prodizy
Intern
Intern

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2013, 01:37
prodizy wrote:
nalin1 wrote:
prodizy wrote:

Best,
Prodizy

Hey Nalin1,

Thanks. The waiting game is killing me. So "spending time" like this :)

Best,
Prodizy

Haha..yeah..this is the favorite pastime... :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.81
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2013, 03:09
Did you guys receive interview notifications via e-mail? Or by phone?
BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 30

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2013, 03:14
jthespartan wrote:

I don't think anyone received interview invites? Anyone?

Best,
Prodizy
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.81
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2013, 03:16
prodizy wrote:
jthespartan wrote:

Best,
Prodizy

Read the thread. MULTIPLE people have received invites.
Intern
Intern

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2013, 03:19
jthespartan wrote:

The people who are invited, got an email notification. No calls, nor any changes in the online application status.
BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 30

Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2013, 03:25
jthespartan wrote:
prodizy wrote:
jthespartan wrote:

Best,
Prodizy

Read the thread. MULTIPLE people have received invites.

Lol. I lost my mind. I thought I was posting on the Darden fourm. lol. sorry about that :)

Best,
Prodizy
Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 28 Oct 2013, 03:25