Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 12:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Anderson (UCLA): FEMBA Class of 2017 Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Anderson (UCLA): FEMBA Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2014, 01:20
I submitted my application in Round 2 and the status is still "Submitted". wonder why they have not announced the decision for this one. :( :(.. the wait is very frustrating!!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Anderson (UCLA): FEMBA Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2014, 09:40
I checked with the school this morning and said a lot of them are yet to receive the results and it is due by March 21st. Keeping fingers crossed!!
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 01-01-2014

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Anderson (UCLA): FEMBA Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2014, 12:31
Anyone who believes they got admitted with less than stellar numbers (GPA, GMAT, work experience) want to share those numbers and their app process post-submission?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Anderson (UCLA): FEMBA Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2014, 13:24
nevermoreflow wrote:
Anyone who believes they got admitted with less than stellar numbers (GPA, GMAT, work experience) want to share those numbers and their app process post-submission?

I'm waitlisted with a 660 GMAT and 2.9 GPA if that helps. 3 years work experience as an accountant with a promotion every year. I signed up for the wait list consultation and they told me to improve my GMAT score to 680+
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.48
WE: Corporate Finance (Entertainment and Sports)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 24

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Anderson (UCLA): FEMBA Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2014, 10:00
Admitted in R1 with a 640 GMAT....someone in R2 got admitted with a 610 GMAT
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 21

Re: Anderson (UCLA): FEMBA Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2014, 09:09
Has anyone heard any more since the last round of phone calls for R2 admits? I know the deadline is tomorrow, but was just curious. Best of luck to anyone still waiting!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Anderson (UCLA): FEMBA Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2014, 08:21
This post received
KUDOS
I received an admit finally after a loooooooooooong wait. I am a Round 2 applicant and got notified on 21st March. according to one of the email's that Dylan sent, I was the final Round 2 admit.
Intern
Intern

Re: Anderson (UCLA): FEMBA Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2014, 14:45
geetharajan wrote:
I received an admit finally after a loooooooooooong wait. I am a Round 2 applicant and got notified on 21st March. according to one of the email's that Dylan sent, I was the final Round 2 admit.

Congrats! What was your GMAT, GPA, etc if you don't mind sharing?
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.36
WE: Accounting (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [2] , given: 17

Re: Anderson (UCLA): FEMBA Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2014, 14:07
This post received
KUDOS
I'm a 2016er. Congrats to those that got in. Good luck to those that are still waiting. It's a long and greuling process. I applied round 1 last year and didn't get admitted until after the final round (5?). I overanalyzed the admissions process, in retrospect I should have just gone with the flow. If you're posting on the Anderson thread then you think you're good enough to get in and you'll be successful where ever you may go.

BTW, catch up on your sleep over the summer.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q V0
GPA: 3.25

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Anderson (UCLA): FEMBA Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2014, 13:34
Any Round 3 results out there yet?

Last edited by Conektid on 09 Apr 2014, 05:29, edited 1 time in total.
Expert Post
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 133

Kudos [?]: 844 [0], given: 824

Re: Anderson (UCLA): FEMBA Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2014, 22:25
Expert's post
Hello GMATCLUB Members,

GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting are conducting a webinar for the applicants got dinged this year. This is your opportunity to get expert guidance and build a smart strategy for the next application round/season. Webinar will be conducted by Admissionado's Founder and HBS Alum Jon Frank. Jon will share his suggestions followed by a Q&A session - this is your opportunity to ask your specific questions.

One lucky attendee will get the opportunity to have his/her (dinged) profile evaluated by Jon Frank during the session. If you'd like to be chosen for this opportunity, please email info@admissionado.com with the subject line "GMAT Club Webinar - Choose me!". Please include your name, nationality, age, GMAT score and a list of schools where you were dinged. And please also attach your essays + resume + LORs from one of your applications. Winner will be notified via email on April 16th!

Here are the details of Webinar

Title :- Dealing with a Ding
Day & Date :- Thursday, April 17, 2014
Time :- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
NOTE :- There are only 100 spots available, so sign up early!

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.

Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GPA: 3.64
WE: Law (Law)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 46

Re: Anderson (UCLA): FEMBA Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2014, 10:46
SOCALMBA2013 wrote:
Admitted in R1 with a 640 GMAT....someone in R2 got admitted with a 610 GMAT

That's great. Could you please share other stats for you and the other applicant from R2? I'm sure you both have other good factors going on. :)
Intern
Intern

Re: Anderson (UCLA): FEMBA Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2014, 17:17
Submitted my application last night before the R3 deadline. I applied with a GMAT score out of the 80% range, so I'm hoping the rest of my application sticks out, mainly my essays as I think that's will stand out the most.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Re: Anderson (UCLA): FEMBA Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2014, 07:06
Heard they had just over 200 interviews this past weekend, crazy.
Intern
Intern

Re: Anderson (UCLA): FEMBA Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2014, 13:23
Anyone else getting a little anxious to hear for round 3? Hoping for good news soon!

I had feedback on my waitlisted round 2 app and the main issue was my transition plans from the East Coast. I'm hoping my explanation was sufficient. I was told my app would go through the whole evaluation process again. I've also had some good academic updates.

Any guesses on the timing of the first round 3 calls? I'm hoping they start by the end of next week if not this week.
Based on what I've read previously, it looks like they tend to make the first calls on a Friday...
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Anderson (UCLA): FEMBA Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2014, 14:11
Conektid wrote:
Anyone else getting a little anxious to hear for round 3? Hoping for good news soon!

I had feedback on my waitlisted round 2 app and the main issue was my transition plans from the East Coast. I'm hoping my explanation was sufficient. I was told my app would go through the whole evaluation process again. I've also had some good academic updates.

Any guesses on the timing of the first round 3 calls? I'm hoping they start by the end of next week if not this week.
Based on what I've read previously, it looks like they tend to make the first calls on a Friday...

I am also a waitlisted round 2 applicant. They asked that I increase my GMAT because my undergrad GPA is low and something I can't change. I retook the test and emailed the adcom my new score and asked when they will make a decision. They said they could make decisions early May.

I wouldn't expect any decisions out by next week since the deadline for round 3 was only a week ago. I do think they might start the round 3 calls May 9.
Intern
Intern

Re: Anderson (UCLA): FEMBA Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2014, 15:36
PTMBAco2017 wrote:
Conektid wrote:

I am also a waitlisted round 2 applicant. They asked that I increase my GMAT because my undergrad GPA is low and something I can't change. I retook the test and emailed the adcom my new score and asked when they will make a decision. They said they could make decisions early May.

I wouldn't expect any decisions out by next week since the deadline for round 3 was only a week ago. I do think they might start the round 3 calls May 9.

That makes sense. Good to know. Thanks!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 15

Re: Anderson (UCLA): FEMBA Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 May 2014, 11:54
PTMBAco2017 wrote:
Conektid wrote:

Do you mind sharing your initial score btw?...
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 15

Re: Anderson (UCLA): FEMBA Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 May 2014, 11:57
PeacockNation wrote:

Yep, I was there and the registration list was large. I had an afternoon interview and as I walked in, others were walking out. It looked like they had EMBA and the FT MBA program there too. It was way too much going on with Bruin Day and interviews, etc. Im round 4
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.7
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Re: Anderson (UCLA): FEMBA Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 May 2014, 12:08
choni wrote:
PeacockNation wrote:

Yep, I was there and the registration list was large. I had an afternoon interview and as I walked in, others were walking out. It looked like they had EMBA and the FT MBA program there too. It was way too much going on with Bruin Day and interviews, etc. Im round 4

It was indeed largest interview day so far... Anderson rocks ! I am 2016 and can't say enough about their amazing FEMBA program ! Cheerio !
Re: Anderson (UCLA): FEMBA Class of 2017 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 01 May 2014, 12:08