Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 20:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Another do I have a chance post..thanks in advance

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Another do I have a chance post..thanks in advance [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2008, 19:42
This post received
KUDOS
I've lurked around the site for awhile and used the forums to help w/ OG & test/challenges. (thanks - I learned lots!) Unfortunately, I took the GMAT on wed and scored a 640. 40V and 37Q- below my past two MGMAT practice tests, due to a lower than normal quant score.

Should I retake or try to address w/ an essay.

I'm trying to get into GT, UNC, UT-Austin or Emory w/ 6 yrs work exp and a 3.0 GPA from a top engineering school.

Obviously, I'm bummed trying to use my $ most efficiently - thanks in advance
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Schools: Erb Institute: Ross | SNRE
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 167 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Another do I have a chance post..thanks in advance [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2008, 14:34
at this point, unless you have time to really study and retake it in the next couple weeks, it's best to focus on writing essays. those take a lot of time (for me, way more effort than studying for the gmat and i thought that was bad) and if you're aiming for round 2, that's about a month away. round 3 is not worth shooting for. you also need to give your recommenders enough time to write recs for you. if you don't get in this year, then retake the gmat next year and try again.

btw - this is my personal opinion...i am no admissions expert. good luck.

http://www.erb.umich.edu/
http://www.umsocialventure.com
post558169.html#558169 - a compilation of b-school interview questions
8-66345.html - my (detailed) gmat debrief

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Another do I have a chance post..thanks in advance   [#permalink] 24 Nov 2008, 14:34