Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 05:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Another MBA?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Another MBA

• 0% [0]
  • 100% [2]
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Another MBA? [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2012, 06:17
Hi,

I just immigrated from India to Canada. I did my MBA back there in India and was working as Equity research analyst with CRISIL (A S&P company).
Now the situation is that i am trying to find a job here (just 2 months i arrived) and trying to get an entry in bank or financial institution. Meanwhile i am also enrolled in CFA.

Should i go for another MBA? In two colleges full time MBA is just one year, my previous MBA was 2 years full time in India and was a decent college and got a good placement too. Would you recommend me to go through another MBA as after completing it i would be getting some placement assistance from the college and would be a bot easy to find a good job? Will my previous MBA be recognized here?

What other options can i explore?

Thanks
Sharad Singh
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 1

Re: Another MBA? [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2012, 08:00
Expert's post
I don't see any reason why your MBA from a good institute in India will not be recognized in Canada. You left your job in India to immigrate to Canada .How long you had been working in India?

You want to do another MBA only because it will help you get some placement assistance from college or because you feel it will equip you with some skills that will take you closer to your goal? You will need to be articulate about what is it that you want to do and then make about whether to do another MBA or continue with your job search.

MyEssayReview - A personalized and dedicated essay-review service
Email:poonam@myessayreview.com

Image Image Image

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Another MBA? [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2012, 08:12
Poonamtandon wrote:
I don't see any reason why your MBA from a good institute in India will not be recognized in Canada. You left your job in India to immigrate to Canada .How long you had been working in India?

You want to do another MBA only because it will help you get some placement assistance from college or because you feel it will equip you with some skills that will take you closer to your goal? You will need to be articulate about what is it that you want to do and then make about whether to do another MBA or continue with your job search.

Thank you for your reply. I worked there for 1.3 years full time and prior to that 1 year as a business development executive while i was doing MBA. Mane concern is the job, i got the degree, and i am searching for the jobs here. I have not got any good reply yet about the job, so was thinking, doing MBA for an year from a good college will do the trick for me. I dont want to do it personally, as I am already one. But it will help me with job hunting but i am not sure.
Re: Another MBA?   [#permalink] 17 Jul 2012, 08:12