I am a software engineer with abt 18 months of experience(till date) working in NJ.
I was initially planning to apply for the Fall2008 term NYU part time MBA program(Yeah... at my company's cost). But now I am thinking of trying to somehow squeeze in my app for the Spring 2008 term. Otherwise it would cost me a good 9 months.
This change of mind is after I figured I dont actually need a 750+ score in GMAT to get into a PT program. My GMAT preparation is going on for a whopping 8th day now
I am expecting 650+, but I cant zero in on a more specific range right now.
The +'s in my app would be
1. Good Acad performances in UnderGrad
2. M.S from an Ivy League University(Columbia U)(B+ equivalent GPA)
3. A great 1st year review at work(if at all it counts) and expecting good professional recos
4. I can make up some interesting stories abt a variety of crappy leadership roles in college(both columbia and UG)
I guess the -'s in my app would be
1. I am only 24.
2. I wont even have 2 years of experience by the time I send in my app
3. I am planning to take my GMAT early october, so I would be one of those late applicants for Spring.
Quite naturally, I dont want to apply for any other university. There is really no other alternative in the NJ/NY area.
My concern is "Am I rushing through this process", "Am I too early", "Do I even stand a chance considering the lack of experience in different roles?". And most importantly, Would I be reducing my chances of an admit in Fall 2008 if I get rejected in Spring 2008?
Your suggestions/inputs will be highly appreciated.