Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 08:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Any advice on what kind of study material will be useful

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Any advice on what kind of study material will be useful [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2004, 17:51
I have been in US since 1991- went to 4-yr university and currently working at a real estate finance company.

I have been preparing for GMAT since August of this year. I took my test yesterday, and got a very bad score- 580-. I could not believe my eyes since my prep test scores even in Kaplan ranged from 600-620. I never felt this bad in my life...maybe I have but cant recall anything that hurt this much. My dream is to go to UC Berkeley, and I will do anything to get in. Since August, I studied day and night- although my job is very demanding, some days I worked through midnight. last 2 weeks, I have been getting up early at 5am to study...and now..to see this score it is so discouraging.
I want to try to take GMAT again..at this point, I may barely make it on the 2 round of admissions.

But my question is...Should I take a online course from Manhattan GMAT, Kaplan, PR or just buy the study materials? I heard good things about Manhattan GMAT study guide and online class, but I cant wait 9 weeks.

I have bought the OG, and Kaplan book&CD's- but that is all I worked with...

Any suggestions are appreciated
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2004, 19:33
What is your split score? what is your weekness?
If it is verbal,
- SC: go for 885 questions (download from this club),
- RC: go for LSAT questions
- CR: OG, Kaplan 800 and others.

If it maths,
- Get a good basic math book (I took maths school books from my country)

General:
- Exhaust OG at any cost and spend more time in reviewing explanations (review expl for even the questions that you got correct)
- Course might be helpful; I have zero knowledge on those. Check GMAXonline review in this website. Manhattan also seems good.
- Participate in GMATClub actively.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 435 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2004, 19:40
Hi,

What is your strongest portion of the V section? What is your weakest section?

Please note that a 580 score following a practice score of 610 is quite consistent with the SEM of the test (of course this is being much too generous in assuming that the fake tests have the same pyschometric properties as the ETS exams).

Hjort
  [#permalink] 06 Oct 2004, 19:40