Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 01:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Any chances in IIM Ahmedabad PGPEX for a 640 score

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Any chances in IIM Ahmedabad PGPEX for a 640 score [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2008, 20:52
Hi ,
I am going to take the GMAT and the tests have shown that it's an average at around 620-660,Do you think there are any chances for me this year in the PGPEX programs in India.I have around 10years of work ex.
Let me know if you need any other info to respond to this.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 16 Aug 2004
Posts: 328
Location: India
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Any chances in IIM Ahmedabad PGPEX for a 640 score [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2008, 03:50
The average score for PGPex will be 730, but will also depend on the profile. If you have a great international experience, it will help. However, conservatively for PGPex, you should aim for a 700+ score.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Any chances in IIM Ahmedabad PGPEX for a 640 score [#permalink] New post 12 May 2008, 04:50
As I perfectly guessed..I got only 640.
Now does it make sense to apply in any of these (which I had opted for while taking the GMAT)
IIMA PGPEX
IIMC PGPEX
IIML PGPEX
ISB
Insead Fr
Embarrasing to ask the question but I am open to taking the GMAT again also.
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 May 2007
Posts: 2995
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 429 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
Re: Any chances in IIM Ahmedabad PGPEX for a 640 score [#permalink] New post 12 May 2008, 05:12
Ritesh I'd highly recommend retaking the GMAT if you are serious about IIMs - Unless you've got significant OVERSEAS experience that you can bring into the IIMs there is hardly any chance of getting in with a sub 700 score. IIMs are far too academic focused and the competition for spots is extremely tough.
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Posts: 509
Location: Kolkata
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 66

GMAT Tests User
Re: Any chances in IIM Ahmedabad PGPEX for a 640 score [#permalink] New post 12 May 2008, 05:27
i perfectly agree with bsd...For Isb itself cut off is 720 plus and even for IIMS....a definite 700 plus until and unless you are an exception....Someone like Newton :)
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 453
Schools: F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: Any chances in IIM Ahmedabad PGPEX for a 640 score [#permalink] New post 12 May 2008, 05:35
I would agree with BSD and Su.. 700 is table stakes at the any school which academically oriented. Both me and BSD are low 700's and we are giving it again. I know it suchs but you have time.
_________________

INSEAD Sept 2010 Interview Invite Nov 5, 2009 Admit & Matriculating
Wharton Sept 2010 Interview Invite Oct 30, 2009 Waitlisted & Ding
Harvard Sept 2010 Ding without Interview
Ivey May 2010 Interview Invite Nov 23, 2009 Admit + $$

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 May 2007
Posts: 2995
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 429 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
Re: Any chances in IIM Ahmedabad PGPEX for a 640 score [#permalink] New post 12 May 2008, 05:58
Haha you think newton would get a sub 700 score ?

I recently acquired a book 88 great MBA Application Strategies. It contained an appendix with the average gmat scores at various b-schools around the world in 2002. The highest GMAT score average in the world was not Stanford (716), not Harvard(705) not Wharton(711), but IIM-A at 735. This was six years ago in 2002, imagine 2008/9. GMAT score requirements, like petrol prices tend to go only in one direction.

Ritesh I dont want to discourage you, but just a little bit of a reality check.

Good luck.

suyashjhawar wrote:
i perfectly agree with bsd...For Isb itself cut off is 720 plus and even for IIMS....a definite 700 plus until and unless you are an exception....Someone like Newton :)
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 453
Schools: F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: Any chances in IIM Ahmedabad PGPEX for a 640 score [#permalink] New post 12 May 2008, 06:28
Is that book any good mate?

bsd_lover wrote:
Haha you think newton would get a sub 700 score ?

I recently acquired a book 88 great MBA Application Strategies. It contained an appendix with the average gmat scores at various b-schools around the world in 2002. The highest GMAT score average in the world was not Stanford (716), not Harvard(705) not Wharton(711), but IIM-A at 735. This was six years ago in 2002, imagine 2008/9. GMAT score requirements, like petrol prices tend to go only in one direction.

Ritesh I dont want to discourage you, but just a little bit of a reality check.

Good luck.

suyashjhawar wrote:
i perfectly agree with bsd...For Isb itself cut off is 720 plus and even for IIMS....a definite 700 plus until and unless you are an exception....Someone like Newton :)

_________________

INSEAD Sept 2010 Interview Invite Nov 5, 2009 Admit & Matriculating
Wharton Sept 2010 Interview Invite Oct 30, 2009 Waitlisted & Ding
Harvard Sept 2010 Ding without Interview
Ivey May 2010 Interview Invite Nov 23, 2009 Admit + $$

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 May 2007
Posts: 2995
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 429 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
Re: Any chances in IIM Ahmedabad PGPEX for a 640 score [#permalink] New post 12 May 2008, 06:33
I have actually purchased 6-7 books I'll do a full debrief after I read them. I'll only read them after my GMAT retake ... so for now we'll have to make do with bits an pieces of information that I catch while glancing through them :(

sm332 wrote:
Is that book any good mate?

bsd_lover wrote:
Haha you think newton would get a sub 700 score ?

I recently acquired a book 88 great MBA Application Strategies. It contained an appendix with the average gmat scores at various b-schools around the world in 2002. The highest GMAT score average in the world was not Stanford (716), not Harvard(705) not Wharton(711), but IIM-A at 735. This was six years ago in 2002, imagine 2008/9. GMAT score requirements, like petrol prices tend to go only in one direction.

Ritesh I dont want to discourage you, but just a little bit of a reality check.

Good luck.

suyashjhawar wrote:
i perfectly agree with bsd...For Isb itself cut off is 720 plus and even for IIMS....a definite 700 plus until and unless you are an exception....Someone like Newton :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Any chances in IIM Ahmedabad PGPEX for a 640 score [#permalink] New post 13 May 2008, 03:48
thank you all ...it's really a nice place to talk the people who can really help!!
I am wondering when can I take the GMAT last, to be able apply to ISB,IIMA,IIMC,IIML
please consider the time writing essays also
Re: Any chances in IIM Ahmedabad PGPEX for a 640 score   [#permalink] 13 May 2008, 03:48
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic Eligible for PGPex from IIM-A or IIM-C ? a sajidshahi 1 14 May 2014, 02:13
4 iim ahmedabad or rotman or schulich rishu19 16 18 Feb 2013, 03:44
IIM Ahmedabad, India vsaxenaGMAT 8 29 Jun 2007, 11:44
IIM C PGPEX 2007 anybody? gauravgoyal_g 2 16 May 2007, 03:49
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Any chances in IIM Ahmedabad PGPEX for a 640 score

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: m3equals333, TGC



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.