Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 06:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Any cost effective admission consulting solution?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V26
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Programming (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 9

Reviews Badge
Any cost effective admission consulting solution? [#permalink] New post 18 Aug 2012, 04:24
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi All,

Good to see so many Admission consultants here on this forum. But frankly speaking the charges are still exorbitant when translated to my local currency. In fact a single school package costs me around 4 months of salary. So what what I am looking for is a cost effective essay editing service which has at least minimum reputation of not doing plagiarism. Can someone suggest any such reliable consultants? Also did anyone hear about gateway2mba dot com? How reliable are they and how good is their work?

Any feedback will surely help me in choosing a good option for my essay edits.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 24

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 9

Re: Any cost effective admission consulting solution? [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2012, 22:17
Santu,

The top bschools are looking for genuine candidates with credible stories & accomplishments. However, in the desperate race to get into a good school, candidates (either independently or with consultants) resort to unethical methods that can have serious implications.

Read why UCLA Anderson rejected over 50 MBA applications in the last season.

If you can't find a good and affordable consultant (as with any other service, word-of-mouth referrals work best), then the best approach is to manage the application on your own and then get those apps reviewed by someone you can trust, before you submit them.

A few options that you could consider:

1. Check out the Free essay review service offered by GMAT Club.

2. Reach out to current students or alumni of schools that you are interested in. They might be able to give you perspectives for their alma mater that are available on the official websites.

3. Get a few trust-worthy colleagues (who are familiar with international MBA application processes) to review your essays.

4. Ditto for interview practice. Get a few mock-interviews done before D-day.

There are pros and cons of the approach. But all this can be done for free and 100% of the content is your own (as opposed to being re-used from other applications). Plus, as you are working with knowledgeable folks you trust, the chances of drifting into the grey zone is reduced.

Good luck, buddy.

Sameer Kamat | Founder - MBA Crystal Ball | Email: info at mbacrystalball dot com

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

Re: Any cost effective admission consulting solution? [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2012, 21:37
Expert's post
You may want to try myessayreview -a highly affordable, dedicated, and personalized essay- review service that charges only $ 499 for one school package which includes free feedback ( oral only) of your resume, one review of two recommendations letters, and up to four comprehensive critiques/ edits on your essays.

For more details on my services, check out the following links :

ask-my-essay-review-137723.html
http://gmatclub.com/blog/courses/myessayreview-discount
http://gmatclub.com/marketplace/myessay ... count.html

You may also email me at poonam@myessayreview.com

MyEssayReview - A personalized and dedicated essay-review service
Email:poonam@myessayreview.com

Image Image Image

Expert Post
MBA Prep School President & Co-Founder

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Any cost effective admission consulting solution? [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2012, 22:42
Expert's post
Santu -- sorry for the late response; only just saw this post. In addition to the great advice provided by Sameer from MBA Crystal Ball, you might find MBA Prep School's online "virtual consultant" tools to be useful and affordable. We provide a step-by-step methodology for building great MBA applications, supported by videos, examples, tools, templates, and twice-monthly group coaching calls. Our monthly subscription is a fraction of the normal private coaching fees -- if you are so inclined, you can learn more at our site

Please also note that thanks to our special relationship with GMAT Club, you and all other GMAT Club members get a significant discount off your first month's enrollment by using/applying the discount code GMATCLUB (one word, no spaces) on the /season-pass/ page on our site.

If you have questions about our tools, feel free to email me chris [at] mbaprepschool [dot] com

Regardless, certainly look at the free tools/advice that Sameer is pointing you towards ... and best wishes for a successful MBA application campaign!

Cheers, Chris

If you find my response/post useful then please give it kudos!

Chris Aitken
Co-Founder
MBA Prep School
San Francisco, CA

Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 496 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Any cost effective admission consulting solution? [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2012, 00:00
Expert's post
The most cost-effective solution is the one that gets you into the best school, because you will see returns in the years to come sooooo far beyond your initial investment, that the expense, however great it seems now, will later only seem laughable.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Prep School President & Co-Founder

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 1

Re: Any cost effective admission consulting solution? [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2012, 00:48
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi Jon -- completely agree with your sentiment that the investments applicants make in GMAT prep and application assistance are small relative to the cost of attending school and the typical returns over the life/career of the MBA graduate.

However I don't think that changes the reality for many potential candidates out there, such as the original poster -- many simply cannot afford the investment required for private one-on-one coaching services from the US-based admissions consulting firms like yours or mine. The original poster is -- I'm guessing -- asking for legitimate alternatives to help those who simply cannot afford the investment.

Cheers, Chris

If you find my response/post useful then please give it kudos!

Chris Aitken
Co-Founder
MBA Prep School
San Francisco, CA

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V26
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Programming (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 9

Reviews Badge
Re: Any cost effective admission consulting solution? [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2012, 08:19
MBAPrepSchoolChris wrote:
Hi Jon -- completely agree with your sentiment that the investments applicants make in GMAT prep and application assistance are small relative to the cost of attending school and the typical returns over the life/career of the MBA graduate.

However I don't think that changes the reality for many potential candidates out there, such as the original poster -- many simply cannot afford the investment required for private one-on-one coaching services from the US-based admissions consulting firms like yours or mine. The original poster is -- I'm guessing -- asking for legitimate alternatives to help those who simply cannot afford the investment.

Cheers, Chris
You are correct Chris. No matter how high the returns of an MBA could be, the challenges candidates like me face are to take these first few steps itself. Imagine the hardship one has to go through if his/her earnings when converted to USD is a meager 1000-1500 per month and a host of monthly commitments are there to take care of.
Generous and brilliant members of this forum are always helpful and I certainly benefited from the suggestions provided by Sameer. I am sincerely thankful to everyone on this forum.
Re: Any cost effective admission consulting solution?   [#permalink] 14 Sep 2012, 08:19