Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 13:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Any good MBA schools in Germany?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Any good MBA schools in Germany? [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2013, 07:03
Do your initial research on the requirements for mba, if you have a business degree you can also do an msc which is as good as mba here in germany, so just find out the entry requirements of good business schools and then contact them, they are more than looking to help all the time coz they want more students. I am at HHL at the moment
prithwish1989 wrote:
Hi,

I am Prithwish. I want to do an MBA from a business school in Germany. Kindly evaluate my profile.

My profile details:

Xth- 89.6%
XIIth- 80.5%
Graduation (B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering)- 81.0%

TOEFL: Scheduled on Nov 17, 2013
GMAT: Scheduled on Nov 30, 2013

Professional Experience: 19 months (at Tata Consultancy Services as of October 2013)

Knowledge of German: Completed A1 level. Starting A2 in January 2014. If I am going to join a course from fall 2014 I will have finished my B1 by that time. Also I intend to continue learning German once I am there.

My primary concern is are colleges going to consider my application as I will have around 22 months of WE when I apply. By the time I join it will be over 2 years.

Could you please help me in shortlisting colleges (I intend to apply for 5) and what sort of target score I should have for GMAT and TOEFL.

I need to know what are the sort of job opportunities on offer after completion of the course. Also what sort of GMAT score is required for obtaining a scholarship.

Final question of mine is regarding Visa issues. I have heard from various people that obtaining a work visa in Europe is tough. I intend to work in Europe for a few years before I come back to India. So I need to be sure that I can get a job as well as a visa to stay and work there.

Thanks in advance for any clarification regarding my queries.

Thanks,
Prithwish Sarkar
Calcutta, India
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: Any good MBA schools in Germany? [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2013, 10:27
toughnut,

Thanks for the reply. I am almost sure about going to Germany for the MBA. I will also contact the colleges regarding the queries I have. However if you can help me out about a couple of questions it will help me a lot.

1. What is the job market now in Germany after completing the MBA? (given I complete B1 or B2 level in German language by the time I finish)

2. Most of the schools are asking for 2 years experience. My 2 years complete in 2014 March. So when I apply I will not have 2 years experience but it will be there when I start the program. However Mannheim asks for 3 years WE. Will they not even consider my application if it is less than 3 years?

Thanks,
Prithwish
Intern
Intern

Re: Any good MBA schools in Germany? [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2013, 13:33
Dont worry, HHL and WHU should accept that experience, I am not sure about mannheim, why dont you write to them, these people reply very fast and the best way to get info from them is to email them or call them. Talking about jobs, my sincere suggestion to you is, learn german, if possible learn everything while you are in India so that you can just practice it while you are here, If you know the language, you can get the best of consulting and management jobs
prithwish1989 wrote:
toughnut,

Thanks for the reply. I am almost sure about going to Germany for the MBA. I will also contact the colleges regarding the queries I have. However if you can help me out about a couple of questions it will help me a lot.

1. What is the job market now in Germany after completing the MBA? (given I complete B1 or B2 level in German language by the time I finish)

2. Most of the schools are asking for 2 years experience. My 2 years complete in 2014 March. So when I apply I will not have 2 years experience but it will be there when I start the program. However Mannheim asks for 3 years WE. Will they not even consider my application if it is less than 3 years?

Thanks,
Prithwish
Re: Any good MBA schools in Germany?   [#permalink] 16 Oct 2013, 13:33