Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 14:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Any ideas about a motivation letter for an internship ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 38

Any ideas about a motivation letter for an internship ? [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 07:41
So, I am a first year student and I would like to do a summer internship at a bank.
The problem is that, as I am a first year student, I don`t have any previous internships or work experience whatsoever.
What do you think I should include in my motivation letter ? I am double majoring in economics and business administration, I have a perfect GPA after my first semester. Should I include career goals or maybe indications that I know about the bank, its history and goals ?
VP
VP
Schools: NYU Stern 2009
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 218 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Any ideas about a motivation letter for an internship ? [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 19:23
Are you doing an MBA or are you an undergrad?

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Any ideas about a motivation letter for an internship ? [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2011, 02:24
undergrad ;]
VP
VP
Schools: NYU Stern 2009
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 218 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Any ideas about a motivation letter for an internship ? [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2011, 06:00
In which case they don't expect much from you. Being keen, displaying a solid interest and not being concerned about being worked like a dog for the summer.

I think for a few years they will consider you with no experience. You should find a list of the banks and apply to their summer analyst programs. You are probably a bit late this year, at least for the bigger banks. Try the boutiques or any network you have for this summer.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Any ideas about a motivation letter for an internship ? [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2011, 08:12
Yeah, thank you.
I wonder how people go to Work&Travel programs in the States or in the UK to make some miserable money without thinking about their future and doing internships
Re: Any ideas about a motivation letter for an internship ?   [#permalink] 26 Mar 2011, 08:12