Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 01:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Any IMD Applicants for 2011

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Any IMD Applicants for 2011 [#permalink] New post 04 May 2010, 23:46
thank you consagain and all the very best to the rest of you still awaiting the decision.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 513
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Any IMD Applicants for 2011 [#permalink] New post 05 May 2010, 03:01
IMD does offer very detailed feedback if you get rejected. Shibu, it will be great if you get ask for their advice early on. May help you towards your future application. Also you have a great profile so it will be great to know what their reasons are.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2009
Posts: 71
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: Any IMD Applicants for 2011 [#permalink] New post 05 May 2010, 03:03
bhatiagp wrote:
IMD does offer very detailed feedback if you get rejected. Shibu, it will be great if you get ask for their advice early on. May help you towards your future application. Also you have a great profile so it will be great to know what their reasons are.


I agree. Shibu, you should ask IMD for a feedback. have they asked you to reapply?

all the best for all who are waiting to hear from them.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 64
Schools: Columbia(RD-ding w/o int),
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Any IMD Applicants for 2011 [#permalink] New post 05 May 2010, 08:44
shibutharakan wrote:
Got dinged......recieved the mail yesterday........no reasons given........just the normal B school reject!! Now on to INSEAD.......R2


sorry to hear that shibu. Good luck on INSEAD.
i still have not heard anything from IMD.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 May 2010
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Any IMD Applicants for 2011 [#permalink] New post 05 May 2010, 09:38
Shibutharakan. sorry to hear that... best of lucks with INSEAD.
Consagain & smashzone. the 6 weeks end on may 13th, so until then keep your hopes up!!!
anyone interviewing on the 28th of may?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Any IMD Applicants for 2011 [#permalink] New post 05 May 2010, 22:00
Thanks guys for all your wishes.........I did mail IMD yesterday, since I had also heard that they provide feedback....just another piece of advice to the ones waiting for the results - try calling up the admissions office and checking.......I had called them a couple of times post which they promised me to get back at the earliest....
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Posts: 14
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Any IMD Applicants for 2011 [#permalink] New post 06 May 2010, 19:39
any comrades still hanging on for r2?

Posted from my mobile device Image
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Re: Any IMD Applicants for 2011 [#permalink] New post 06 May 2010, 19:54
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hi everyone

Just recieved word I was selected for the interview round too... will be attending on the 20th in Singapore.

Anyone else going to be in Singapore around the same time?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Posts: 14
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Any IMD Applicants for 2011 [#permalink] New post 06 May 2010, 21:10
hi crezence..congratulations..did u get a telephone call ?and if i may ask..when?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Any IMD Applicants for 2011 [#permalink] New post 06 May 2010, 22:15
Nope just an email in my inbox, came in the night so I saw it when I was checking my mail in the morning.

How about everyone else?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 35
Location: London
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Any IMD Applicants for 2011 [#permalink] New post 07 May 2010, 02:03
I am still waiting to hear from adcom. Applied in R2.

All the best to guys waiting or interviewing.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 35
Location: London
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Any IMD Applicants for 2011 [#permalink] New post 07 May 2010, 08:07
avatar2010 wrote:
I am still waiting to hear from adcom. Applied in R2.

All the best to guys waiting or interviewing.


Guys, just got the rejection from IMD via email. Will ask them for detailed feedback.

All the best to everyone
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Any IMD Applicants for 2011 [#permalink] New post 07 May 2010, 09:20
Tried for feedback but no luck - feedback only for interview rejects is what I have been told.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2009
Posts: 71
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: Any IMD Applicants for 2011 [#permalink] New post 10 May 2010, 23:29
Crezence wrote:
Hi everyone

Just recieved word I was selected for the interview round too... will be attending on the 20th in Singapore.

Anyone else going to be in Singapore around the same time?


Hey Crezence,

How are you preparing for the interview? i am doing mine on 18th in Lausanne.
You are also waiting to hear back from INSEAD right?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 30 Jun 2009
Posts: 7
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Schools: Insead, R1 D'11 Admitted; IMD, Interviewed
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Any IMD Applicants for 2011 [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 00:50
Hi guys,
I have inteview date as 1st of June in Lausanne. I am trying to arrange trip details.

Do you have any suggestions for hotel? At which hotel do you plan to stay ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Any IMD Applicants for 2011 [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 02:15
ramanathanblue wrote:
Crezence wrote:
Hi everyone

Just recieved word I was selected for the interview round too... will be attending on the 20th in Singapore.

Anyone else going to be in Singapore around the same time?


Hey Crezence,

How are you preparing for the interview? i am doing mine on 18th in Lausanne.
You are also waiting to hear back from INSEAD right?


I guess its going to be mostly going through the business case and picking out discussion points, abit like how you'd prepare for a case interview

I think the presentation is something you cant really prepare for... so just keep up on current events and general knowledge I guess

oh and just going through my application till I know it back to front as well.

Anyone have any thoughts on how else to best prepare for it?

Yeah waiting on INSEAD as well... that one should be by the end of the month... *fingers crossed*

ramanathanblue -> you're waiting on them too right?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2009
Posts: 71
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: Any IMD Applicants for 2011 [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 02:57
Crezence wrote:
ramanathanblue wrote:
Crezence wrote:
Hi everyone

Just recieved word I was selected for the interview round too... will be attending on the 20th in Singapore.

Anyone else going to be in Singapore around the same time?


Hey Crezence,

How are you preparing for the interview? i am doing mine on 18th in Lausanne.
You are also waiting to hear back from INSEAD right?


I guess its going to be mostly going through the business case and picking out discussion points, abit like how you'd prepare for a case interview

I think the presentation is something you cant really prepare for... so just keep up on current events and general knowledge I guess

oh and just going through my application till I know it back to front as well.

Anyone have any thoughts on how else to best prepare for it?

Yeah waiting on INSEAD as well... that one should be by the end of the month... *fingers crossed*

ramanathanblue -> you're waiting on them too right?



Yes Crezence: I am waiting for it. Keeping my fingers crossed. Everything went very fine till now.

For IMD, I got my case study and have been reading it through and researching on it.
Have to still go through my application thoroughly.
Do you have any idea about the one on one interview? Apart from the typical ones, do they ask any out of the box questions?
You are right, we cant prepare much for the impromptu, but since I am not from business background and never done case studies before, I am trying to get a hang of them now. I have a long way to go to understand how cases are cracked.

Others and R1 admits, any other thoughts on how one can prepare for the IMD interview?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Any IMD Applicants for 2011 [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 09:13
Congrats to all invited to the interview. I have only one piece of advice (and although I've been admitted I have only my experience to speak from): sure, you should prepare but don't overengineer it! Just be yourselves, that's what will really count.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2009
Posts: 71
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: Any IMD Applicants for 2011 [#permalink] New post 19 May 2010, 04:22
nlka wrote:
Congrats to all invited to the interview. I have only one piece of advice (and although I've been admitted I have only my experience to speak from): sure, you should prepare but don't overengineer it! Just be yourselves, that's what will really count.



Guys, all the best for all the applicants going for the interview.
I had mine yesterday. I must say it was a very interesting experience at IMD.

I had 7 other applicants with me and it was lot of fun meeting them. The whole day was concentrated on how best we all could work as a team.
First, we were met by the admissions staff, and she gave us an outline of the day.
and also took us around the campus. Its a beautiful campus, right in front of the mountains and lake.
Next, we were given the topic for the impromtu presentation and transperencies to prepare for the 5 min presentation. time given was 30 mins.
after this I had my one on one interview, it went on for 1 hour.
My interviewer was interested to know me more as a person, my accomplishments, my strengths weaknesses, about my work etc. It was not stressful but a nice chat.
after this, we had to present our impromtu presentation. This was done in front of other applicants. so one by one we took our turn and presented what we had prepared earlier that morning. it was strictly for 5 mins, after which we had to stop.
after this was the best part of the day - lunch. each one us had a host student having lunch with us. IMD really took efforts that each one of us had a host from our nation. All the hype about the IMD lunch is not a hoax. You really have to eat there to believe it. There was an amazing variety of food, and the dessert buffet was again amazing. there is an ice cream stall too in summer. I was really impressed by this lunch concept at IMD. There are fresh fruits always available in the class rooms.
post lunch we discussed the case study that was sent to all of us 2 weeks before the interview day. Again, it was a nice discussion, a chance for them to see how well we can work in groups.
at the end of the day, we were shown some videos of a professors class. it was very interesting.
I have attended a special lecture at INSEAD and now saw these recorded videos at IMD. My opinion is that IMD's quality was way higher than INSEAD. its a smaller class, and profs give more attention to you. he knows everyone by name and background, unlike in INSEAD where there were more than 250 students in the auditorium , and i was sitting in the last rows and could hardly see the prof, or would find it difficult to ask a question in front of such a huge group.

So guys, now I am keeping my fingers crossed.
If anyone needs any more info, please do pm me. Ill be more than happy to help you!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2009
Posts: 71
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: Any IMD Applicants for 2011 [#permalink] New post 24 May 2010, 23:53
Crezence wrote:
Nope just an email in my inbox, came in the night so I saw it when I was checking my mail in the morning.

How about everyone else?


hey crezence, how was ur interview? Did it go well?
WHats your impression about the school?
Re: Any IMD Applicants for 2011   [#permalink] 24 May 2010, 23:53
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
10 Any IMD Applicants for 2011 bhatiagp 222 02 Feb 2010, 02:11
58 IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants iamgame 415 21 Dec 2011, 08:52
17 Experts publish their posts in the topic IMD 2012 - Calling All Applicants birdy76 254 03 Feb 2011, 18:46
1 Any UW Foster 2011 applicants out there? ktbbug 70 10 Dec 2010, 10:41
IMD application essay topics nileblitz 1 19 Feb 2007, 02:41
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Any IMD Applicants for 2011

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12    Next  [ 223 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.