Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:46 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Schools:Cambridge (R2-Matriculating), Nyenrode (Accepted), Oxford (R2-Interview invite)
 Q46  V41
WE 1: Army officer (Corps of Engineers)
WE 2: Air Quality Control Engineer
WE 3: Water Resources Engineer
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:IMD, INSEAD
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: Any IMD Applicants for 2011 [#permalink]
jst received the ding letter from IMD. good luck to the remaining candidates.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sorry to hear that raahviemba2011. Good luck for any other schools you applied to.

I think it is just me and subhaska788 on this forum, still waiting for an answer from IMD.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got the ding email in the morning. Good Luck to any remaining applicants for Rd 3.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I just applied in R4...anybody else?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
Schools:IMD, HEC
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Submitted my application few minutes ago- R4. Wait begins...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any updates from round 4 applicants?
I'm wondering if the last round (sept 1) is worth a shot. Any suggestions? Anyone??
shamil623 wrote:
Submitted my application few minutes ago- R4. Wait begins...
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Pixie wrote:
Any updates from round 4 applicants?
I'm wondering if the last round (sept 1) is worth a shot. Any suggestions? Anyone??

Not sure about last round. If IMD is your first choice than why not try..?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

I applied in round 3, got interview call back in June, but couldn't make the July round as I was on holiday. I am now going in for the assessment day on Friday 13 August and really looking forward to it....and a bit scared, but more nervous excitement I think. I'd welcome any comments and/or advice, the comments made up to this point have been great and really helpful. I'm 33 M, Canadian living in the UK, 7 years experience, currently working in Healthcare, got 710 on my GMAT.

Cheers, look forward to hearing from you/chatting/helping if I can.

All the best...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
how hard it is to get in?my gpa (2.92) is a bit low... anyone know if that is too low to apply?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
shaselai wrote:
how hard it is to get in?my gpa (2.92) is a bit low... anyone know if that is too low to apply?

Hi shaselai

Competition for places is tough. But I feel that since IMD looks more at your work experience as opposed to just the academics it shouldnt be that much an emphasis.

That being said, the average GMAT score is still around 700.

Personally, I got accepted with a 2nd class lower honours (approx 2.8-2.9 GPA), 2.7 for a postgrad masters and 710 on my GMAT.

Hope that helps
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Crezence wrote:
shaselai wrote:

Hi shaselai

Competition for places is tough. But I feel that since IMD looks more at your work experience as opposed to just the academics it shouldnt be that much an emphasis.

That being said, the average GMAT score is still around 700.

Personally, I got accepted with a 2nd class lower honours (approx 2.8-2.9 GPA), 2.7 for a postgrad masters and 710 on my GMAT.

Hope that helps

nice! how much work experience did you have? mine is ~6 years but i dont have a leadership role though...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shaselai wrote:

hi shaselai. IMD does not focus on gpa's or GMAT scores. they look for leadership potential and a background/experience that will benefit the class. that said, the program is very demanding so they try to see that you can cope with it so if you have a low gpa or GMAT try to find other things in your story that show how you have the academic credentials (good GMAT balances a bad gpa for example).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BigRedEnvEng wrote:
Hi all,

First congrats to those who have been admitted and good luck to those who have been invited to interview or waiting to hear from IMD.

I realize that some of you are still waiting with bated breath to hear from IMD, so I apologize to be jumping in here like this, but I'm considering IMD for the January 2012 intake and was hoping to get some advice from you all.

I definitely want to visit a school before I decide whether I want to go there or not, but I'm not sure whether I should visit then apply or apply and then, if selected for an interview, visit. My concern is that all the schools to which I plan to apply are in Europe and I live in the US, so I'm trying to be as efficient as possible with my vacation time and money.

Pros of visiting first:
- If I visit somewhere and don't like it, I can save myself the pain of applying and potential future interview trip costs
- I can get a better feel for the schools and programs, which will help me focus myself to the schools on the applications.

Cons of visiting first
- If I take a trip in November and then have to go back for interview trip(s), it's added expense and more vacation time that I would need to take from work
- Since I can't go before November due to work requirements, I would be traveling during application season (at least for Cambridge/Oxford), which I realize could be very stressful.

I would also appreciate any information about IMD. All I know is what I've read in this forum and on the website. What I've seen on the website I like, but I'm not sure that the industry focus is right for me. I'm looking to go into beyond for profit or social entrepreneurship in the energy / environmental sector.

I would appreciate any insight you all might have. Thanks!!

Hi BigRedEnvEng,
i think the best thing is of course to visit the schools. That gives you a feeling of where you’d be spending a whole year (some people care a lot about the campus and facilities) and i think most importantly, it helps you to get a somehow more deep perception of what the school is all about and the quality of its students if you get to catch a live class.
In my case, i am based in South America so i didn’t do the visiting mainly for economic reasons, it helped though that i only applied to 2 schools: LBS and IMD; but if you have the money i would sure recommend it.
On your question about IMD, the pride of the school and the thing by which most alumni feel it was absolutely worth it is its personal development program. They really excel in that and at the end, apart from the usual functional knowledge in finance, marketing etc, what you get is a personal change and development to become a leader. Haven’t done it yet (2011 class =) ) but did a thorough research plus that’s what i got from my visit and talk with alumni and since you’re looking for things you don’t easily find on the website, there goes my 10 cents. And yes, it is much more focused into industry than other top schools but that doesnt mean you can’t come from other backgrounds (there are consultants, private equity , you name it) or go to other industry (i.e all the major consultant companies recruit there)
Hope that helps and good luck!
Intern
Intern
Schools:IE
WE 1: IT Consultancy
WE 2: Public Gov Sector
Send PM
Hi BigRedEnvEng, same here i am looking for 2012 intake as well, probably we can start a new thread to talk about it

Hi fgar, how about an IT applicant? I know my area is rare in MBA family, considering most of you coming from IB, finance etc etc. Do you think IMD is good for IT engineer or architect?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
leafsfan wrote:
Hi all,

I applied in round 3, got interview call back in June, but couldn't make the July round as I was on holiday. I am now going in for the assessment day on Friday 13 August and really looking forward to it....and a bit scared, but more nervous excitement I think. I'd welcome any comments and/or advice, the comments made up to this point have been great and really helpful. I'm 33 M, Canadian living in the UK, 7 years experience, currently working in Healthcare, got 710 on my GMAT.

Cheers, look forward to hearing from you/chatting/helping if I can.

All the best...

Hi Leafsfan, how was the assessment day? It would be great if you could share some insights. I applied in Rd4 and am in the 4-6 week wait period to find out about interviews.

31 F, Canadian in Switzerland, 8 WE, CA Big4 Exp, now Financial Controller, GMAT 680
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello, has anyone who applied for IMD's 1st August 2010 deadline received an interview invite?
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V38
Send PM
zakhan wrote:
Hello, has anyone who applied for IMD's 1st August 2010 deadline received an interview invite?

nothing yet
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts