Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:19 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:IMD 2011 - admitted
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Intl Business, stratagy and entreperneurship
Schools:Sloan, Cornell, Insead and IMD
 Q48  V38
GPA: 78
Send PM
Re: Any IMD Applicants for 2011 [#permalink]
I didnt mention long term goals at all.... but none of us got accepted yet....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: International Business
Schools:Attending IE Nov 2010
 Q46  V44
WE 1: 11 years int'l work experience
Send PM
Woot! - Got an interview invite to IMD today. My heart stopped when I saw a missed call on my cell phone from country code +41, but they sent me an e-mail when they couldn't reach me to set up the interview.
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V38
Send PM
Jones105 wrote:
Woot! - Got an interview invite to IMD today. My heart stopped when I saw a missed call on my cell phone from country code +41, but they sent me an e-mail when they couldn't reach me to set up the interview.

Congrats!! which dates did they offer you?
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools:INSEAD- D '11 Class
Send PM
HJL wrote:
Hi JZ,

Im booking hotels as I type! IMD sent a list of local hotels with IMD visitor rates along with the interview confirmation. I also had the same as knfevg - sent the case study about 2 weeks before the interview date.

As for preparing for the interview usual stuff I guess - Im reviewing my application/CV etc for the one-to-one interview, I read the case study a few days ago but now just letting in settle in my mind for a few days before going back to it. I dont think its possible to prepare for the impromptu presentation so just sitting tight and looking forward to the experience! its very different from the interview processes at the other programs Ive applied for! Ive also heard the same about the food from an IMD alumi!!!

Background info is European M/Eng degree GPA 3.82/GMAT 760/ 4 years int exp in oil & gas and currently working in the Middle East.

All the best for those with interviews and hope the invites start flowing for those waiting to hear :-)

Hi, HJL.

Thanks for your respone and best of luck on your upcoming interview. :-)
JZ
Send PM
arinacom wrote:
Congrats to all those with invites and good luck to others.

I am another R2 applicant. IMD is a great school. I like the small size class. Had been to their information sessions and have spoken to some alumni. Seems a fascinating school.

Would appreciate if R1 candidates could please provide some insights about essays, especially about

Essay 1: Two situations of importance to you

-> Did you guys talk about your goals (long term, career vision etc)? your aspirations? or something else? I am bit confused about what should I focus on here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Essay 7: If you are not admitted, what alternatives will you consider?
-> Do you guys stress on re-applying or talk about other ways of achieving your goals?

Keen to get some pointers here.

Thanks,

Hi
As for the situations of importance I wrote about the two past situations that changed the development of my career or my life as a whole. I focused on how I reacted to the circumstances and how decisions taken helped me to achieve my goals.
In the 'alternatives' essay, I agree with knfevg, it's important that your response completes logically everything you wrote in previous essays. If going for MBA is the only best way for you to get what you want, then re-application is the right answer :).

Thanks knfevg and arinacom for useful comments. It certainly helps.

At the risk of sounding stupid or careless let me ask you this. I did not find any essay about long-term. Basically how do you communicate your career vision to the adcom. I understand that there is one application part about short-term (5 years after graduation), but haven't seen anything specific to long term.

I haven't given any info about my background. I have been working in Technology industry for past 8 yrs. Work experience varies from working in MNCs such as GE, getting Six Sigma certified to having done my own tech-startup as co-founder and Director in collaboration with US partner. Had set-up company from ground zero, built team, set-up operations, led team towards successful launch of products, conducted press releases
(https://infotech.indiatimes.com/articles ... stry-1.cms
https://www.business-standard.com/india/ ... ono=221235
https://newsblaze.com/story/200509150530 ... story.html
)
Suffered financial setback in tough times. Moved onto another start-up in similar role, introduced new processes, secured new clients and build products and managed teams. All this while, I developed enormous interest as an entrepreneur and in new product development within IT sector . Decided to pursue MBA to help me build an overall skill set that would help me to not only define product roadmaps and vision but also would provide me tools and skillsets for becoming a successful entrepreneur in the long run. Finally, moved to London to gain international experience before taking a plunge for MBA. Currently working in managerial role leading various teams in London.

IMD has been one of my target schools and the entire program gels so well with my interest. I have been investigating about school for almost an year now.

At the same time I understand that I come from the biggest common pool of IT applicants. However, still optimistic about highlighting my various leadership roles and my entrepreneurial background.

Any thoughts/suggestions/comments are most welcome. Right now, gearing up to finish my application on time.

All the best for folks with interview invites.

Could other R2 applications share their profiles?

Hi, I think that the differentiator essay really gives you a great oppourtunity to set yourself apart from your peers. Also the optional essay is another chance to tell the admins about you. Good luck on your IMD application.

JZ
Send PM
Jones105 wrote:

Congratulations! That's such great news. After reading about the dings that are going out, I was begin to worry that there is no more hope but then I read your post. Thanks for giving me hope. :-) Best of luck on your interview. Will you interview on campus or in Spore? S

JZ
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V38
Send PM
JZHANG2008 wrote:
Jones105 wrote:

Congratulations! That's such great news. After reading about the dings that are going out, I was begin to worry that there is no more hope but then I read your post. Thanks for giving me hope. :-) Best of luck on your interview. Will you interview on campus or in Spore? S

JZ

Where did you hear about dings from IMD?
Send PM
knfevg wrote:
JZHANG2008 wrote:
Jones105 wrote:

JZ

Where did you hear about dings from IMD?

Hi. In the BW IMD Jan 2011 thread. https://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/fo ... &tid=83754. Two more got dinged this morning. :shock:

JZ
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Concentration: International Business
Schools:Attending IE Nov 2010
 Q46  V44
WE 1: 11 years int'l work experience
Send PM
They offered Mar 23 or 26 in Lausanne, but I was already going to be in Europe on biz this week (I live in Japan) so they let me join the group on the 16th.

Anybody here going to be there on Tuesday?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools:Oxford'11
Send PM
got a ding here, a bit disappointed as I really was interested to find more about IMD and I though I was a good fit ... but hey, the IMD message came just after the one with the acceptance offer from Oxford, so I don't need any more to think what to choose :lol:
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V38
Send PM
Just returned from Lausanne. I'm not going to go over the whole process as it was described several times in different websites and I dont have anything to add. I'll just say that you have to keep in mind to be your self and talk about your REAL you and not your-wanna-be and also that there is NO competition between the friends that get interviewed together with you. We are all estimated by our own.
Generally, I was amazed by the school, the people and other applicants!!! All are simply GREAT!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Send PM
Hi Friends,

Pardon my silly doubt for one of the essays.

Essay 4: Describe yourself
How do you imagine your superior would describe your strengths and weaknesses to someone who does not know you?

For this essay, do I have to imagine what my current supervisor would describe or could I also write it from the perspective of previous supervisors? I am confused about how to bring my accomplishments from past into the present if I imagine my current supervisor's perspective.

Thanks for your help.
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V38
Send PM
Why is it to silent here? JZ, did you hear anything from IMD?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Accepted Rd 1 Jan 2011. Anyone else?

Singaporean/WE 7yrs/M/Industry/700

H
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V38
Send PM
hyena2011 wrote:
Accepted Rd 1 Jan 2011. Anyone else?

Singaporean/WE 7yrs/M/Industry/700

H

When/how did they notify you?
I was interviewed on the 12ve and waiting for an answer....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
It was by phone, and I was called a couple of hours ago.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello, one more accepted here. Best of luck to those who are applying!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts