Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 21:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Any information on Hult Business School

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 79 [0], given: 157

GMAT Tests User
Any information on Hult Business School [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2011, 20:19
I am an international candidate, so I was hoping if we could pool some information together regarding Hult Business School.

The website claims that they have 70% placements and students getting 108K average salaries. Are those placements all national students? They are located in three countries USA, Dubai and Shanghai, good but many schools can open an office and say ok there you go a Business school. How credible is this School? But then again I need to roam around for the rest of the life saying where did you do your MBA? Oh No Big deal Hult, Oh ok never mind then. But then again the school might be a genuinely upcoming school, which could build a top 30 brand name over the years.

Reason I am asking, I got a phone call 2 weeks ago from career services of Hult and she was kind of trying to find out whether I was interested in MBA. As deadlines loom nearer, I am in panic mode.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Any information on Hult Business School [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2011, 00:48
It gives MBA programs globally and the campus rotation program here allowing you to study at 3 of hult campuses during your degree.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Any information on Hult Business School [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2011, 01:14
I know a little about Hult from one conversation with one of their recruiters.

They are young as a name, 8 years, I think because of a large donation. B4 that they went by another name for a longer period.

Their program seems to be getting traction from foreign ranking publications due to the worldwide locations of the school and the 1yr format (which I am hearing is a more European design).

What interests me in their program is that one can split up the experience by living and taking classes in up to three different countries throughout the degree. Half the program in one location, and then a quarter in two other locations, if desired.
This seems like a much more powerful way to generate a "global thinking mba" program if you like that terminology, as well as excellent general introductions to those locations. Nevertheless the drawbacks are obvious too.

Their overall ranking is nonexistent on US rankings but FT and a few others have them ranked highly for international experience.

I was quoted ~80% placement with the difference being foreign graduates that faced relocation restrictions.

Time will tell if they are up and coming or not. My feeling is that will depend upon the kind of teaching talent they can attract and what their network turns into. On that final note I was told that the school holds postgraduate functions in at least NYC.
So, maybe.

Last edited by Pluvicreous on 31 Mar 2012, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Any information on Hult Business School [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2011, 02:00
Thanks Pulvicreous, for sharing your thoughts. I am sure many in this forum had received the same call as me.

I hear you but as much as you might say studying in 3 countries may give you the Global Perspective, I have to differ in my opinion.

It might give you a global perspective, if say the length of stay at those international programs is atleast 6 months to 1 year. Otherwise, I truly feel that 3 months is more of a short vacation where you may get to see the location but learn little from it.

On top of that, the whole program is 1 year, which is good in one sense that one gets to complete it and get back on track with little time and investment lost in the process.

But they just state 70% placements, no mention of the percentage of internationals/nationals in that 70%.

On top of that, given the USA visa procedure, which says you can apply for a work visa if somebody adopts ... ahem cough ... sponsors you, then that makes it even more difficult to get a sponsor with a less known program.

Yes I would like to believe the university is funding its program well by attracting students and generating jobs but the process has to be a little more informative for others to board.
Intern
Intern

Re: Any information on Hult Business School [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2011, 02:46
Agreed a year is better. Anyway you slice it the kind of exposure that someone has in a foreign location is determined more by how aggressive they are in getting out into it and what it is that they experience there.

I was merely drawing the comparison to other programs that generate their "international experience" through discussion and perhaps a week or two of visiting abroad.
For the record: I'm not a fan of the "Global Perspective" wording in the first place.

Do you know of other programs that offer longer duration visits in country?

As far as your other concerns, it sounds like you are looking for a means to get you anchored in the USA. You're probably correct, a school with a greater domestic namesake would be of greater influence. Then again, anybody that lets you study and in front of potential employers is an aid. A bird in the hand and all that...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Any information on Hult Business School [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2011, 03:49
Thank you for your opinion.

Oh shucks, I missed addressing the point you raised. I am not looking to get anchored in USA. :) I do have significant international experience. Sorry to sidetrack to the visa issue.

Regards.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Any information on Hult Business School [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2011, 04:37
StephnieCruz wrote:
Hult International Business School is a highly regarded and top-ranked business education institution in the United States. With its main campus located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, it maintains operations in other learning institution offering business-related degree programs. Hult gives students the best of both worlds: the flexibility of an education on the American university system and the academic environment of London. On top of this, graduating from Hult means you have earned a degree in Business, Communications or International Relations from one of the best business schools in the world.

There is no internship or placement information for nationals/internationals on HULT website. There are just numbers like 70% placed and a list of all the F500 companies. Its a little hard to decipher the brand image in recruiters mind.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GPA: 3.49
WE: Web Development (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

Re: Any information on Hult Business School [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2013, 06:30
Review about HULT please,
today got a call from the career services and they told me that, the avg salary is 110200$ per annum and many get placed soon they start their MBA

is that true ???
Intern
Intern

Re: Any information on Hult Business School [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2013, 21:16
Hi, I have a 2 yrs experience and I have applied to Hult Business School, Dubai campus for Masters in IB and going through the reviews I feel I stand a good chance
for being offered a seat. I have also applied to few private good ranked Universities of Germany for Masters in Management.
My thinking for choosing a University is to also look for the job opportunities in that country.
Hence kindly recommend a good option for me. My GMAT score as of now is 530, but that anyways I have considered for re-taking it and aiming atleast 650+.
Also if anyone could tell me that, Does the gmat score also plays a significant role while looking out for jobs post my Masters?
Intern
Intern

Re: Any information on Hult Business School [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2014, 21:43
quick answers on salary and ranking - it's all a lie... they make it up and manipulated the numbers...
they only calculate a portion of the alumni who did the survey and got the better numbers to make it look good.
as for rankings...well... it can be bought..
Re: Any information on Hult Business School   [#permalink] 11 Aug 2014, 21:43