Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 20:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: McCombs (int 4/5) , McDonough (interview 2/10-WL), UNC (int invt), Notre Dame (int 3/29)
WE 1: 3 yrs marekting
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2011, 07:05
FINALLY, an interview invite!!! Now....to go to campus or interview in Raleigh? Thoughts anyone?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2011, 10:18
SKMBA wrote:
FINALLY, an interview invite!!! Now....to go to campus or interview in Raleigh? Thoughts anyone?

Hi to all, first time poster.... I applied on 1/14 and interviewed on 3/8 on campus... My bet would be to go to the school and interview there. In my experience you can show how excited you are to become part of the McCombs community more explicitly in person as you get excited about being there, but thats just me...

On the other hand, does anybody know when the decisions are going to be made??? As I said I interviewed on 3/8 and have not heard a thing since....

This process is really annoying...

All best to all and good luck...

Paco
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kelley Class of 2013
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 22 [1] , given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2011, 10:31
This post received
KUDOS
paco90 wrote:
SKMBA wrote:

Hi to all, first time poster.... I applied on 1/14 and interviewed on 3/8 on campus... My bet would be to go to the school and interview there. In my experience you can show how excited you are to become part of the McCombs community more explicitly in person as you get excited about being there, but thats just me...

On the other hand, does anybody know when the decisions are going to be made??? As I said I interviewed on 3/8 and have not heard a thing since....

Paco

Unfortunately, McCombs works on its own (very frustrating) timetable. Some have received decisions, and some haven't, and all you can really do is wait. I interviewed about a week before you and got a waitlist notice 11 days ago. Which, to be honest, is even more annoying that waiting for a decision. I'm a firm believer in having "closure", so if I don't get a yea or nay on the WL in the next 2-3 weeks I'm going to just say f&ck it and say thanks, but no thanks.

Tom
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2011, 11:13
thmgoodw wrote:
paco90 wrote:
SKMBA wrote:

Paco

Unfortunately, McCombs works on its own (very frustrating) timetable. Some have received decisions, and some haven't, and all you can really do is wait. I interviewed about a week before you and got a waitlist notice 11 days ago. Which, to be honest, is even more annoying that waiting for a decision. I'm a firm believer in having "closure", so if I don't get a yea or nay on the WL in the next 2-3 weeks I'm going to just say f&ck it and say thanks, but no thanks.

Tom

That sucks men!!! Best of luck anywhere you are applying to!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2011, 12:35
paco90 wrote:

Second that..After giving them the benefit of the doubt for quite a while, I am now convinced that UT has a holier than thou attitude and treats its applicants with far too little respect.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Harvard R2 - Ding, Stanford R2 - Ding, McCombs R2 - Admit, UNC R3 - Admit
WE 1: Communications
WE 2: Not-for-Profit Management
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2011, 12:40
secondtime wrote:
paco90 wrote:

Second that..After giving them the benefit of the doubt for quite a while, I am now convinced that UT has a holier than thou attitude and treats its applicants with far too little respect.

They use rolling admissions. As people decline offers they will accept others. Next week is one of the primary deadlines, so you will see more acceptances then.

Remember to keep things in perspective. No matter what happens, everything will be just fine. If it does not happen, then it was not meant to be. There is some other great path for you to take. Be Blessed.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2011, 12:43
Impalpable wrote:
secondtime wrote:
paco90 wrote:

They use rolling admissions. As people decline offers they will accept others. Next week is one of the primary deadlines, so you will see more acceptances then.

I thought the acceptance deadline (for those already admitted) was April 15th?
Manager
Manager
Schools: Harvard R2 - Ding, Stanford R2 - Ding, McCombs R2 - Admit, UNC R3 - Admit

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2011, 12:55
thmgoodw wrote:

Nope, It varies by when you were accepted. I know several people have to decide by early next week.

Remember to keep things in perspective. No matter what happens, everything will be just fine. If it does not happen, then it was not meant to be. There is some other great path for you to take. Be Blessed.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2011, 12:58
Impalpable wrote:
thmgoodw wrote:

Nope, It varies by when you were accepted. I know several people have to decide by early next week.

Ah, thanks. I asked earlier in this thread and someone just said 4/15 so I took that to mean a standard date. Thanks very much for the clarification.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2011, 13:00
thmgoodw wrote:
Impalpable wrote:
thmgoodw wrote:

Ah, thanks. I asked earlier in this thread and someone just said 4/15 so I took that to mean a standard date. Thanks very much for the clarification.

Glad to help. I am one of the people who has to decide by next week :) I think I'm going to accept.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2011, 08:02
This post received
KUDOS
Just got the admit call! I interviewed the week of March 7th and I have until April 20th to make a decision. Good luck, everyone!
Intern
Intern
Schools: UCLA, USC, NYU
WE 1: 5 Years, Entertainment and Technology

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2011, 11:09
Does McCombs have an admit weekend or any events like that coming up?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2011, 11:20
Yes, they have one this weekend and one the weekend of April 29 as well.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2011, 18:26
I have not received any reply since my submission in 14th January, let alone an interview invite.
As an international candidate from Asia, it seems hard to imagine that I still have a chance to be accepted at McCombs by now. Knowing that even the final submission deadline for Domestic applicants (US based) is due today (1st April).
Actually McCombs is one of my priority program. But what can I say.. with no interview invites at hand, I guess i will have slim chance to be accepted by then.
Keeping all possible fingers crossed still.

Cheers all.. :)
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2011, 06:55
Does anyone know if there is any correlation between length of time since submitted til decision release.

Submitted my application on Jan. 7, received interview invite on Jan. 17, interviewed beginning of Feb. Since I am at the end of 12 weeks is that a bad sign? When I called Texas two weeks ago, I was told that decisions would be released any time between 10-12 weeks. Every time that I check my email account, I am expecting to see an email from Texas.

Every other school I applied to has gotten back with me at least two weeks ago.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kenan-Flagler, Fuqua (W/L), McCombs
WE 1: Entrepreneurship
WE 2: Non-Profit

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2011, 10:15
Threw an app in at the last moment. 3/31
Manager
Manager
Schools: Fuqua(no int), Darden(no int), McCombs , Kenan-Flagler, McDonough, Smith(w/$$)

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2011, 16:19
rmc720 wrote:
Just got the admit call! I interviewed the week of March 7th and I have until April 20th to make a decision. Good luck, everyone!

I interviewed that same week. When did you submit your app?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stanford [R1], Wharton [R1], MIT [R1], Kellogg [R1], Haas [R1], Tuck [R1], Ross [R2], Fuqua [R2]
WE 1: 4 yrs as Sales Rep

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2011, 06:49
Admitted Guys who are matriculating,

I am looking for a roomie to share the housing with while at McCombs. Below is my profile:

-- Indian/Male/25yrs
-- Currently living in Mumbai, India
-- Social drinker, non-smoker
-- I like to consider myself as tidy

Do lemme know if you are willing to share a house with me. Best way would be to PM me...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2011, 08:07
Admitted to the DFW weekend program, anyone else??

Be willing to fail. It's the price of greatness. ;)

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2011, 13:38
Any body now more realistic stats for living expenses at Austin?:

Housing (rent, utilities...stats privided by the school website seem really high)
Food
Entertainment
Laundry
Other
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants   [#permalink] 04 Apr 2011, 13:38