Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:54 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Fuqua(no int), Darden(no int), McCombs , Kenan-Flagler, McDonough, Smith(w/$$)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Cleantech; Consulting
Schools:Stanford [R1], Wharton [R1], MIT [R1], Kellogg [R1], Haas [R1], Tuck [R1], Ross [R2], Fuqua [R2]
 Q50  V40
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: 4 yrs as Sales Rep
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink]
Any body now more realistic stats for living expenses at Austin?:

Housing (rent, utilities...stats privided by the school website seem really high)
Food
Entertainment
Laundry
Other
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship and Technology
Schools:UCLA, USC, NYU
GMAT 2: 680 GMAT 3: 640
GPA: 3.55
WE 1: 5 Years, Entertainment and Technology
Send PM
Has anyone heard anything about admits over the last week? I feel like its been very quiet here.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I've been checking this site pretty regularly as I await my decision. Haven't heard of any admits recently. I'm still waiting patiently. So far it's been over 12 weeks since I submittted my application.
Intern
Intern
Schools:McCombs (int 4/5) , McDonough (interview 2/10-WL), UNC (int invt), Notre Dame (int 3/29)
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: 3 yrs marekting
Send PM
Just had my interview...now I have a 4-6 week wait to look forward to? Does that sound about right?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Marketing and Finance (Business Marketing Academy)
Schools:Kelley Class of 2013
 Q49  V38
Send PM
SKMBA wrote:
Just had my interview...now I have a 4-6 week wait to look forward to? Does that sound about right?

I wouldn't look at it like that. Most people here about 10-12 weeks from the time they submitted their application. That could be 2 weeks after the interview or 8 weeks after the interview.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 104 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Send PM
Denied w/o Interview......Headed for fall 2012. Luck to others. In a way I am happy--motivated to work hard and get in a better school next year.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 630 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 640 Q42 V35
GMAT 3: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 4: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 2.71
WE:Underwriter (Other)
Send PM
R3 applicant here. I submitted my application on April 1st. My GMAT score has been received, and yesterday I paid the application fee. My official transcripts are on the way and should arrive in a couple of days. The only thing missing is one of my recommendations...

Will my application be reviewed without this recommendation, or will they wait until it is received. For some reason, on the 1st, my recommender contacted me, telling me that when he logged on, there was a message saying that there was a 6 week window to complete the recommendation starting like March 18th or something. (I'm like, really? You took the time to login, and now you're not going to just finish it?) I tried to tell him that Texas has a rolling admissions policy, and while the 1st is not an official deadline, the sooner everything gets done, the sooner my application can be reviewed, but right now he doesn't really see it as a priority. Unfortunately, he is sort of my only hope at this point, so I can't turn to anyone else. Should I turn up the heat on this guy, say something like, "the admissions department at Texas contacted me and they need you to submit your recommendation before they can being reviewing my application?"

Any thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I would turn up the heat on your recommender. Ask him if there is anything you can do to speed up the process.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Two weeks ago, I was put on the WL. This morning I got an email to call and when I did I was admitted! I applied on January 14, received the invite to interview on Feb 16, interviewed on Feb 22, WL on March 21, and admitted 4/5. Good luck to everyone else.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing and Finance (Business Marketing Academy)
Schools:Kelley Class of 2013
 Q49  V38
Send PM
souljaslim30 wrote:
Two weeks ago, I was put on the WL. This morning I got an email to call and when I did I was admitted! I applied on January 14, received the invite to interview on Feb 16, interviewed on Feb 22, WL on March 21, and admitted 4/5. Good luck to everyone else.

Congrats! I was WL on that same exact day!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Darden,McCombs,Owen ($$$$),Booth (int),Kellogg (int)
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: 4 years software consulting - US
WE 2: 2 years management consulting - Argentina
Send PM
I haven't been active on this forum, but I received a congratulatory call this morning from admissions. Not sure if people are still waiting around...good luck.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
WE:Other (Insurance)
Send PM
souljaslim30 wrote:

Congrats...did you send any additional info in the time between your waitlist and your acceptance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mreevit wrote:
souljaslim30 wrote:

Congrats...did you send any additional info in the time between your waitlist and your acceptance.

No, I just waited. I had been admitted to another school so I wasn't dying to hear back. She did say that they reviewed my application yesterday so I don't know exactly what it means. Perhaps they rank people on the WL or I was just lucky to hear back so quickly. Good luck to you. Seems like you've had some really bad luck with the WL!
Intern
Intern
 Q46  V46
GPA: 3.75
WE 1: Public Accounting - Consulting Division (2 years)
WE 2: Distressed Debt Hedge Fund (2 years)
Send PM
souljaslim30 wrote:
mreevit wrote:
souljaslim30 wrote:

No, I just waited. I had been admitted to another school so I wasn't dying to hear back. She did say that they reviewed my application yesterday so I don't know exactly what it means. Perhaps they rank people on the WL or I was just lucky to hear back so quickly. Good luck to you. Seems like you've had some really bad luck with the WL!

Would you mind sharing your stats and location? And are you planning on accepting?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats...did you send any additional info in the time between your waitlist and your acceptance.[/quote]

No, I just waited. I had been admitted to another school so I wasn't dying to hear back. She did say that they reviewed my application yesterday so I don't know exactly what it means. Perhaps they rank people on the WL or I was just lucky to hear back so quickly. Good luck to you. Seems like you've had some really bad luck with the WL![/quote]

Would you mind sharing your stats and location? And are you planning on accepting?[/quote]

4 yrs WE in Public Accounting / 3.44 / 710 / It's unlikely that I accept. UT was my #1, but after being WL I started getting excited about the other school that accepted me. Plus it's $70k cheaper! I'm going to do a bit more due diligence for UT before I pass on the admit.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
WE:Other (Insurance)
Send PM
souljaslim30 wrote:

No, I just waited. I had been admitted to another school so I wasn't dying to hear back. She did say that they reviewed my application yesterday so I don't know exactly what it means. Perhaps they rank people on the WL or I was just lucky to hear back so quickly. Good luck to you. Seems like you've had some really bad luck with the WL![/quote]

Would you mind sharing your stats and location? And are you planning on accepting?[/quote]

4 yrs WE in Public Accounting / 3.44 / 710 / It's unlikely that I accept. UT was my #1, but after being WL I started getting excited about the other school that accepted me. Plus it's $70k cheaper! I'm going to do a bit more due diligence for UT before I pass on the admit.[/quote]

70k is a lot of money!

Of course, I am a little biased and would benefit from you going with the other school :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 630 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 640 Q42 V35
GMAT 3: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 4: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 2.71
WE:Underwriter (Other)
Send PM
Just received an interview invite, roughly 15 minutes ago. (Round 3 applicant, submitted on April 1st)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  59   60   61   62   63   64   65  ...  70   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts