Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 21:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: Fighting on
Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Posts: 318
Schools: UCLA (R1 interview-WL), UNC(R2--interview-ding) Oxford(R2-Admit), Kelley (R2- Admit $$), McCombs(R2)
WE 1: SE - 1
WE 2: Engineer - 3
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2011, 08:04
nikhilfotedar wrote:
My file was sent to admission comittee for review and I for the life of me, cannot understand what they are reviewing so much? Can they just ding me already? The wait is simply killing me!



Could not agree more. If I dont get my decision soon, McCombs admission director is going to get a very nasty email from me :twisted:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Jul 2010
Posts: 20
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2011, 16:40
ingoditrust wrote:
nikhilfotedar wrote:
My file was sent to admission comittee for review and I for the life of me, cannot understand what they are reviewing so much? Can they just ding me already? The wait is simply killing me!



Could not agree more. If I dont get my decision soon, McCombs admission director is going to get a very nasty email from me :twisted:



Alright ppl, it has been 12 weeks now since I submitted. I am going to ask for a refund. Who's with me?
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 05 Mar 2008
Posts: 1477
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 195 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2011, 17:03
I'm sure they were waiting for admit weekend and probably deposits before they start making decisions again. They probably figure they would rather accept/reject rather than put more on waitlists. My guess is there will be more movement maybe in a week or two.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 161
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 151

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2011, 12:01
In my case,the application was showing pending status and once i informed them about it,they said that its coz of some technical glitch and now my applicn has been forwarded to the adcom for review.I am afraid that since my application is being reviewed now(which is quite late) i dont think i have much of a chance :(
Anyway,my profile is GRE 1420 TOEFL 114 and work ex 3 yrs in IT.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Mar 2011
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2011, 19:16
Same here,
I have not hear anything since my last application submission on 14th Jan.
Not even a single interview, invites hence cant be sure whether to get accepted or dinged just yet..

But, I can agree no more.. this waiting plethora have added burden to my head daily.
Cant concentrate enough whilst in office

Oh well... :(

Dear McCombs admission Committee..
Please have mercy on us :|
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Posts: 24
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2011, 06:12
Looking for advice from fellow GMATclubbers.

I submitted my application to Texas over 13 weeks ago. I had my interview 7 weeks ago. Should I call the admissions office to inquire about the status of my application? I'm starting to get crunched for time with other deadlines fast approaching.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 12
Schools: McCombs (int 4/5) , McDonough (interview 2/10-WL), UNC (int invt), Notre Dame (int 3/29)
WE 1: 3 yrs marekting
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2011, 06:52
Had an interview last Tuesday and then got a ding on Friday :(

At least it was quick....I suppose...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: Fighting on
Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Posts: 318
Schools: UCLA (R1 interview-WL), UNC(R2--interview-ding) Oxford(R2-Admit), Kelley (R2- Admit $$), McCombs(R2)
WE 1: SE - 1
WE 2: Engineer - 3
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2011, 07:33
For all international students who had applied on the 14th Jan deadline, Mccombs school had *too* many international applications this year and this has slowed down there processing of apps. As per them more than likely most of us should here back by April end.


I am now officially pissed.
:evil:
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 15 Mar 2010
Posts: 195
Schools: Kelley Class of 2013
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2011, 07:37
ingoditrust wrote:
For all international students who had applied on the 14th Jan deadline, Mccombs school had *too* many international applications this year and this has slowed down there processing of apps. As per them more than likely most of us should here back by April end.


I am now officially pissed.
:evil:


Truly sorry to hear that.

How are leaning between your current admits? I really loved Kelley at the KEW and I just informed Kelley that i'm officially coming and informed McCombs thanks, but no thanks on the WL.

Cheers,
Tom
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: Fighting on
Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Posts: 318
Schools: UCLA (R1 interview-WL), UNC(R2--interview-ding) Oxford(R2-Admit), Kelley (R2- Admit $$), McCombs(R2)
WE 1: SE - 1
WE 2: Engineer - 3
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 18 [1] , given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2011, 07:45
1
This post received
KUDOS
thmgoodw wrote:
ingoditrust wrote:
For all international students who had applied on the 14th Jan deadline, Mccombs school had *too* many international applications this year and this has slowed down there processing of apps. As per them more than likely most of us should here back by April end.


I am now officially pissed.
:evil:


Truly sorry to hear that.

How are leaning between your current admits? I really loved Kelley at the KEW and I just informed Kelley that i'm officially coming and informed McCombs thanks, but no thanks on the WL.

Cheers,
Tom


Honestly I really like Kelley and I believe its a hidden gem that lot of people ignore. I am leaning more towards Oxford, the brand is to good + its coming out to be cheaper of the two. If Kelley would have given me more money I would have gone for Kelley but as of now Oxford its going to be.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2010
Posts: 40
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2011, 08:40
ingoditrust wrote:
For all international students who had applied on the 14th Jan deadline, Mccombs school had *too* many international applications this year and this has slowed down there processing of apps. As per them more than likely most of us should here back by April end.


I am now officially pissed.
:evil:


Firstly thanks for the update. I am really annoyed at this too. They are showing themselves to be a very disorganized and makes me really doubt my going there even if I get in. Did you call them? when I called they said they would have an update for me soon.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: Fighting on
Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Posts: 318
Schools: UCLA (R1 interview-WL), UNC(R2--interview-ding) Oxford(R2-Admit), Kelley (R2- Admit $$), McCombs(R2)
WE 1: SE - 1
WE 2: Engineer - 3
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2011, 08:49
Yep, I had even told them that I have other admits and for this reason I need to decide.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2010
Posts: 111
Schools: Fuqua(no int), Darden(no int), McCombs , Kenan-Flagler, McDonough, Smith(w/$$)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2011, 13:28
teshs84 wrote:
Looking for advice from fellow GMATclubbers.

I submitted my application to Texas over 13 weeks ago. I had my interview 7 weeks ago. Should I call the admissions office to inquire about the status of my application? I'm starting to get crunched for time with other deadlines fast approaching.

Thanks


I'm in the same boat. First deadline is this Friday.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: Fighting on
Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Posts: 318
Schools: UCLA (R1 interview-WL), UNC(R2--interview-ding) Oxford(R2-Admit), Kelley (R2- Admit $$), McCombs(R2)
WE 1: SE - 1
WE 2: Engineer - 3
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2011, 16:09
got an invite.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 May 2010
Posts: 45
Schools: UCLA, USC, NYU
WE 1: 5 Years, Entertainment and Technology
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2011, 09:42
Anyone else starting to feel frustrated by the wait? I called them on Monday and asked what was taking so long as I interviewed on March 1st. I told them that I was delaying getting back to other schools which have upcoming deadlines and the guy on the admissions committee asked for one more day so they could get back to with an admissions decision. Nothing yet......
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Posts: 24
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2011, 11:43
mhla82 wrote:
Anyone else starting to feel frustrated by the wait? I called them on Monday and asked what was taking so long as I interviewed on March 1st. I told them that I was delaying getting back to other schools which have upcoming deadlines and the guy on the admissions committee asked for one more day so they could get back to with an admissions decision. Nothing yet......


I feel your pain. Been waiting over 13 weeks now. Interview in Feb.

I also called McCombs on Monday and was told I would hear in the next week to week and a half.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2010
Posts: 111
Schools: Fuqua(no int), Darden(no int), McCombs , Kenan-Flagler, McDonough, Smith(w/$$)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2011, 11:47
Seems like they're holding us in limbo until after the April 15th deposit deadline.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2010
Posts: 106
Location: United States (FL)
Concentration: Finance, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 640 Q36 V41
GMAT 2: 630 Q42 V34
GMAT 3: 640 Q42 V35
GMAT 4: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 5: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 2.71
WE: Underwriter (Other)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 20

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2011, 13:55
Anyone have any thoughts about interview attire SPECIFICALLY for McCombs?

I ask because I work for a company that is very non-traditional when it comes to dress. Essentially, all that is require of men is a shirt, tie, and decent pants. I have one suit, but I got it several years ago and have lost weight since, so now it looks big on me. I was all set to go and buy a new suit for my interview on Monday, but my admissions consultant didn't seem to think I needed one for McCombs where the atmosphere is more laid back. He suggested nice pants and a nice shirt, not even a blazer or tie. I think I would probably feel more comfortable in a suit but then again I don't want to come across as too formal.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Posts: 24
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2011, 14:20
doggdetroit wrote:
Anyone have any thoughts about interview attire SPECIFICALLY for McCombs?

I ask because I work for a company that is very non-traditional when it comes to dress. Essentially, all that is require of men is a shirt, tie, and decent pants. I have one suit, but I got it several years ago and have lost weight since, so now it looks big on me. I was all set to go and buy a new suit for my interview on Monday, but my admissions consultant didn't seem to think I needed one for McCombs where the atmosphere is more laid back. He suggested nice pants and a nice shirt, not even a blazer or tie. I think I would probably feel more comfortable in a suit but then again I don't want to come across as too formal.


When I interviewed on campus, there was ~8 other people going through a class visit and interview. All of us had on a suit. Maybe it was just that day, but I would recommend wearing a suit if you are interviewing. Treat it just like you are interviewing for a job. Now if you are just visiting campus and sitting in a class, I would think a button down and pants would be okay.

You will need a suit that fits anyway. So I would recommend going and buying one while you are still earning money.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Hopeful
Joined: 30 Mar 2010
Posts: 64
Location: TX
Schools: Harvard R2 - Ding, Stanford R2 - Ding, McCombs R2 - Admit, UNC R3 - Admit
WE 1: Communications
WE 2: Not-for-Profit Management
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2011, 19:42
teshs84 wrote:
doggdetroit wrote:
Anyone have any thoughts about interview attire SPECIFICALLY for McCombs?

I ask because I work for a company that is very non-traditional when it comes to dress. Essentially, all that is require of men is a shirt, tie, and decent pants. I have one suit, but I got it several years ago and have lost weight since, so now it looks big on me. I was all set to go and buy a new suit for my interview on Monday, but my admissions consultant didn't seem to think I needed one for McCombs where the atmosphere is more laid back. He suggested nice pants and a nice shirt, not even a blazer or tie. I think I would probably feel more comfortable in a suit but then again I don't want to come across as too formal.


When I interviewed on campus, there was ~8 other people going through a class visit and interview. All of us had on a suit. Maybe it was just that day, but I would recommend wearing a suit if you are interviewing. Treat it just like you are interviewing for a job. Now if you are just visiting campus and sitting in a class, I would think a button down and pants would be okay.

You will need a suit that fits anyway. So I would recommend going and buying one while you are still earning money.


I agree. I purchased a nice suit for my interview. Also, everyone at my class visit was wearing a suit.
_________________

Remember to keep things in perspective. No matter what happens, everything will be just fine. If it does not happen, then it was not meant to be. There is some other great path for you to take. Be Blessed.

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants   [#permalink] 14 Apr 2011, 19:42
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
86 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants mc 1389 08 Oct 2010, 10:53
50 Experts publish their posts in the topic McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants subhashghosh 541 19 Jul 2011, 03:28
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants daniel7 0 03 Dec 2010, 10:05
41 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Texas-McCombs Fall 2010 Applicants asimov 1388 11 Oct 2009, 10:15
2 Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! icon 215 17 Jul 2008, 06:27
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66  ...  70    Next  [ 1390 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.