Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 17:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2010, 23:04
Guys....what chances do I stand to get at least an interview call with my score?

Any tips for interview prep....someone who has already had an interview...?

thanks
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2010, 11:19
Had my interview on campus today. It was very conversational. I'm hoping to hear back before the end of the year.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2010, 12:17
Does anyone know when the school releases decisions for R1 applicants who have already interviewed?

Manager
Manager
Schools: McCombs class of 2013
WE 1: 8 years Navy

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2010, 12:22
Don't know for sure, but according to last year's thread, admissions notifications began the first week of December.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2010, 13:15
Due to the delayed application process this year, admissions decisions probably will not start being released until mid-late December.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Indiana, Texas, Emory

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2010, 13:52
Please add me! I'm applying as well....can't wait to be finished with everything!

Indiana Rd 2 Texas Rd 2 Emory Rd 2

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.74

Kudos [?]: 13 [2] , given: 1

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2010, 20:27
This post received
KUDOS
I had my interview today. It was on campus with a second year student. It was informal and the interviewer typed up my answers on their computer. The following questions were asked.

Why Mba?
Why Texas?
What are you most proud of on your resume?
Tell me about your ideal study group?
Tell me about a time you led a team?
What would you contribute to McCombs?
Who have you spoken to about the Texas MBA?
What clubs would you join?
Some specific questions about previous work experience and extracurricular activities on my resume

The interviewer then asked if I had any questions and typed down the first two.

Overall, I think it went pretty well.

Last edited by sausagenpeppers on 30 Nov 2010, 07:42, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2010, 22:48
I guess most of the people who have been interviewed are US applicants. Or has any international applicant been interviewed? I applied in R1, but yesterday only some issues with my transcripts were resolved. The status finally shows that all documents have been received.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Fuqua (In), Tuck (WL & Withdrawn), McDonough (Withdrawn), McCombs (Withdrawn), Manchester (In & Withdrawn)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2010, 10:16
Hi all! I applied McCombs on the first round, but my transcripts arrived on Nov 4th. I was told that UT considers applications on a rolling basis, so I think my application was just put on stand by for revision until they got my transcirpts...

I'm an international applicant and so far I have not received any invitations... As I've seen in this blog that many invites were sent on the second and third week of november, I fear that my application didn´t go through...

Has any international applicant received any interview invitation so far?

Thanks
Current Student
Schools: Texas '12

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2010, 06:32
Hi everyone,
I was in the same spot last year so I know you’re all anxiously waiting on admissions results. GMATClub was a huge help in the whole process. Here's a link to a music video that summarizes what our first semester has been like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG6dSJia8Gw&feature=player_embedded

Enjoy :-D
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2010, 06:34
From the current McCombs class - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG6dSJia8Gw

:) good luck on the applications ya'll. I'm in the class of 2012 and this is a wonderful program.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2010, 09:23
I recently heard that it would be six weeks before hearing back from McCombs after completion of the entire application package, including the interview. I hope that's not the case but am preparing myself for that.

Manager
Manager
Schools: McCombs R1 ($$), HBS R1, Stanford R1, Anderson R2, Haas R2
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 17

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2010, 09:33
sausagenpeppers wrote:
I had my interview today. It was on campus with a second year student. It was informal and the interviewer typed up my answers on their computer. The following questions were asked.

Why Mba?
Why Texas?
What are you most proud of on your resume?
Tell me about your ideal study group?
Tell me about a time you led a team?
What would you contribute to McCombs?
Who have you spoken to about the Texas MBA?
What clubs would you join?
Some specific questions about previous work experience and extracurricular activities on my resume

The interviewer then asked if I had any questions and typed down the first two.

Overall, I think it went pretty well.

Thanks sausagenpeppers!! This is really helpful... I'm flying to Austin tonight and interviewing on campus tomorrow. Reading about your experience and the questions you had has really helped me feel better! :)
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tepper, ISB, McCombs, Emory, Duke, NUS
WE 1: SAP consulting
WE 2: Business Development Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2010, 09:40
bseeker wrote:
I recently heard that it would be six weeks before hearing back from McCombs after completion of the entire application package, including the interview. I hope that's not the case but am preparing myself for that.

My application isnt even complete yet (TOEFL waiver still not granted). I guess its going to be a long wait for me! :|
Current Student
Schools: Sloan R1, McCombs R1, Ross R1 (w/int), Haas R2, Kellogg R2
WE 1: Product Engineering/Manufacturing

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 26

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2010, 10:45
I still haven't been able to coordinate an alumni interview. So far I've contacted five alumni, and only two have responded. I was told by one of the alumni in the database that she wasn't even doing interviews this year and the database was out-of-date, and the other replied over a week ago and hasn't followed up.

It's very frustrating.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2010, 22:45
Finally... after a looooong wait.. my status changed to
"We have received all credentials required to process your application. Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review."
:-D :-D :-D
Hope they send the interview invite soon!! :)
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2010, 12:29
risin1phoenix wrote:
I guess most of the people who have been interviewed are US applicants. Or has any international applicant been interviewed? I applied in R1, but yesterday only some issues with my transcripts were resolved. The status finally shows that all documents have been received.

hi,

I am an international student from india currently in US. I completed my alumni interview yesterday. All the best.
Intern
Intern
Schools: McCombs (acc w/$) (Kellogg(WL), Haas(WL - ding), Anderson(WL-WD), Owen (acc w/$$)

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2010, 13:46
Late to the game, but add me on. Applied R1 (11/1) heard back on 11/12. Interviewed this week. Interview went well, pretty basic. Walk through resume, why mba, why texas, and then a few "name a time" questions I don't remember. Good luck to everyone.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Fuqua (In), Tuck (WL & Withdrawn), McDonough (Withdrawn), McCombs (Withdrawn), Manchester (In & Withdrawn)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2010, 14:38
Still no invite... :?
Anyone on the same spot?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stanford R1, Wharton R1, Chicago R1, UCLA R1, Cornell R2

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2010, 15:35
rafilla442000 wrote:
Still no invite... :?
Anyone on the same spot?

I'm in the same boat. My application went complete on 10/29 and I haven't heard anything. I'm guessing that means no interview. :(
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants   [#permalink] 02 Dec 2010, 15:35