Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:36 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 188 [0]
Given Kudos: 157
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2013
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 244 [1]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: CPG Marketing
Schools:Chicago Booth 2013, Ross, Duke , Kellogg , Stanford, Haas
 Q41  V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Any reliable glbbers who took Amer-asia services, please PM? [#permalink]
Thanks Michmax and redjam, your insights have been very helpful in aligning my decisions.

For any future applicants, there are a lot of reviews written by both Mx and Rj on the thread titled best admissions consultants. The link is
https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-admission-consulting-companies-92923-60.html

Kudos to you both.

Regards,
Glbeer.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi All,

Any new insights on using Amerasia? I have an initial consultation scheduled but it's not with either Paul or Adam. I've heard their names mentioned alot on here, but since I've been "matched" with someone else I'm a bit skeptical.

Thanks!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Founder, Amerasia Consulting Group
Own Kudos [?]: 268 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
Send PM
Expert Reply
I was on here answering some other questions related to our essay breakdowns and saw this. I know the question was put to G Clubbers who have used our services, but I do want to clarify that we are a boutique firm with just a handful of consultants who are truly elite. It took me almost a year to bring on a second consultant and when I did, people initially pushed back and wanted only me. He's become one of the most highly reviewed consultants out there and of course, now everyone wants me or him. They will probably miss out on working with truly elite talent if they don't approach consultations with an open mind. We are NOT a giant consulting factory that just offloads people to "randoms." We are a consulting group that doggedly searches for elite talent - people as good as me, is my standard. If we have brought them in under the AACG umbrella, it means we have full confidence. And since we offer free consultations, it is no risk to jump on a call and see if there is a fit. I just urge people to give their consultant a chance, whether their name is plastered in dozens of reviews or not. My name, reputation, and brand is on the line with every Amerasia consultant, so in a way, I've done the vetting of quality for you. Now it's just about fit.

Anyway, I've just seen people worry about this a lot and I wanted to put your mind at ease.

Feel free to PM me or email any of us at HQ if you have questions/concerns.

Respectfully,

Paul Lanzillotti
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I am amazed as to how every year we trounce like cattle to the tunes of consultants. Not one person is interested in making things better or stressing the value of clients. Every year consultants charge as they wish without any regulation. I am shocked by the lack of accountability of consultants despite the numbers of highly educated people in the forum.

I can just keep quiet, and walk away. My life will go on, but some other sucker with bright eyes will be signing up hoping everything will be taken care of now that he signed up with a responsible company.

All i am saying is there needs to me greater accountability and fairness towards us clients(applicants seeking consultation), their priorities, and in the present state the operations are conducted. I am least interested in the opinions of consultants and the endless comments that may follow. I hope this forum and its members strive to bring a sense of reality to the prices and operations of these boutiques.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Send PM
BlueRobin wrote:
I am amazed as to how every year we trounce like cattle to the tunes of consultants. Not one person is interested in making things better or stressing the value of clients. Every year consultants charge as they wish without any regulation. I am shocked by the lack of accountability of consultants despite the numbers of highly educated people in the forum.

I can just keep quiet, and walk away. My life will go on, but some other sucker with bright eyes will be signing up hoping everything will be taken care of now that he signed up with a responsible company.

All i am saying is there needs to me greater accountability and fairness towards us clients(applicants seeking consultation), their priorities, and in the present state the operations are conducted. I am least interested in the opinions of consultants and the endless comments that may follow. I hope this forum and its members strive to bring a sense of reality to the prices and operations of these boutiques.

This hardly makes sense...

With any professional services you use you'll be facing this issue of 'accountability.' There will always be the good and the bad. There will always be professionals who are accountable and professionals who are not.

Just like with any other professional service, it's your own responsibility to ask the right questions and firmly establish your expectations upfront. Then if you do end up hiring them, and they don't live up to those expectations, it's your responsibility to call them out on that and personally hold them accountable.

That's how it works in the real world (especially the business world) and I don't see why it would differ when working with an MBA consultant.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
First off, I am a regular poster on GC and I created this account for the sake of anonymity. Mods are welcome to pm me to verify this.

I plan to post a full review of Amerasia a little later in the admissions process but just wanted to toss in a few words about Adam Hoff. I worked with him for 2 schools and he was the most accommodating, thoughtful and astute consultant I could have worked with. Consultants charge what they do because people are willing to pay for it. Because they see value in it. It's as simple as that. And no one is coercing you into hiring a consultant. It is very much your decision. I got every dollar's worth of value from working with Adam.

Full review will follow once I am done with the admissions process.
GMAT Club Bot