Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 11:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Any thoughts for MBA at LSU(Flores)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Any thoughts for MBA at LSU(Flores) [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2009, 18:50
Anybody know about LSU mba program? This is one of the schools that I am considering. Trying to find salary statistics but can't really get any. The only thing that I can find in google is:

",,,For a second consecutive year, the LSU E. J. Ourso College of Business Flores MBA Program has been ranked in the nation’s Top 10 by the Wall Street Journal among schools that draw corporate recruiters regionally...." This was in 2007.

Dont know what this is and whether it means anything or not. Is it just being blow out of proportion by LSU?

My main thing is to hopefully get a higher pay and a possible career change.

I currently make around 50k, so naturally, I would am looking for average salary statistics to be higher then this.

Here is the article:

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/ ... eboard.pdf

Does this mean anything in terms of job placement and salary?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Ross Class of 2011
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 0

Re: Any thoughts for MBA at LSU(Flores) [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2009, 09:45
semidevil wrote:
My main thing is to hopefully get a higher pay and a possible career change.

I currently make around 50k, so naturally, I would am looking for average salary statistics to be higher then this.

Here is the article:

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/ ... eboard.pdf

The E. J. Ourso College of Business Flores MBA Class of 2009 is comprised of 66 individuals from across the United States and internationally. Collectively the group has an average GMAT score of 637 and an average 1.5 years of work experience. Forty-two percent of the group is female.

I don't know what the starting salary #s look like but I remember a few years ago they were high 50s/low60s. I expect that to be the same on thing about the salary numbers that are going to be misleading is that average years WE is 1.5 so the starting salary is way lower than you'd expect. I know a couple of people who went to LSU directly after undergrad, they all got jobs so it really depends on what you want to do.

The WSJ article is overblown by LSU as they aren't 7th in the country like they said but ranked 7th in the regional ranking (their is a national ranking which they are not listed on). As an LSU alumni I can tell you that LSU is very strong in regional recruiting so if you want to work in audit/accounting/energy and want to work in Louisiana/Texas it is a nice program.

Let us know more about your goals then just higher pay and a career change.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Any thoughts for MBA at LSU(Flores) [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2009, 16:02
Lsuguy, thanks for the reply. this is helpful information.

I have a couple more questions hopefully you do not mind.

I"m planning to do the part time mba, and based on the statistics from lsu webpage, it shows that the average gmat for a part time student is 480. Do you think this is accurate? I'm just trying to accurately guage myself so I know where I need to reach to be accepted in to LSU. I"m one of those guys with a 2.64GPA, so I know I will definitely need to score at least above the average.

so far, i'm intersted in the internal audit series that LSU is offering. something like 5 months to prepare for the CIA exam and a chance to be certified. I think this certificate along with an MBA might be good for my career. Do you know if this is something that LSU offers year round?

my profile:
26 year old male, asian
3 years work experience(will have 1 year supervisory/leadership role)
2.64gpa, B.A in mathematics
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Ross Class of 2011
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 0

Re: Any thoughts for MBA at LSU(Flores) [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2009, 19:32
I think the statistics are probably right but on the way up I know they are putting a huge emphasis on the business school and have been increasing GMAT score every year consistently in the full time program.

If there is one thing that the business school at LSU is truly known for it is Internal Audit. I have quite a few friends who went the the IA program at LSU and they were very happy with it. From a recruiting standpoint and even the audit competitions LSU is on top or near the top in audit.
Re: Any thoughts for MBA at LSU(Flores)   [#permalink] 12 Mar 2009, 19:32