Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:02 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wasn't too great...The admissions officer stuck to her scripts and dwelled too much on undergrad. Hello ?! I have been working for a long time and already have a graduate degree..so let's move on to a more mature conversation. If you interview with someone from the admissions staff it will be mostly behavioral. If it is a second year student, it will be nice and easy. Stay calm and don't get flustered..that is my only advice.

Ozmba2006 wrote:
Thats fkn crazy man...why so long ...I guess by Jan 19..u will know

I will check the status on March 29 only
Booked an interview on Super Satday Jan 27.....can't afford to go during working day for a class visit.. Long flight from NYC..

ANy Gclubbers visiting the school at the same time ?

Quote:
I submitted and interviewed well
How was the interview experience ..any tips for Interview
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks ..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
lhotseface wrote:
Great...now wait with the rest of us till hell freezes over ! I submitted and interviewed well before the R1 deadline. What part of "Rolling" does Anderson not understand ?

Ozmba2006 wrote:
Submitted my UCLA Application, my first application for a US Bschool... :2gunfire: :done :computer

Rhyme --- Thanks a lot, for your help at every stage of the application process... :thanks

They tricked you man.

They wanted you to submit early so they can get a head start. Rolling admissions is BS.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ozmba2006 wrote:
Thats fkn crazy man...why so long ...I guess by Jan 19..u will know

I will check the status on March 29 only
Booked an interview on Super Satday Jan 27.....can't afford to go during working day for a class visit.. Long flight from NYC..

ANy Gclubbers visiting the school at the same time ?

Quote:
I submitted and interviewed well
How was the interview experience ..any tips for Interview

Yup. Read up on the internet for UCLA interviews. I got the same format as the ones I read on the net.

1. Walk me through your resume (or some variant). My interviewer delivered this question differently. Tell me about the path that has led you till today.

2. Why MBA? Why UCLA? Why now?

3. Tell me about a group situation.

4. What do you do in your spare time?

I purposely scheduled my interview on the Super Saturday because you have a better shot at getting an alumni or student. Interviewing with an adcomm officer won't help your application, but it can sure hurt.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quote:
I purposely scheduled my interview on the Super Saturday because you have a better shot at getting an alumni or student. Interviewing with an adcomm officer won't help your application, but it can sure hurt.

Thanks , and yeah i am happy to get the interview slot on Satday
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
so quiet... i can hear the crickets chirping in the UCLA Rd 1 thread

both here and at BW forums too....

any updates anyone?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
WBF,

Where else did you apply ? Any decisions ?

WBF wrote:

any updates anyone?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Probably turns out they waited for R2 apps to come in before they make final decisions.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
So much for ethics...I always thought that you are competing with applicants within a certain round unless you are waitlisted !

homefry wrote:
Probably turns out they waited for R2 apps to come it before they make final decisions.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
lhotseface wrote:
So much for ethics...I always thought that you are competing with applicants within a certain round unless you are waitlisted !

homefry wrote:
Probably turns out they waited for R2 apps to come it before they make final decisions.

And technically rolling admissions means first come first served, so if you submit your application before another applicant that means you should know about the accept or ding before that applicant. That doesn't appear so.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
lhotseface wrote:
WBF,

Where else did you apply ? Any decisions ?

WBF wrote:

any updates anyone?

applied Darden Rd 2

only these two schools for now. no word on Darden yet
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
How soon after you submitted your appication did you receive the second confirmation emial saying that the adcomm received your app?

I submitted my app on Jan. 2, and I got an email saying that the app is submitted. It goes on to say that it should take 1-2 days for the adcomm to receive it and for me to receive an email.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
homefry wrote:
How soon after you submitted your appication did you receive the second confirmation emial saying that the adcomm received your app?

I submitted my app on Jan. 2, and I got an email saying that the app is submitted. It goes on to say that it should take 1-2 days for the adcomm to receive it and for me to receive an email.

im interested in knowing too... i submitted on jan 3rd and only received a "submitted" email... but not a second "confirmation" email like i got after submitting michigan few days ago(who also use the apply.embark site)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
homefry wrote:

in Rd1, it seemed that applicants received that "adcom received" email at the same time on the same day (automated email blast sent around midnight about a week or so after the deadline)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Did anyone apply to both Haas and Anderson? Whoa! Compared to Haas, the Anderson application was a cakewalk. Haas was very intense and involved.

Good luck to all of you other R2 applicants!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
xixtrays wrote:
Did anyone apply to both Haas and Anderson? Whoa! Compared to Haas, the Anderson application was a cakewalk. Haas was very intense and involved.

Good luck to all of you other R2 applicants!

I just remebered UCLA asks if you applied for graduate studies at any of the other UC universities. I applied to UC berkeley, but I said no.

I hope they don't check. :)

I figured they mean if I applied last year or years before. I could say thay at the time I answered the question, I didn't apply. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
finally we have some some sign of life! :-D

the Transcripts section of my application status page finally changed today...

Used to say:
/*
Transcripts RECEIVED
Please note that we have received a completed transcript template from you, but not official transcripts. While your application can now be evaluated, you cannot be offered admission to the university without official transcripts.
*/

now it simply says "RECEIVED"
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11