Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 14:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Any UW Foster 2011 applicants out there?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Any UW Foster 2011 applicants out there? [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2010, 10:41
Are there any UW Foster applicants out there? The R1 decision deadline is right around the corner (12/15) and I'm wondering if anyone has heard back yet.

My stats:
27 Female / 750 / 3.8 liberal arts / 5 years WE in consumer products marketing
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Any UW Foster applicants out there? [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2010, 08:15
applied to UW Foster R1 too. Interviewed Nov. 19th.

Talked to the admissions office awhile back and they said to expect all decisions by 5pm PST on Dec 15 for all R1 applicants. Best of luck.
Intern
Intern

Re: Any UW Foster applicants out there? [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2010, 07:02
Applied to Foster R1. Got an admit yesterday :-D
Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS 2013, Foster, McCombs, Stanford, Kellogg, Haas (Interview, w/d), Fuqua (Interview, w/d)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 9

Re: Any UW Foster applicants out there? [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2010, 14:12
R2 applicant here. Interviewed on 12/9 with Ad Com (I think all interviews do). The interview was cordial and straightforward, but not exactly warm and engaging. With that said, I would still be very excited to go to Foster. I have several friends who are there or have graduated, and everybody speaks highly of it. Plus, it provides excellent networking into the PNW.
Intern
Intern
Status: May be completely bald by the time the last app is submitted...
Schools: Foster, Kenan-Flagler, Mendoza, Tepper, McCombs, Merage
WE 1: 8 years
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Any UW Foster applicants out there? [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2010, 03:34
Hi there,

I applied November 15 and interviewed last week. Expecting a decision January 15 ish. Unless they choose to ding/accept me earlier?

Stats:
GMAT 640 (retaking in January)
GPA 3.5
8+ years WE in Financial Services and Entrepreneurship
Intern
Intern

Re: Any UW Foster applicants out there? [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2010, 10:56
Congrats abhijis!
Got my admit last week too!
Intern
Intern

Re: Any UW Foster applicants out there? [#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2010, 06:37
congrats to u too !!.. any word on the scholarships ?
Intern
Intern

Re: Any UW Foster applicants out there? [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2010, 14:53
no idea on the scholarships. have you heard anything?
Intern
Intern

Re: Any UW Foster applicants out there? [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2011, 06:42
nothing until now.
Intern
Intern

Re: Any UW Foster applicants out there? [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2011, 10:37
Anyone out there that got accepted and wants to post their stats, interview details, etc. would be much appreciated!

I applied Round 3, interviewed 2 weeks ago, in agony having to wait another month+ until decisions come out.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Any UW Foster applicants out there? [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2011, 15:28
There's another Foster thread floating around somewhere but I'll just add to this one: I interviewed the other week in Seattle. PACCAR Hall is really beautiful. I sat in on a class that was doing a case discussion which was interesting - great professor and participation from students (always nice to see it in action).

The interview had a lot of the "normal" questions but I noticed a lot of them were geared towards how you'll use the MBA degree, skills you'd bring to a job, etc. so defintiely career-based which is a bit different than some programs focusing on what you'd bring to the classroom/program itself. This line of questioning might have been based more on my S-T goals though.

Overall it was a good experience. I echo an earlier poster that the vibe was different than some other schools I've visited. Other programs really push more of the warm & fuzzy vibe whereas Foster was more cordial (hard to describe)? Ones not better than the other - just a different overall feeling. That said, the students and program seemed great so I've still got them near the top of my list.
Intern
Intern

Re: Any UW Foster applicants out there? [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2011, 17:35
Has anyone who applied in r3 received a decision?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Any UW Foster applicants out there? [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2011, 18:06
Afro64 wrote:
Has anyone who applied in r3 received a decision?

When I interviewed, she said to expect decisions mid- to late-March (forgot the exact date off the top of my head) but that there is a chance decisions might start getting released a bit earlier.
Intern
Intern
Schools: UMD Smith, MSU Broad w/$$, Northeastern w/$$$, PSU Smeal - cancelled int, withdrawn
WE 1: Real Estate - 4 yrs
WE 2: Manufacturing - 1 yr

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: Any UW Foster applicants out there? [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2011, 10:05
Perhaps this is slightly off topic, but the comment some of you made about the interviewer being "cordial" and not as "warm & engaging" reminded me about my experience living in Seattle. I applied to Foster last year, but got dinged. That standoffish, polite, aloof attitude is how lots of local Seattle people are. They're nice to you, but probably won't invite you to hang out afterwards; thus, many newcomers band together and form groups like "Seattle Anti-freeze." :-D Good luck to you all!!
Intern
Intern

Re: Any UW Foster applicants out there? [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2011, 19:04
I applied in R3 and was interviewed 3 weeks ago.
As i remembered, the interviewer also said the result would be released the latest end of March.
So, another one month to wait. Good luck to everyone!
Hopefully someone of us will hear from them soon!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Reviews Badge
Re: Any UW Foster applicants out there? [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2011, 13:51
Hi,

I applied Round 3, received an interview invitation on 2/1, and just got a phone call (1:43PM PST) -- I'm in!
Whew, I can sleep a little easier now, knowing that I'm going to school next fall.
Intern
Intern

Re: Any UW Foster applicants out there? [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2011, 15:04
Congrats, RuggedIdealist! When did you interview?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Reviews Badge
Re: Any UW Foster applicants out there? [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2011, 15:16
Thanks!!! I'm pretty stoked. I interviewed with AdCom on 2/8 in the Bay Area.
Intern
Intern

Re: Any UW Foster applicants out there? [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2011, 08:40
To RuggedIdealist:

Congratulations! Really happy for you that you got in!

Do you have any idea for how many days or rounds they would send out the admits?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: Any UW Foster applicants out there? [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2011, 10:54
Has anyone who was admitted to UW received some sort of merit-based scholarship? It doesn't seem like they give out very much $$.

Thanks!
Re: Any UW Foster applicants out there?   [#permalink] 03 Mar 2011, 10:54