Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Nov 2014, 20:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Anybody else have a pre-MBA complex?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

What is your greatest pre-MBA complex (if applicable)?

• 8% [6]
  • 13% [10]
  • 0% [0]
  • 2% [2]
  • 16% [12]
  • 30% [22]
  • 5% [4]
  • 5% [4]
  • 2% [2]
  • 15% [11]
TAGS:
Current Student
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 146 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Anybody else have a pre-MBA complex? [#permalink] New post 02 May 2007, 07:28
Mainly, I am a little worried about my Q skills. The highest score I ever achieved on any GMAT (real or practice) was a 45. A part of me says that the math won't be rocket science while another part is trembling with fear. Guess there's only one way to find out...
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Anybody else have a pre-MBA complex? [#permalink] New post 02 May 2007, 07:32
GMATT73 wrote:
Mainly, I am a little worried about my Q skills. The highest score I ever achieved on any GMAT (real or practice) was a 45. A part of me says that the math won't be rocket science while another part is trembling with fear. Guess there's only one way to find out...

Correction, with an exception to option #4, I probably suffer from a little of each of the above mentioned complexes. Surely it can't get any worse than that!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 02 May 2007, 09:08
Money issues/lack of savings are my main problem.
Current Student

Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 02 May 2007, 09:11
MoonShine wrote:

I hear you bro. If we were on a full ride scholarship or bankrolled by a rich uncle this wouldn't be a major concern. I'm facing ~$30K in debt, maybe more.
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 02 May 2007, 09:34
GMATT73 wrote:
MoonShine wrote:

I hear you bro. If we were on a full ride scholarship or bankrolled by a rich uncle this wouldn't be a major concern. I'm facing ~$30K in debt, maybe more.

Dude, thats peanuts compared to what many of us are looking at. I just put in the paperwork for a loan that would cover full tuition and living expenses. It really raised my stress level.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 40

Kudos [?]: 432 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 02 May 2007, 10:20
I guess I don't suffer from any of the things listed. I put on 10 pounds during the application process so I'll try to lose that before the start of school (maybe 15 would be better). Also, I don't feel old, but we'll see when I get to school as I'll definitely be among the older students in my class.

I'm really glad I won't have to worry about debt - I think it really leaves the options open for what I can do immediately after graduation. With no new debt, I'm much more likely to launch a new entrepreneurial venture sooner rather than later; and I'll also stress less about the economy and the state of the overall job market.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 02 May 2007, 10:22
My problem is that I am so frickin excited about going back to school that I can hardly sit still for 5 mins to get something done! Time seems to just stand still when I am at work. Yet my mind is flying in a 100 different directions without accomplishing anything. For example:

Do I need to transfer my drivers license? Do I need new sheets? Do I need a new laptop bag? Is my visa in order? Will I forget something when I move to school? Am I going to hate accounting?

I seriously need some retilin. Meanwhile I will just try to live one day at a time. *deap breath*
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 258

Kudos [?]: 1597 [0], given: 7

Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 02 May 2007, 10:23
Less than stellar math compentency -- 45 Math verbal... never scored higher than 48, and that might have been fluke. My true ability is probably closer to a 42.

Feeling a little old - definetly.

Getting through the next two years with a family -- I wonder how stressful it will be.

and the money freaks me out a bit too.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 02 May 2007, 10:41
Money, definitely $. What makes it even worse is that I might have to end up renting my house right now thanks to the craptastic housing market in DC! Oh well, I really do not care, I will be gone in < 3 months. Going this weekend to H town to pick out a place to dwell in the next two years and going to Bermuda May 19th....just killing time otherwise.
SVP
SVP
Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 180 [0], given: 2

[#permalink] New post 02 May 2007, 11:18
Hmmm...I'm not stoked about the debt, but dealing with money is what I do and I'll manage.

I am no math genius, but I've never had a problem with it before. It'll take some work, but that's why I am there.

So I picked other: After all the hassle of tax season, I am just not feeling up to all the hassle of moving, finding a house, etc. Especially because I have to get down there a month before ndhlp can join me, so I will be dealing with most of that crap on my own. I HATE moving. Hate it.
SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 02 May 2007, 11:39
Not worried about the course work...... I know once i put my head into it... I can do it.

The only concern is money $$$$$$$$. But I am too excited to dwell on it too much..... if I play my cards right...... I might end up with better deals before 2nd year
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 02 May 2007, 14:33
I'm worried about not getting in... will that put your worries in perspective? :maniac
VP
VP
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 185 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 02 May 2007, 14:50
I'm addicted to "24". But I bet it'll end soon.

Other than that, I'm Ok.
:lol:
L.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 258

Kudos [?]: 1597 [0], given: 7

Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 02 May 2007, 14:59
Nsentra wrote:
I'm worried about not getting in... will that put your worries in perspective? :maniac

Touche.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 40

Kudos [?]: 432 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 02 May 2007, 15:32
lepium wrote:
I'm addicted to "24". But I bet it'll end soon.

Other than that, I'm Ok.
:lol:
L.

I wait until 24 is out on DVD before watching. It definitely works better that way.
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 02 May 2007, 16:06
Pelihu - I couldn't agree more. Me and a couple of my friends caught on to 24 late, so we watched the first four seasons on DVD. Then when season 5 rolled around I knew there was no way I could just watch it one week at a time, so I waited for it to come out on DVD, while my friends watched it a week at a time. According to them it's not as good when you watch it broken up like that. It's great to spend a Sunday watching like a five episode block.
Current Student

Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 02 May 2007, 20:39
dukes wrote:
GMATT73 wrote:
MoonShine wrote:

Dude, thats peanuts compared to what many of us are looking at. I just put in the paperwork for a loan that would cover full tuition and living expenses. It really raised my stress level.

If I go for the Grad Plus supplement, then realistically I estimate my debt load to be more like $40~50K, still a huge chunk of change. The entire (out of stste) tuition at UW is pretty reasonable. The flip side is a higher cost of living.
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 157 [0], given: 3

[#permalink] New post 03 May 2007, 02:54
johnnyx9 wrote:
Pelihu - I couldn't agree more. Me and a couple of my friends caught on to 24 late, so we watched the first four seasons on DVD. Then when season 5 rolled around I knew there was no way I could just watch it one week at a time, so I waited for it to come out on DVD, while my friends watched it a week at a time. According to them it's not as good when you watch it broken up like that. It's great to spend a Sunday watching like a five episode block.

Sorry to hijack this thread since I haven't yet even applied. But just antecipating, I would be worried with English skills.

About the d@#"% series I am addicted to all of them: Prison Break, Lost, 24, an others. My record in 24 was 8 in a row (off course with break to eat something).

Who do you guys think would win a fight: Chuck Norris or Jack Bauer :roll: ?
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 03 May 2007, 04:19
johnnyx9 wrote:

Wow, do not know how you can resist the fact that there is a new episode out every Monday and wait until the end of the season. I watch it every week religiously. Prison break is another great one and so was Drive, but they canceled it :cry: As for Chuck Norris Vs. Jack Bauer, I think they would fight for eternity as neither EVER lose!
* Superman wears Jack Bauer Pajamas * :lol:
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 03 May 2007, 05:12
squali83 wrote:
johnnyx9 wrote:

Wow, do not know how you can resist the fact that there is a new episode out every Monday and wait until the end of the season. I watch it every week religiously. Prison break is another great one and so was Drive, but they canceled it :cry: As for Chuck Norris Vs. Jack Bauer, I think they would fight for eternity as neither EVER lose!
* Superman wears Jack Bauer Pajamas * :lol:

I agree, it would be an eternal fight with neither person losing, but somehow they would both win.
  [#permalink] 03 May 2007, 05:12