Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 01:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Anybody here take the GRE?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Anybody here take the GRE? [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2006, 10:06
If so, how do you feel it compares to the GMAT in level of difficulty?
If there anything about it that makes it much harder / easier?

Also, with the GMAT, generally scores of 700+ are considered to be good scores. What is that number for the GRE?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 421 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2006, 14:10
I have never taken the GRE, but years ago I helped someone study for it. I think the general consensus is that 700 on each section would be about equivalent to 700 on the GMAT. I think there is a difference in the quantitative abilities of the testing pools - much more competitive for the GMAT. Not surprising because some people take the GRE to study English or History in grad school.
VP
VP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2006, 16:16
I took the GRE CAT 7 years ago. Scored a 800 on the quant and analytical section (section which is no longer there). Recently, I only scored 49 (raw score) on the GMAT.

This could be because...
1. I was overconfident with my quant. skills.
2. I was too far removed from college when I took the GMAT and have lost my edge.
3. GMAT quant is harder than GRE quant

pelihu wrote:
I have never taken the GRE, but years ago I helped someone study for it. I think the general consensus is that 700 on each section would be about equivalent to 700 on the GMAT. I think there is a difference in the quantitative abilities of the testing pools - much more competitive for the GMAT. Not surprising because some people take the GRE to study English or History in grad school.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2006, 17:23
lhotseface wrote:
Recently, I only scored 49 (raw score) on the GMAT.

only... did you say "only"?

http://phdmilestone.blogspot.com/

VP
VP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2006, 19:56
That wasn't supposed to sound pompous..just that I expected my GRE performance to carry forward with GMAT. BTW, the demographic that I am in a qaunt score of 49 is average :(

tkkoh wrote:
lhotseface wrote:
Recently, I only scored 49 (raw score) on the GMAT.

only... did you say "only"?
  [#permalink] 17 Nov 2006, 19:56