Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 12:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Anybody in Atlanta?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Georgia Tech, University of Georgia,
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Anybody in Atlanta? [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2009, 11:04
Deadlines are looming. What part-time programs are you applying to? Emory, Tech, UGA, Georgia State...
Intern
Intern

Re: Anybody in Atlanta? [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2009, 00:21
I live in Atlanta. I will apply for MPA at Georgia State. I begin now to get prepared for GMAT exam.
Have you already passed the exam?

Isabella
Intern
Intern

Re: Anybody in Atlanta? [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2009, 05:58
Yes, I took the GMAT last month. I'm applying to Tech (due 5/1) this week and maybe UGA's 2 year cohort program. I wanted to go to Emory, their information session made the program sound amazing, but $72k is a lot!

Are you from the area? I decided not to looks at the GSU programs based on the lack of "brand recognition" but their part-time program is highly ranked. What made you choose GSU?
Intern
Intern

Re: Anybody in Atlanta? [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2009, 09:26
I chose GSU because I wanted to pursue a Master in Professional Accountancy. I will get soon my BA in finance and wanted to go an Accountant program. I still can try a MBA but I really do not know. Howewer, to put all chances behind me, I will apply to Emory and GSU. How was the test for you? I do not know how to begin. Could you give me some tips? It is kind of scaring.

Isabella
Intern
Intern

Re: Anybody in Atlanta? [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2009, 09:28
If I apply it will be for a full time student. I lost too much time and I live in Buckhead area. What about you? What specialization are you in?

Isabella
Intern
Intern

Re: Anybody in Atlanta? [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2009, 09:39
It wasn't too bad. I took a prep course through GSU. You might want to look into it, a lot of the students in the course were prospective GSU applicants.

http://robinson.gsu.edu/executive/execed/programs/gmat/index.html

Dr. Cohen provides his own text and teaches a lot of tips and tricks. He recommended taking the test 2 weeks after the course ends but suggest you take extra time, unless your practice exam scores are close to your desired score.

I did very well on verbal and got a 6 on AWA but my quant score was dissapointing. I did much better on practice exams than the actual exam.
Re: Anybody in Atlanta?   [#permalink] 17 Apr 2009, 09:39