Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:31 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 193 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Consulting, Marketing
Schools:Tuck, Ross (R1), Duke, Tepper, ISB (R2), Kenan Flagler (R2)
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Re: Anyone attending MBATour in NYC on Sept 6th ? [#permalink]
Don't ask stupid questions you can find on the website of the school. If you can find the answer somewhere then don't ask the question. I went to the MBA Tour in Houston last night and I don't think I heard one intelligent question. Most people asked about the 'minimum GMAT', given my profile will I get in, etc. Don't be that guy. Do some research about the schools you want to see and ask a well informed question. If you can't think of anything intelligent, then ask a leading question that will get them to talk about a program or class they may not have mentioned.

For instance, "Can you talk a little about your rolling admission process?" (If they have one, of course)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
Don't have very high expectations. I attended a similar "Inside the MBA" event in New York a few weeks earlier and the few recent grads that were there with their school tables were totally mobbed. There was a line 10-15 minutes deep to get in a minute or two worth of face time with the admissions representatives. Half the people are there are just starting out with their application journeys and are completely ill informed about the process and schools. One guy on my table told me stone faced he was interested in Wharton, McDonough and Thunderbird - and of course, that made total sense because they're all very similar schools. :roll:

So don't worry about preparing intelligent questions, just ask what you want to know, even if it's somewhat daft. There's going to someone else with a truly ridiculous question ("so, what career should I pursue after my MBA?") and at the end of the day no one on the admissions committee is going to remember you. But obviously, if you ask any "profile evaluation" questions of them - the response is going to be the same "we evaluate each applicant holistically" across the board.

Things may be different at the MBA Tour since it's an all day event unlike Inside the MBA, but I just wanted to give you fair warning beforehand. I'll be spending my $5 at the local Irish pub.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Guys,
Thanks for all your responses. I finally decided you not go to the event. I thought about it. I have a lot of work to do on my essays and recos. I also spoke to a friend who is at Tuck and gave me pretty much the same background that you folks gave. After hearing that, I thought I can utilize my time better. Thanks again.
GMAT Club Bot