Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:10 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have accounts on several sites, I never even go on linkedin though and have never really built much of a profile. I have had a myspace account for years. I got invited by a cousin who went to school with Tom, the founder, when it first started. During my research for schools I looked up profiles of current students and alumni from schools I was interested in. Amazingly most of the profiles I would describe as very unprofessional and pretty much stereotypical frat boyish in their content.

I do have a friend who works in HR for a major company and they do check people out on myspace since it can be much more telling than an interview. So with that knowledge I wouldn't put anything on there you wouldn't show your boss or your mom without being embarrassed.

I keep mine since its a great way to get back in touch with people and stay in touch. I have reconnected with people I went to high school with and haven't talked to in a decade. One of my friends actually met back up with his first childhood girlfriend and they are married now. So it has its good points but then again I am not going to post pictures of myself doing something compromising to be funny and I would write anything about myself that I wouldnt tell other people. I dont add people I dont know or that I wouldnt want to know. I delete comments that are in poor taste. Its what you make of it, in reality a Linkedin account could be a usefull tool in school to maintain a network and connect with alumni.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I really like LinkedIn, but made sure to keep the profile private. There's just too much down side to putting that much information out for public viewing. All of my contacts and their contacts can view it though, which is fine. It's already been helpful, because I found Chicago headhunters for my wife through some of the contacts in there.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nope, not too comfortable either with how the internet has become the new personal white pages. I prefer to remain unlisted.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]