Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 04:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Anyone else getting the jitters?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Schools: Wharton
Followers: 18

Kudos [?]: 102 [0], given: 0

Anyone else getting the jitters? [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2009, 17:49
I know I know - I am still about 4 months away from day 1 of classes, but I am starting to get the jitters! Suddenly figuring out that I have so much to do in these 4 months..figuring out housing, roommates, finances, visa process (for us internationals), how the heck do I move my entire apartment across 4 states?!, when do I quit work and cut off the cord to the paychecks!

Starting to feel the heat behind me now and that little bit of nervousness whether I am mentally prepared for a serious drop in lifestyle and living cheaply. Of course, all of this is bundled with oodles of excitement and part of me can't wait!

Anyone else feeling the jitters?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Schools: Kellogg '10
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: Anyone else getting the jitters? [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2009, 17:59
Kellogg's 1Y program, with about a 95% chance I will be attending, starts in mid-June! :shock: :shock:

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Schools: Georgetown, UNC, UCLA, Duke, Wake Forest
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Anyone else getting the jitters? [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2009, 18:10
I've had this from the moment I decided I wanted to go back to school. Nervous excitement over filling out applications and re-drafting essays for the umpteenth time, filled with nothing but hopes and possibilities. Once acceptances start coming in, you start to get excited about those other things...housing, new friends in a new city, drastic changes to your lifestyle. You're giddy with anticipation, nervously excited with a hint of apprehension over whether you've made the right choice (Did I pick the right school? Is now truly the time for me?).

All I know is, good times are ahead for us all. I can't wait...I want it to start now!

http://omnemba.blogspot.com

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Anyone else getting the jitters? [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2009, 12:29
Absolutely man... I think everyone has it to some extent. As a career switcher leaving a steady gig to go +/- 140k in the hole and try to break into something new, I have a more than healthy dose. It's a big leap for all of us but I'm heartened that there are so many talented, enthusiastic folks who are going along for the ride. We're going to rock it out and achieve some awesome things.
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Anyone else getting the jitters? [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2009, 12:34
yea realizing the amount of debt I will have and trying to figure out how I am going to live on peanuts in school is making me sick !
VP
VP
Schools: Tuck
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Anyone else getting the jitters? [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2009, 12:42
I'm freaking out about the drastic lifestyle change I'll undergo (and the process it takes to get to that point).

I haven't been in school for almost 7 years. To go from the 9-5 job with a steady income to no job and a crap load of debt is certainly making my mind spin at times.

Thinking about the entire thing makes me nervous, but it's the good kind of nervous.

RF

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Schools: Wharton '11
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Anyone else getting the jitters? [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2009, 13:05
Same here, guys. A bit panicked with taking on massive debts. On top of regular tuitions, I am concerned about not being willing to shell extra money for all the trips/treks/activities available during school. I know that I can't live like a monk and that these actitivities are great, but with the sticker shock, I am concerned my first reflex will be to skip on that.
Re: Anyone else getting the jitters?   [#permalink] 23 Mar 2009, 13:05