Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 14:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Anyone interested in Essay Swapping?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: USMC
Schools: Darden '12
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [1] , given: 22

Anyone interested in Essay Swapping? [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2009, 07:51
This post received
KUDOS
I wanted to know if there was any interest in applicants of the same program, wanting to do some essay swaps and edit each others. It gives us here at GMATClub, a way we can help out each other, even more.

I know that GMATClub has an "essay bank", but access into it requires some unGodly number of posts (like 3 billion or so) which, would only qualify those who asks a huge amount of questions during their GMAT study time portion and asks tons of questions during the researching of various MBA programs, or those already in an MBA program, who simply help everyone here a ton.

Those of us who make up the bulk of the members by participating by both asking questions and assisting our fellow forum mates without having posts reminiscent of twitter, seem to start with posts that number around 30+.

So I wanted to know if there was any interest in members applying to the same schools, wanting to swap essays to get personal feedback, without bugging the standard senior members or those who have already attending school, and rarely come back to the forums.

Thoughts?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Anyone interested in Essay Swapping? [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2009, 08:04
My apps are all in, but I'm happy to review essays if I have time; I posted as much on my blog. I've reviewed for a number of folks, and I enjoy it. Send me a PM with any essay you want comments on and I'll respond when I get time.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Haas, Booth, Kellogg, Stanford

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 3

Re: Anyone interested in Essay Swapping? [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2009, 19:23
I would be down for it. I have the majority of my essays written for Round 2, but would be willing to swap. Please PM me if interested.

Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.
- Norman Cousins

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: USMC
Schools: Darden '12

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 22

Re: Anyone interested in Essay Swapping? [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2010, 01:05
Terrific,

I guess the best way to tackle this is for those who are willing to swap, is to say so with which programs they want to swap for. Then it can be more than just members PMing me, but allows others to PM you and whoever else is posting. We can also up the "security" by not allowing swaps based upon the number of posts we feel is comfortable enough to be a mutual player, rather than just a user (taker/lurker), and require them to post on this thread that they're a willing to swaper.

Or maybe i'm over thinking this...

Regardless, I'll start out.

Willing to swap:
HBS, Stanford, Kellogg, & LBS
Consortium Core essays + Darden, McComb, Marshall

miccarlo: I'll send you my Kellogg and Stanford when I'm done with it. Still got a ways to go though. Hopefully done with a Stanford draft by this weekend.

Last bumped by lakai777 on 02 Jan 2010, 01:05.

Re: Anyone interested in Essay Swapping?   [#permalink] 02 Jan 2010, 01:05