Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Dec 2014, 20:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Anyone knows about suing the University ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Anyone knows about suing the University ? [#permalink] New post 24 Aug 2006, 11:48
What do the University generally do when students complain about its lecturer? Just curious

From I heard, US Universities normally fire their lecturers immediately after a number of students make a complaint, do they?

I ask so because I am now going to make a law suit to my MSc Finance Programme (UK University) for neglecting to deal with the students' complaint properly. 90% of the class informed the programme director that one of the lecturer in the class totally sucks. His lectures are not comprehensible. Every single lecture note contains so many mis-typos. His method of assessment is unclear (he never states or clarifies how he marks the papers). Last year, his exam answers contain so many errors that they don't know how to deal with that and just let everyone in the programme past the course.

Later, I just know the reason behind this. The programme director is doing his PhD with that course lecturer :!:

I wonder whether this is the case in US?

I am now considering suing the University for wasting my time, my money, and most importantly, my future. I would be really appreciated if you guys can give me some advice about this.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 260

Kudos [?]: 1617 [0], given: 7

Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 24 Aug 2006, 18:26
I think you are wasting your time. There are good professors and bad professors. A single prof cant possibly ruin your future. Just move on.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2006, 12:31
Do you think this makes sence?

At first, when I approached the course lecturer, he said I got the low mark because I did "X" wrong. But later I proved that my "X" is not wrong. He then refused to discuss with me anymore, claiming that he had no time.

Later, I approached the programme director and explained to him the "X". He then replied to me that whether or no "X" is wrong, I still deserve 57% because my grammar is poor <--- Do you think this make sence???

This is why I am so angry. The course lecturer said himself that he punished my paper from "X", how come my mark is still the same when I prove that "X" is nonsence?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 260

Kudos [?]: 1617 [0], given: 7

Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2006, 12:53
I think, what they are trying to say is, notwithstanding X, given the poor grammar, you still wouldn't deserve a higher grade. It's a tough position, but its not necessarily unwarranted.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2006, 09:43
Of course, I know what they are trying to say. It is so ridiculous.