Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 22:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Anyone taken the 9week Manhattan classroom course?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 0

Anyone taken the 9week Manhattan classroom course? [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2008, 15:28
I've just signed up for the 9wk Manhattan GMAT bootcamp. Has anyone taken this course?

When you completed it were you ready for the gmat or did you need extra training?

Thoughts?
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Schools: NYU Stern '11
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 205 [0], given: 22

Re: Anyone taken the 9week Manhattan classroom course? [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2008, 18:11
I took the 9 wk. classroom course. I couldn't keep up with weekly homework assignments so I took a month or so between the completion of the course and the actual GMAT to catch up on stuff I'd fallen behind on and take some more practice CAT's.

A number of folks in my class took the test within 2 weeks of the course's conclusion, however. I don't know how well they did.
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

Re: Anyone taken the 9week Manhattan classroom course? [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2008, 08:14
I took it. Gave myself another month or so to study after the conclusion of the course. Raised my score 60 points, so for me it was worth it.

...there ain't no such thing as a free lunch...

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Anyone taken the 9week Manhattan classroom course? [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2008, 08:03
I am in the 9 week class now, and keeping up with the homework is challenging with a full time job and volunteer work going on at the same time. I have a 4 day weekend coming up so hopefully I will catch up by then. So far, the class is great.

How did those of you who completed the class do on the actual exam?
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

Re: Anyone taken the 9week Manhattan classroom course? [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2008, 09:38
Pennywise77 wrote:
I am in the 9 week class now, and keeping up with the homework is challenging with a full time job and volunteer work going on at the same time. I have a 4 day weekend coming up so hopefully I will catch up by then. So far, the class is great.

How did those of you who completed the class do on the actual exam?

I raised my score from a 680 to 740. For my raw scores, my quant went up 6 points and my verbal, 3.

...there ain't no such thing as a free lunch...

SVP
SVP
Schools: NYU Stern '11
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 205 [0], given: 22

Re: Anyone taken the 9week Manhattan classroom course? [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2008, 10:43
Another 740 here. That was the only time I took the test, but no doubt that without the MGMAT class I would have struggled to break 650.
Re: Anyone taken the 9week Manhattan classroom course?   [#permalink] 11 Feb 2008, 10:43