Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 06:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Anyone thinks the official answer is incorrect?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Anyone thinks the official answer is incorrect? [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2009, 21:22
Hi guys,

The attached RC question apprears in one of the Princeton practice tests. The correct answer is E. However, I don't see how the first paragraph is 'refuting' any idea at all!! I think it simply states what the US's foreign policy was like between WW2 and the end of the Soviet Union.

Anyone agrees with me or thinks the official answer is right?

Monkey.
Attachments

verbal RC forum.doc [69 KiB]
Downloaded 259 times

To download please login or register as a user

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 9

Re: Anyone thinks the official answer is incorrect? [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2009, 22:28
i think its incorrect>>>and the answr shud be D
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q51 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 21

Re: Anyone thinks the official answer is incorrect? [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2009, 22:44
treemonkey wrote:
Hi guys,

The attached RC question apprears in one of the Princeton practice tests. The correct answer is E. However, I don't see how the first paragraph is 'refuting' any idea at all!! I think it simply states what the US's foreign policy was like between WW2 and the end of the Soviet Union.

Anyone agrees with me or thinks the official answer is right?

Monkey.

I have to agree with you on this.

When they ask you the purpose of first passage, you don't have to concern yourself with anything else.

The sole purpose of first passage, I can think of is - ''Post world war II foreign policy".

But, option D says 'post - 1930s'. It's never mentioned anywhere.
After going through all options I don't think any answer is accurate. But, if I have to chose the best out of it, I would go for 'D'.

'E' is not even tangentially related to first passage.

I am ready to fall, but not before I fly.

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Anyone thinks the official answer is incorrect? [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2009, 01:00
Good to know someone out there thinks the same -- I thought I'd gone insane and just couldn't see the obvious.Thanks for the replies guys.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 23

GMAT Tests User
Re: Anyone thinks the official answer is incorrect? [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2009, 13:06
I concur with D. It's obviously a mistake. I would not lose sleep over it.
Re: Anyone thinks the official answer is incorrect?   [#permalink] 17 Aug 2009, 13:06