Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 00:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Apply before retaking the GMAT?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Apply before retaking the GMAT? [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2009, 19:55
Hi,

I will retake GMAT in early January 2010 but most of the schools that I am applying to have deadlines by 5th Jan, 2010. So I am planning to submit my application with current GMAT score(620: Q 45, V 31) and report the new GMAT score to schools after I retake the test. Could anyone please clarify my doubt: Would the schools accept my new score after my application has been submitted and if they do, would my application be considered to be submitted in Round 1 or next round?

Thanks!
Maddy
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Schools: IU KSB
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 66

Re: Apply before retaking the GMAT? [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2009, 20:21
madie wrote:
Hi,

I will retake GMAT in early January 2010 but most of the schools that I am applying to have deadlines by 5th Jan, 2010. So I am planning to submit my application with current GMAT score(620: Q 45, V 31) and report the new GMAT score to schools after I retake the test. Could anyone please clarify my doubt: Would the schools accept my new score after my application has been submitted and if they do, would my application be considered to be submitted in Round 1 or next round?

Thanks!
Maddy

As far as I know some Schools do so but it would be a good idea if you talk to the schools you are applying to regarding this matter. They can give you a time line to submit your second test score. All the best.

P.S. - I did so, my application deadline was 15th Nov 2009. I am retaking GMAT in December.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 17

Re: Apply before retaking the GMAT? [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2009, 21:23
i'm retaking in Jan. the due date for the one i'm applying to is Jan 19th. will take it by Jan 10. It takes a few days for the scores to reach the schools. should be okay i guess.

"Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working."
→ Although that didn't quite get me to HBS, so obviously the quotation is a little idealistic.

Re: Apply before retaking the GMAT?   [#permalink] 19 Nov 2009, 21:23