I would really appreciate any help.
I am currently scoring a 600/620 on CATs. I have been studying for 4-5 months but I've been studying on and off.
I would like to get a 700+. I would assume that I can get there after 6-8 weeks of studying putting me at a GMAT date of December 22nd or so.
I will be late for several round 2 deadlines. Should I wait and apply for the following year or go ahead with a round 3?
Age -30 as of today
8 years of work exp as an engineer in the silicon valley
Undergrad - top 10 engineering school
Part-time masters while working full-time
Post MBA goals - Business development & strategy in tech.
Is my age a disadvantage if I wait?
Target schools - Duke, Kelley, ucla, instead
Thanks a lot
I would suggest you to start putting in some serious effort in your GMAT prep and take the exam as soon as possible. Also, start working on your essays side by side. Wherever you can apply in round 2, go ahead, else apply in round 3. It is better than waiting for a year. 30 or 31 doesn't matter. What matters is what you do in this one year. If you don't see adding much value to your profile in this time, it is best to apply as soon as possible. Even if you are unable to get the desired school this year, you can apply next year with some prior application and interview experience. All the effort you put in with either bear fruit or increase your understanding of the process for next year. The only downside is money but if you have been working for 8 yrs, I assume money will not be a problem.
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
Veritas Prep GMAT course is coming to India. Enroll in our weeklong Immersion Course that starts March 29!
Veritas Prep Reviews