Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:37 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3670 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Apply in round 3 or wait and apply next year for fall2 [#permalink]
Thank you Kimberly and GmatPill,

I have a few follow up questions.
1. If I do happen to have to wait another year and apply for Fall 2014, what schools would be receptive considering my age?

2. I am also considering the part-time mba at Berkeley.
a. How competitive is the PT MBA at berkeley. Do you know the acceptance rate? With a 700+ GMAT score and 8 years of work experience in the silicon valley as
an engineer will I be competitive enough.
b. Also, do you feel since I am older, the PT program at Berkeley would suit me better. With a PT MBA from Berkeley can I break into business development and
strategy type roles in tech?
c. Also, do you know if PT MBA programs expect candidates to already have Managerial experience. I am an engineer and although I have been a team lead and
a customer account lead, I have not held a managerial title.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your help.
Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Send PM
2. I am also considering the part-time mba at Berkeley. EXCELLENT CHOICE. YOU CAN'T GET MUCH BETTER THAN THIS. YOU ARE LUCKY TO HAVE SUCH A QUALITY PART TIME PROGRAM IN YOUR REGION.
a. How competitive is the PT MBA at berkeley. Do you know the acceptance rate? With a 700+ GMAT score and 8 years of work experience in the silicon valley as
an engineer will I be competitive enough. IT IS VERY COMPETITIVE TO GET IN; HOWEVER, WITH A DECENT GMAT SCORE AND A STRONG APPLICATION YOU SHOULD BE A COMPETITIVE APPLICANT. JUST TRY TO DISTINGUISH YOURSELF FROM THE MASSES OF CANDIDATES WHO APPLY FROM THE TECH INDUSTRY.
b. Also, do you feel since I am older, the PT program at Berkeley would suit me better. With a PT MBA from Berkeley can I break into business development and
strategy type roles in tech? YES, THIS IS A MUCH BETTER FIT. YES, YOU CAN MAKE THE TRANSITION.
c. Also, do you know if PT MBA programs expect candidates to already have Managerial experience. I am an engineer and although I have been a team lead and
a customer account lead, I have not held a managerial title. YOU WILL FIND THE CLASS TO BE INCREDIBLY DIVERSE. GIVEN YOUR AGE, ADMISSIONS WOULD EXPECT SOME KIND OF LEADERSHIP/MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE.

GOOD LUCK.

KIMBERLY PLAGA
SENIOR ADMISSIONS CONSULTANT
MANHATTAN REVIEW
GMAT Club Bot