Hi.In my first attempt my gmat score was 590-quant.41 and verbal 31.The B-school's gmat score limit which i'm going to apply is just 550.How do you evaluating my chance?Is it wise to apply now or retake gmat or apply next semester?
Well it depends.
1) What does "limit" mean?
1a) "No less than";
1b) the lower bound of the 80% range (with top 10% and bottom 10% removed;
1c) the average score of past year's class?
2) Do you feel you have the (2a) background and (2b) ability to present your own skills as a good marketer =)
3) do you intend to apply for financial aid (to the school itself or to outside organizations that provide aid)
4) do you depend on such aid?
5) Do you have 3-5 months at your disposal to prepare a bit more?
6) Is this the only school you are applying to? Would you consider better schools if you had a better score?
If 1c is true and if 2a and 2b are true, but 4 and 5 are not - then, indeed, go for it and focus on the rest of your application.
If 1a or 1b or 3 or 4 or 6 are true, it would be probably better to bite the pain and study some more (if 5 is true too =)
Good luck, Zahra!
If you found my contribution helpful, please click the +1 Kudos button on the left, I kinda need some =)
When you give kudos, you do not lose your previously earned kudos, you rather contribute to the forum's culture of appreciation.