Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 05:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Apply this year or wait for next year?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Apply this year or wait for next year? [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2006, 11:25
Dear all,

I need your advice on that.

My profile is : Egyptian female, B.A. in Business administration and economics, 6 yrs as a financial consultant, GPA 3.9, took the GMAT 2 days ago and scored 570

I aim to join one of the top 10 programs and i realize that i need to re-take the GMAT .

However, if i have to raise my GMAT score from 570 to at least 680, it will take me 2-3 months of practice i assume. Now the second round of application at my two targeted US programs (Wharton and Chicago) ends in early Jan. This means that i have to re-take the GMAT in early December if i am to make it to the MBA prgoram in Sept. 2007 in these schools.

My concern is that: i dont believe that i will make the necessary improvement in GMAT score in one month. I have two options:

1- to re-take the GMAT in 2-3 months and apply for the schools in the third round (though chances of acceptance in that round are really slim)

2- Postpone application altogether to next year until i am confident in my GMAT score.

What do you think? Any suggestions?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2006, 16:09
well i'd take the GMAT first and then decide... if u can make it for the 2nd round byt eh time ur done with ur GMAT then i say go for it... also u can prepare in advance by at least getting transcripts togehter... thats ALWAYS a pain to do

A.P.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 256

Kudos [?]: 1577 [0], given: 7

Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2006, 17:14
If there is no major reason to apply this year - retake the GMAT, get the score you want, and start researching schools. Apply first round next year.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2006, 23:57
Thanks guys for your response. I will definitely re-take the GMAT again and see. I hope i can make it in fall 2007.
  [#permalink] 08 Nov 2006, 23:57