Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 05:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Apply to INSEAD 3rd rnd Jan08 intake & 1st rnd Sep08 int

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Apply to INSEAD 3rd rnd Jan08 intake & 1st rnd Sep08 int [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2007, 12:00
Does it make any kinda sense to apply to the 3rd round of the INSEAD Jan 08 intake and also to the 1st round of the Sept 08 intake (assuming a ding at the first attempt - extremely likely)?

I'm wondering how the adcom would view this - would it look like a candidate determined to get to INSEAD, or would it look like one determined to p**s off the adcom?
Also wondering about the similarity of the essays submitted so close to each other.

:roll:

Fig, necro, karlfurt - guys, plz help!! others too!! :lol:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Apply to INSEAD 3rd rnd Jan08 intake & 1st rnd Sep08 [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2007, 18:33
If you apply in the 3rd round, and don't happen to get admitted, then you won't have anything new to add to your application or to address your weak points when you reapply few months later.

If you think you have a strong profile (lot of international experience, leadership experience. a good GPA, a good GMAT and you are neither Indian nor French), then I feel you might have a very good chance even in the 3rd round. The impression I get is that INSEAD's 3rd round is not as difficult as the 3rd round in the US schools.

But apply in the 3rd round, only if you feel that you are well prepared. Rushing your application will only make it look like you haven't considered INSEAD seriously.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2007, 00:55
paddyboy :)... mst is resuming the situation very well... :)

I also believe as u felt actually that the 2 dates are too near & the risk is great that u could be dinged in R3. And so, it should be very hard to prouve that u are so much better for the R1.... I would recommand to keep the shot for R1, but not if u are sure to have a good chance :)

Good luck ! :D :)
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2007, 12:02
Thanks.

International Experience - Yes
Leadership Experience - Yes
GPA - Yes
GMAT - Yes
Indian - Hell Yes

mst wrote:
If you think you have a strong profile (lot of international experience, leadership experience. a good GPA, a good GMAT and you are neither Indian nor French), then I feel you might have a very good chance even in the 3rd round.

What?! :arh I'm going to apply to R3 just for the heck of it, and if I'm dinged for being Indian, I'd be happy I didn't get in.

Now don't get me wrong - what you mention is undoubtedly from your experience and knowledge, and I don't contest that - but I am what I am, and will not be thwarted on account of this. In the end its not my school, its who I am that matters.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2007, 13:23
The only thing I will say here is that in the final round most schools try and emphasise more on the diversity factor as they always bear in mind the class they already have and pick up the best candidates that will also add to the diversity factor. Having said that, a good profile will always get noticed. However, if you are from a very large candidate pool, it becomes slightly more difficult to differentiate yourself against those with similar backgrounds.

However, the end decision is definitely yours. When I applied to Insead, I had to choose between applying for R3 Sept 2007 and R1 Jan 2007 - the deadline date for both these rounds was the same but I preferred to apply for R1 Jan 2008 - only because I desperately want Insead and did not want to do anything to undermine my chances even marginally. Hopefully, the decision will pay off when final results are declared in 13 days :-)

Madhu
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2007, 11:04
No doubt - very sure that you and mst and fig are right. :lol:

But it gets irritating when you keep getting branded as part of the 'Indian IT' stereotype. And frustrating.

Especially at this point of time. Gaaaaaaaaaaaah :rocket

Anyways, thanks for letting me rant in peace... :P

Madhu, may I PM you for some info on INSEAD.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2007, 05:18
Yea sure - anytime
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2007, 08:27
RajeshSuseelan wrote:
The only thing I will say here is that in the final round most schools try and emphasise more on the diversity factor as they always bear in mind the class they already have and pick up the best candidates that will also add to the diversity factor. Having said that, a good profile will always get noticed. However, if you are from a very large candidate pool, it becomes slightly more difficult to differentiate yourself against those with similar backgrounds.

However, the end decision is definitely yours. When I applied to Insead, I had to choose between applying for R3 Sept 2007 and R1 Jan 2007 - the deadline date for both these rounds was the same but I preferred to apply for R1 Jan 2008 - only because I desperately want Insead and did not want to do anything to undermine my chances even marginally. Hopefully, the decision will pay off when final results are declared in 13 days :-)

Madhu

Quick questions madhu...are you both RajeshSuseelan and MadhuRajesh...or are these 2 users different? Just curious

I believe its yogurt!

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2007, 09:13
gmatmba wrote:
Quick questions madhu...are you both RajeshSuseelan and MadhuRajesh...or are these 2 users different? Just curious

:lol:

Is that why my PM is stuck in my outbox since the last 3-4 days...
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2007, 12:54
I dont know why I have been having problems off and on logging in with my ID so end up using my husband's id - both of us are registered users because both of us are MBA aspirants - I have applied and he is applying now. I prefer if you send a pm to my ID as that is checked more frequently.

Sorry for all the confusion.

Madhu
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Jun 2007, 05:59
Thanks for the clarification! Looks like a case of 'two heads are better than one' :wink:

I'll PM you at your ID as well. Thanks again!
  [#permalink] 23 Jun 2007, 05:59