Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 18:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Applying for Spring term vs. Fall term - Part-Time Program

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Applying for Spring term vs. Fall term - Part-Time Program [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2007, 04:23
Hi Paul,

I'm interested in applying for NYU Stern-Langone Part-time MBA program (Entertainment, Media & Technology Specialization) in the future and would like to ask your opinion on whether to apply for spring term or fall term. I've been working in a media industry. I will be taking a new job next month to show further career progression. By the time I apply for Spring 2009 , I will have 4.5 years of work experience. When I start school, I will have 5 years of work experience and be 27.5.

Does the application pool for the spring term generally more competitive than the fall term? What's the advantage and disadvantage on applying for the spring term?

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Fani
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Applying for Spring term vs. Fall term - Part-Time Progr [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2007, 08:52
omomo wrote:
Hi Paul,

I'm interested in applying for NYU Stern-Langone Part-time MBA program (Entertainment, Media & Technology Specialization) in the future and would like to ask your opinion on whether to apply for spring term or fall term. I've been working in a media industry. I will be taking a new job next month to show further career progression. By the time I apply for Spring 2009 , I will have 4.5 years of work experience. When I start school, I will have 5 years of work experience and be 27.5.

Does the application pool for the spring term generally more competitive than the fall term? What's the advantage and disadvantage on applying for the spring term?

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Fani

Fani,

Interesting question. I don't have any data breaking out the Spring versus Fall admission rates, but my guess would be that the spring term would be less competitive since people generally apply in the fall and winter terms for B-school. I can't imagine what the downside would be of applying for the spring term. If that timing is the best one for you, then go for it.

Good luck,

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2007, 11:19
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will shoot for spring 2009 enrollment. This will still leave me plenty of time to improve my candidacy. I've been team-leading and volunteering for different non-profit organization for years. So, I don't think I have to join more. Quality is more important than quantity. Now, I'm just unsure whether I should take some accounting/finance courses again to improve my odd. The only business courses I took in college were economic and intro accounting. I got A in both courses.

Thanks,
Fani
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2007, 14:34
omomo wrote:
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will shoot for spring 2009 enrollment. This will still leave me plenty of time to improve my candidacy. I've been team-leading and volunteering for different non-profit organization for years. So, I don't think I have to join more. Quality is more important than quantity. Now, I'm just unsure whether I should take some accounting/finance courses again to improve my odd. The only business courses I took in college were economic and intro accounting. I got A in both courses.

Thanks,
Fani

Fani,

If you have a 700+ GMAT you should not worry about taking accounting/finance classes now.

Good luck,

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter