Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 04:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Applying to ISB,IIM (A,B,C,L) for the class of 2012

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Followers: 63

Kudos [?]: 395 [0], given: 56

GMAT Tests User
Re: Applying to ISB,IIM (A,B,C,L) for the class of 2012 [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2010, 21:00
JoyLibs wrote:
CAn someone give me details about the courses in IIMs which we can apply via GMAT. Any specific link that you can share?

Check out this link, this would be helpful to you:
indian-b-schools-accepting-gmat-scores-82525.html

ISB 2011-12 thread | Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB
All information related to Indian candidates and B-schools | Indian B-schools accepting GMAT scores
Self evaluation for Why MBA?

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Applying to ISB,IIM (A,B,C,L) for the class of 2012 [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2010, 21:13
punagr wrote:
Thanks Bigoyal, will have a look. Looks like you have been digging for quite some time now :lol:
Would be great if you could share your e-mail ID.

Yeah, I applied in isb R1 last yr, was dinged after the interview. Applied in IIM-A didn't get a call. Applying to IIM's 1 yr program require different exp, I mean they seek people with good managerial exp, and generally the avg class exp is much higher as compared to isb. I would be applying to isb this yr again. IIMs may not work for my profile.

I will pm you with my mail-id. tc.

All information related to Indian candidates and B-schools | Indian B-schools accepting GMAT scores

Manager
Manager
Schools: ISB
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Applying to ISB,IIM (A,B,C,L) for the class of 2012 [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2010, 03:36
Can some one give details in how much time one can get details of score after writing the exam?

Thanks in advance.

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Applying to ISB,IIM (A,B,C,L) for the class of 2012 [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2010, 21:01
RenukaD wrote:
Can some one give details in how much time one can get details of score after writing the exam?

Thanks in advance.

You'll be able to see your scores immediately after the exam. The official score card would be available to you in around 5-10 days.

As per the GMAC site, the official scores are sent to b-schools within 20 days. Check the below link:
http://www.mba.com/mba/thegmat/schedule ... chools.htm

Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 16

Indian MBA..Targets IIMA PGPX or ISB 2010... [#permalink] New post 10 May 2010, 23:26
Hi everyone..

I thought of starting a thread for all those who are targeting IIMA PGPX or ISB 2010 to discuss various issues related to these B-schools...

About Myself : I have just started the GMAT prep and targeting these schools this year..

Regards
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 45

GMAT Tests User
Re: Indian MBA..Targets IIMA PGPX or ISB 2010... [#permalink] New post 11 May 2010, 09:15
sag wrote:
Hi everyone..

I thought of starting a thread for all those who are targeting IIMA PGPX or ISB 2010 to discuss various issues related to these B-schools...

About Myself : I have just started the GMAT prep and targeting these schools this year..

Regards

I think ISB is better than IIM's PGPX course..

Click on kudos, if you like my post!

Manager
Manager

Re: Applying to ISB,IIM (A,B,C,L) for the class of 2012 [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 04:48
Is there anyone who is targeting these Schools this year i.e August , September 2010 and is yet to appear GMAT...?
So that v can join to share our regular improvements and help each other...

Regards
Manager
Manager
Schools: INSEAD - dinged; IE-admit; ISB - admit; IIMB-admit; SPJain- admit; IIM C- Admit, IIM A - Dinged after interview. Finally joining IIM B
WE 1: 3
WE 2: 2
WE 3: 2
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 9

Re: Applying to ISB,IIM (A,B,C,L) for the class of 2012 [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 10:21
Punagr,
m doing decent in sectional tests around 26-33 corrects in a test of 41 or so. english is my strong point, m delaying GMAT out of less confidence and build more strenght before i plunge. can you advise?

also IIM A , I have the 1 yr PGPM, other dont have a general PGPM, ie they have specific course like IT/manuf etc

ASHISH DONGRE
BE KIND & GENEROUS TO SHARE THE KUDOS...THE MORE YOUR GIVE THE MORE YOU GET

Manager
Manager
Schools: INSEAD - dinged; IE-admit; ISB - admit; IIMB-admit; SPJain- admit; IIM C- Admit, IIM A - Dinged after interview. Finally joining IIM B
WE 1: 3
WE 2: 2
WE 3: 2
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 9

Re: Applying to ISB,IIM (A,B,C,L) for the class of 2012 [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 10:23
i am your man...call me if need be 9702029658 ( Indian standard time).. m planning for GMAT - may end and applications immediately

ASHISH DONGRE
BE KIND & GENEROUS TO SHARE THE KUDOS...THE MORE YOUR GIVE THE MORE YOU GET

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 12

Re: Applying to ISB,IIM (A,B,C,L) for the class of 2012 [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 14:29
This post received
KUDOS
Glad to see the energy here for ISB! I am planning on Round1.
Btw just that you folks know, looks like R1 deadline has been preponed to August 30th this year. (Can't post URLs yet - but do check out the ISB admission director's blog)
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Applying to ISB,IIM (A,B,C,L) for the class of 2012 [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 20:30
strangebrew wrote:
Glad to see the energy here for ISB! I am planning on Round1.
Btw just that you folks know, looks like R1 deadline has been preponed to August 30th this year. (Can't post URLs yet - but do check out the ISB admission director's blog)

Here is the link, which I think you are referring to. Thanks for the update.

http://www.isb.edu/blog/admissionsdirector/

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 12

Re: Applying to ISB,IIM (A,B,C,L) for the class of 2012 [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 10:22
@bigoyal: Yes - thats the one i was talking about. Does this mean that interview calls and subsequent decisions will be made two weeks earlier? Also, can you open a new thread for ISB class 2012 folks for facilitate more targeted discussions?
Manager
Manager

Re: Applying to ISB,IIM (A,B,C,L) for the class of 2012 [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 20:03
Hello frnds ,

Which of these 2 courses is better IIMA PGPX or ISBs' as im having 6-7 years of WExp..

Thanks
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Applying to ISB,IIM (A,B,C,L) for the class of 2012 [#permalink] New post 18 May 2010, 10:35
strangebrew wrote:
@bigoyal: Yes - thats the one i was talking about. Does this mean that interview calls and subsequent decisions will be made two weeks earlier? Also, can you open a new thread for ISB class 2012 folks for facilitate more targeted discussions?

Hi, I just noticed that the application dates have been announced. I have started a new thread for ISB class of 2012. Please visit the below threads:
calling-all-isb-2011-applicants-94439.html

Manager
Manager

Re: Applying to ISB,IIM (A,B,C,L) for the class of 2012 [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2010, 08:57
Hi..

I am planning to apply for IIMA PGPX but have not yet fixed my GMAT date...
So need help with regard to fixing up the date...

Q : what could be my last date on which i can fix my gmat keeping in mind the last date of IIMA application i.e. August 10 ,2010 and the time it takes to have your Official Score card....??

Is the official score card also required in Application or is just the Score at the time of application..??

How much time do i need for the Application form ..??

Plzz help... Thanks
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Applying to ISB,IIM (A,B,C,L) for the class of 2012 [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2010, 07:10
sag wrote:
Hi..

Q : what could be my last date on which i can fix my gmat keeping in mind the last date of IIMA application i.e. August 10 ,2010 and the time it takes to have your Official Score card....??

Is the official score card also required in Application or is just the Score at the time of application..??

Plzz help... Thanks

I'll say at max you should schedule your gmat by 1st or 2nd of Aug. It will take around 1 week for gmac to send the official score to you and to the b-school your are applying in.

At the time of filling the application you need gmat score + gmat essay scores. The essay score would be available only once you receive your official score. Its just the score which you need to enter in the application (as its an online application). You do not need to wait for receiving the hard copy of the scores.

Manager
Manager

Re: Applying to ISB,IIM (A,B,C,L) for the class of 2012 [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2010, 19:34
bigoyal wrote:
sag wrote:
Hi..

Plzz help... Thanks

I'll say at max you should schedule your gmat by 1st or 2nd of Aug. It will take around 1 week for gmac to send the official score to you and to the b-school your are applying in.

At the time of filling the application you need gmat score + gmat essay scores. The essay score would be available only once you receive your official score. Its just the score which you need to enter in the application (as its an online application). You do not need to wait for receiving the hard copy of the scores.

Thanks for explaining very nicely..

1. Around how much time is reqd to prepare IIMA PGPX application..?? Is it possible after 1st or 2nd of Aug ( say i schedule my exam on these dates ??
2. Is it possible that the essay scores don't reach in time if i appear in GMAT on 1st or 2nd ?? as i need the essay scores as well while submitting my application ..

Thanks once again..
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 395 [1] , given: 56

GMAT Tests User
Re: Applying to ISB,IIM (A,B,C,L) for the class of 2012 [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2010, 21:35
This post received
KUDOS
sag wrote:
Thanks for explaining very nicely..

1. Around how much time is reqd to prepare IIMA PGPX application..?? Is it possible after 1st or 2nd of Aug ( say i schedule my exam on these dates ??
2. Is it possible that the essay scores don't reach in time if i appear in GMAT on 1st or 2nd ?? as i need the essay scores as well while submitting my application ..

Thanks once again..

1. In IIMA PGPX application you don't need to write essays initially. Once your application is reviewed and accepted, then only you need to start writing the essays. In around 10-15 days you can comfortably complete your application (I'm assuming no essays are there. I would recommend to check the format in case they have changed it)
2. I got my GMAT official score in around 4 days. To be on safe side, you can keep 10-12 days. This will also give you sufficient time to fill the application.

Manager
Manager

Re: Applying to ISB,IIM (A,B,C,L) for the class of 2012 [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2010, 22:03
Thanks bigoyal.... +1 kudos to u...
Manager
Manager

Re: Applying to ISB,IIM (A,B,C,L) for the class of 2012 [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2010, 22:10
Hi Bigoyal..

1 more doubt... i m into my family business for the last 7 yrs after doing my B.Tech...

Will IIMA PGPX be suitable for me..?? Will IIMA treat me at paar with working executives or not..?

Thanks
Re: Applying to ISB,IIM (A,B,C,L) for the class of 2012   [#permalink] 16 Jun 2010, 22:10