Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 18:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Applying to MIT Sloan Question About AWA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Applying to MIT Sloan Question About AWA [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 14:23
Hello there, I am from Turkey and I will apply the MSMS program in MIT. Our school has partnership with MIT sloan and I guess it will be a bit easier for me to get an acceptance.

My GMAT score is V:33/Q:49/Total:670 but I got a very low AWA with 2.5. I actually just checked the section and just wrote some stuff and pass it since the schools that I was planning to apply did not require AWA. Can this be a problem for MIT Sloan MSMS program?? I also got a Toefl and my score in writing was 24/30 so would this help? Should I mail the adcom about this or mention about it on my SOP?

Thanks in advance.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Applying to MIT Sloan Question About AWA [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 20:08
You should go to the Business School and MBA section of the forum to ask this. There is somebody that can help you evaluating your profile and chance of getting into the school.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 5

Re: Applying to MIT Sloan Question About AWA [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 20:21
I am not familiar with the MSMS program at MIT, however I do know that most of the top tier MBA programs expect at least a 4.0 on the AWA. Anything below that and they start to question if you actually wrote the essays within the application. Just note, scoring a 6.0 on the AWA won't make your application any more competitive. Increasing your quant/verbal score however will.
Re: Applying to MIT Sloan Question About AWA   [#permalink] 26 Jan 2012, 20:21